PDA

View Full Version : Colour Coding?

Ouija
25th May 2005, 07:53 AM
Hi everyone.

Can anyone recommend a decent bodyshop around the glasgow area that can respray the bumpers of my Cooper S? Most places ive checked out have said that the job is a complete nightmare and not worth the hassel? Starting to think they dont want my business!

Also a rough idea of the cost if anyone has already had it done.

Thanks in advance

Ouija

Big Gordy
25th May 2005, 04:21 PM
Can't give you anywhere in the Glasgow area I'm afraid but I can give you a rough price:I I had the front bumper on my Mundane done recently and it was £90 at a place called Burgoynes in Airth (next to Grangemouth) :p:D:approve:

Gismo
25th May 2005, 04:24 PM
Typically BMW pricing is high, anything up to about £400 :eek: i'm not from the Glasgow area, but, someone more local will advise, i personally got mine done for £90 at a local shop in Montrose and will be going back there for my new cooper ;):cool:
It is a lot of work as special paints are required etc but, well worth it as the standard arches are a nightmare to keep clean

Big Gordy
25th May 2005, 05:19 PM
But he said he only wanted to paint his bumpers:eek:;)
If you use a BMW paintshop they use water based paint which is mucho dosh per litre:dead: :p:D:approve:

Gismo
25th May 2005, 05:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy
But he said he only wanted to paint his bumpers:eek:;)
:I:I:p

KINGHORN
25th May 2005, 08:07 PM
my bro colour codes kits has done a few on here, he used water based paint also, purely because of the fact that thinners based is a pain in the arse for plastics and aint that much cheaper, bonnie i presume for that price they are being painted in 2pac paint which will fade quite fast, espaecialy on a black car.

S7JGW
25th May 2005, 10:36 PM
I got mine done for around £400 Arches, Sideskirts, front bumper, backbumper and mudflaps. Going in soon to get bonnet painted so can put on my stripes.
Jim

Craig
26th May 2005, 03:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Can't give you anywhere in the Glasgow area I'm afraid but I can give you a rough price:I I had the front bumper on my Mundane done recently and it was £90 at a place called Burgoynes in Airth (next to Grangemouth) :p:D:approve:

I would also recommend Burgoynes - our work have used them and their work is top notch..

Ouija
26th May 2005, 04:00 AM
I meant all the trim and not just the bumpers! Sorry for any confusion:D

Contact details of places would be great, not that bothered about whereabouts in scotland as lets face it, our country aint that big! LOL Beats driving down south!

Thanks again

Ouija