PDA

View Full Version : Gigs

euan
24th May 2005, 05:54 PM
I just wondered who we were all going to see this year, or who you had seen this year.

So far, I've seen Athlete who were fantastic live, and also the Finn Brothers. They were also great, Tim is just a mad man on stage. You've not seen dancing like it...

Also got tickets for Coldplay, REM in Hyde Park, Beth Orton (outside gig in the courtyard of Summerset house - if anyone is in london over the summer you should try and go to gigs there - amazing!).

So, who is seeing what?

GAJ
24th May 2005, 06:21 PM
Last gig - Television Personalities;
Next gig - Pixies. :p

Wul
24th May 2005, 09:07 PM
Last Gig - Kaiser Chiefs
Next Gig - Oh man - not got a next gig :(

Scottie
24th May 2005, 10:48 PM
last gig this year - none

next gig this year - Niel Diamond.

Mini Me
25th May 2005, 03:43 AM
last gigs,the music and paul weller
next gig Oasis:p

Monsta Mo Mini
25th May 2005, 05:59 AM
Last gig Ska Dance Craze & Bombskare

Next gig - the Pixies

J Cee
25th May 2005, 03:12 PM
I want to see U2 at Hampden but I’am not paying the over-inflated prices.:disapprove::disapprove::disapprove:

Willie M
25th May 2005, 04:03 PM
Last gigs: Green Day, Stiff Little Fingers, Bryan Adams
Up n' coming: REM, Coldplay, Oasis, Motorhead

Sadly, Busted split up so Linda couldn't drag me off to see them this year ;):D

Big Col
25th May 2005, 04:58 PM
This whole thread was just started so Euan could tell us he has tickets for REM in hyde park! ;)

euan
25th May 2005, 11:45 PM
It's so not! I promise! I've had them for ages, but as it's almost summer (not that you'd notice with the rain and wind) it's always good to go and see live music and enjoy a beer. I have to be honest, I cannot wait for any of the outdoor gigs I'm going to this year.

J Cee - I wanted to see U2 and had the offer of tickets but at 70 quid a pop I'm with you - just not worth it. Best gig I've seen recently was Athlete and they only cost 15 quid.

Wul - how where the Kaiser chiefs? tickets for them here went really quickly so I missed out, but suspect they would be good.

minime - where the music good? My ipod played the last album when I had it on random and they sounded great. And Paul Weller - the mans a legend!

frizzie__kizzie
28th May 2005, 07:01 AM
Last gig - Avril Lavigne and Hanson :D
Next gig - McFly and (hopefully!) Foo Fighters

I think I have the lamest ones out of all of you, even though I really enjoyed Hanson...but the attraction to McFly has slightly worn off since I bought the tickets I must admit!

:I:clown::kiss:

Mini Me
28th May 2005, 06:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by frizzie__kizzie

Last gig - Avril Lavigne and Hanson :D
Next gig - McFly and (hopefully!) Foo Fighters

I think I have the lamest ones out of all of you, even though I really enjoyed Hanson...but the attraction to McFly has slightly worn off since I bought the tickets I must admit!

Must...resist....i know where you stay and i have a gun:eek::blackeye:

Clare1
28th May 2005, 07:41 PM
Previous - Yoji Biomehanika.....haha, pronounce THAT!

Next - Coloursfest 2005 @ Braehead Arena

;0)

Julz
28th May 2005, 09:21 PM
last gig - Green Day
next gig - T IN THE PARK!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Gismo
28th May 2005, 10:58 PM
Last = Kylie :I
Next = Nowt planned :(

Mini Me
29th May 2005, 12:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
This whole thread was just started so Euan could tell us he has tickets for REM in hyde park! ;)

:eek::evil:As if that's something, you would admit to on a public forum:evil:;)

Smurf
29th May 2005, 01:15 AM
OK, here goes, I'm going to sit back and wait for the slagging.

Last gigs - Wet Wet Wet, SECC, December (ish) last year (great fun) :I :D
Billy Connolly, Albert Hall, Stirling, beginning of May (FANTASTIC) :D :cool:

Next gig - Wet Wet Wet at Stirling Castle, 1st July! :I :I :eek:

Scottie
29th May 2005, 01:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

on no not another one :p I'm going:D best band ever :cool:in fact I fell in love with him (marti) way back when he done that gig in Glasgow Green.

Then I went to see him in Arran:eek: and on and on every time he has been a secc.

One of the best was when he went to macduff brillant it was:D

Mini Me
30th May 2005, 06:05 AM
I can honestly say that if wet,wet,wet were playing a live gig in my back garden.....i would shut the blinds and curtains..:p

<sound off abuse comming in the distance)the only thing thats wet, are the wee puffs in the band<ducks for cover>

DEATH TO WET ,WET,WET.....LONG LIVE OASIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AndyP & Lenore
30th May 2005, 06:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

on no not another one :p I'm going:D best band ever :cool:in fact I fell in love with him (marti) way back when he done that gig in Glasgow Green.

Then I went to see him in Arran:eek: and on and on every time he has been a secc.

Last Gig: Wet Wet Wet. (SECC December)
Next Gig: Wet Wet Wet. (Stirling Castle & Liverpool):D:D

Can't wait to see the guys again. I have been a big fan of Wet Wet Wet since 1987 and finally got to meet them all last year in Edinburgh (signing at HMV)and get their autographs and my pic with Marti.:D:D:D

Minime - I would definately run and hide before we come after you.:p

Lenore

Scottie
30th May 2005, 07:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Last Gig: Wet Wet Wet. (SECC December)
Next Gig: Wet Wet Wet. (Stirling Castle & Liverpool):D:D

Can't wait to see the guys again. I have been a big fan of Wet Wet Wet since 1987 and finally got to meet them all last year in Edinburgh (signing at HMV)and get their autographs and my pic with Marti.:D:D:D

Minime - I would definately run and hide before we come after you.:p

Lenore

you've met wet wet wet :evil::evil: and got their auotgraphs:evil::evil::evil:

I asked (shouted) at him (marti) to throw his waist coat into the crowd (mainly me) at Glasgow Green it was his black leather one god he looked good in that doubt he never heard me.

Just booked Elton John for June at Easter Road herd Lulu would be there so couldn't miss it. ( what a price I paid from ebay shocking:eek: daylight robbery:eek:).

Mini Me
30th May 2005, 07:17 AM
he wouldn't throw you his waistcoat for god's sake, that's where he keeps all his stash !!!:evil::eek:;)

AndyP & Lenore
30th May 2005, 07:19 AM
Scottiecoop - Not only have I met them but got a cuddle from Marti and Andrew took a photo of me and Marti together.:D:D

Less than five weeks till Stirling Castle and Liverpool. Can't wait.:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
30th May 2005, 07:20 AM
Minime - Are you still hanging around I thought I told you to run and hide!:p

Scottie
30th May 2005, 07:27 AM

Scottiecoop - Not only have I met them but got a cuddle from Marti and Andrew took a photo of me and Marti together.:D:D

you got a cuddle:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil: how long ago was that then:question: bet you smell now:p;) I would never have washed if that happened to me;):D

AndyP & Lenore
30th May 2005, 07:30 AM

you got a cuddle:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil: how long ago was that then:question: bet you smell now:p;) I would never have washed if that happened to me;):D

It was at the beginning of November last year, they were at HMV promoting their new single/album.

AndyP & Lenore
30th May 2005, 07:46 AM
OK, ok, ok.... enough already!

AndyP back in control of the keyboard now:). Lenore's been sent to bed with a flea in her ear:blackeye:!

Whilst considering all these gigs the Poole's have been on, spare a wee thought for poor AndyP8), who trudges along reluctantly, to keep the better half happy and contented:eek:.

I mean, 4 times to see Marti in Chicago the musical:eek:. Every tour since the late 80's (mostly the Glasgow dates):eek:. Including Marti's own tour when he was solo for a while:eek::disapprove::eek:.

But if the truth has to come out, it has to come out. I do love the music:I:I. Much prefer the early Wet's music, and love the Jazz of Chicago:D.

AndyPPPPPPPPPPPPP (not Lenore this time)

P.S. to minime - If Oasis is so good, why does every single song sound exactly like the last one:D:question::D

sleepyrascal
30th May 2005, 11:33 AM
I have tickets for REM on the bonnie banks of loch lommond but im selling them as im in the states. I just want face value. A I have someone on the UK who is holding the reciept only as the tickets are only sent out 10 days before the gig. I think there are two tickets as one of the other guys i was going with now cant go either. There may be three but ill get more info.

Big Col
30th May 2005, 03:50 PM

The Keyboard player from WWW lived next door to my Gran.

Gismo
30th May 2005, 06:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal
I have tickets for REM on the bonnie banks of loch lommond but im selling them as im in the states.
When is it and i'll buy them from you :p:cool:

euan
31st May 2005, 08:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by minime

quote:Originally posted by Big Col

:eek::evil:As if that's something, you would admit to on a public forum:evil:;)

Having seen some of the posts in this topic, I'm taking no abuse for REM at Hyde Park :)

My mate saw Avril Lavinge in Melbourne - went with two Australian lesbians who had a fight that he had to settle. He said he actually enjoyed it (the concert). At which point I disowned him. It was while he was there that the thought came to him that Avril is actually a big lesbian icon in Oz. And that he would be going home alone....

Big Gordy
31st May 2005, 10:15 PM
Went to see Av Lav last year with number 2 offspring and she was actually very good:approve: She's even smaller than Kylie tho :eek::D
Wasn't as good as Rush who I also saw last year:D
Nothing planned so far for this year except maybe superbikes at Brands Hatch with ma bro :p:D:approve:

frizzie__kizzie
31st May 2005, 10:48 PM
Number 2 offspring here, agreeing that she was actually really good. Her band were fantastic (stole the spotlight off Avril a bit, if truth be told). I think she's back in Scotland in October, so I would recommend that (if you like her music) you go see her live.

euan
31st May 2005, 11:49 PM
I can state now - I'll not be going to see Avril ;)

When i was in Oz earlier in the year they had an exhibition of Kylies dresses which my missus wanted to see - they were tiny! In all my life I've never seen dresses that a 30 year old woman wears in that size.

euan
1st June 2005, 06:53 PM
OK, gutted.

Got a letter yesterday saying that Beth Orton has had to cancel the Somerset House gig. It's such a great location, and the other gig in the summer series there I would have gone to see is the Doves, but it's sold out now. Not happy.

Jeff
1st June 2005, 09:12 PM
I have got tickets for U2 and Oasis and they are both playing within 8 days of each other rock and roll!!!!