PDA

View Full Version : Mini Service Interval

ScottishCooper
24th May 2005, 05:11 AM
Wonder if someone can clear this up, as I have had two different stories from the same dealership.

Had my cooper for 2 years now, low mileage (about 17000).
It was serviced a year ago, and I expected to take it in again for its 2nd service. because of it being 2 years old.
I was told yes, bring it in, by what sounded like a 'clueless boy' the 1st time I phones, and then told 'No its 2 year service interval now' by a woman who sounded like she knew exactly what she was talking about.
Can anyone confirm this either way for me, and yes I have emailed BMW tonight also.

Thanks in advance.

Gismo
24th May 2005, 05:31 AM
As part of the TLC the car can only be serviced when the car says so, by that i mean, when you start up your car the mileage part indicates how many miles are left until the service will be carried out
Any other servicing is at your cost, sadly the age of the car does not dictate the service intervals but how you drive it etc

ScottishCooper
24th May 2005, 05:49 AM
Yeah, that would be right enough, as it says I have about 9000 Miles till next service, just wanted to check to be on the safe side.
Thanks for the info.

Gismo
24th May 2005, 05:55 AM
In my opinion, it would be well worth you changing the oil and filter, at your cost :(
Either that or start driving the car a lot more :p

ScottishCooper
24th May 2005, 06:01 AM
I was thinking along those lines, was thinking about doing myself.
I know it is a specific Oil. Would I be as well taking it to the dealership to save the hassle?
Does do a good few miles now, was car sharing last year though so kept the miles low.

Gismo
24th May 2005, 03:18 PM
It'll take half an hour to change the oil and filter, obviously you'll have to pay for their time, but, you'll have the peace of mind that it's done right ;)

Big Col
24th May 2005, 03:52 PM
I don't think that's entirely right BS. I think Big G got his motor serviced after 2 years on the tlc despite the fact it's only done about 4 miles. He'll hopefully be along shortly to let us know. :)

Willie M
24th May 2005, 04:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

I think Big G got his motor serviced after 2 years on the tlc despite the fact it's only done about 4 miles.
Yeah, word is it's still running on the original tank of petrol too ;):D

Big Gordy
24th May 2005, 04:16 PM
quote:despite the fact it's only done about 4 miles
Cheeky:evil: Its actually 5100 miles in 2 years:I:D
Well where do I begin:mad: First time I phoned (when the car was a year old and 2500 miles) I was told 'sorry sir BMW won't pay us under the TLC until its 18 months old' So when it was coming up for 18 months I phoned again only to be told 'sorry sir BMW won't pay us under the TLC until its 2 years old' :evil::evil::evil: Last month the car was telling me I had 3 miles to go before its brake fluid change was due so I booked it in stupidly thinking they would do the first service as well - doh silly me :mad: As the car was only 1 year and 11 months old they wouldn't do it:eek::eek: I couldn't believe it all for the sake of one month:mad: Mutley was 2 last week:D(yes we had a cake;)) so I plan on phoning today/tomorrow to book him in but the car is still telling me it has 1700 miles to go before it needs serviced:eek: I'll let you know what happens8) In future I will be doing what I've always done in the past - change the oil and filter myself every year:D For all that it costs it will make me feel better;) Rant over :p:D:approve:

euan
24th May 2005, 05:42 PM
Big G - do you walk everywhere? How on earth have you got so few miles on the car? It's hardly broken in :)

Big Col
24th May 2005, 05:49 PM
It's not his car mate. It's his wife's. :D

Gismo
24th May 2005, 06:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I don't think that's entirely right BS.
So i was right then ;)

Big Gordy
24th May 2005, 06:15 PM
quote:It's not his car mate. It's his wife's.
Its true:I Its Ishy's mowta really:disapprove: I just picked it, wash it and pay for it :mad:

quote:How on earth have you got so few miles on the car?
Its the second car so most of the miles are put on the Mondeo and Ishy just uses it for her 2.5 mile commute to work week days:I and I thrash it at the weekends:D when I'm on my own:I8);)
Our last 2nd car, the XR2, was 16 years old with 76,000 miles on it:approve: Not as bad as a mate of mine who has an 'S'. One year he only did 350 miles between MOT's:eek: :p:D:approve:

Big Col
24th May 2005, 06:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland
So i was right then ;)

Actually you weren't mate but if it makes you happy you can think you were. :)

euan
24th May 2005, 09:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

quote:It's not his car mate. It's his wife's.
Its true:I Its Ishy's mowta really:disapprove: I just picked it, wash it and pay for it :mad:

quote:How on earth have you got so few miles on the car?
Its the second car so most of the miles are put on the Mondeo and Ishy just uses it for her 2.5 mile commute to work week days:I and I thrash it at the weekends:D when I'm on my own:I8);)
Our last 2nd car, the XR2, was 16 years old with 76,000 miles on it:approve: Not as bad as a mate of mine who has an 'S'. One year he only did 350 miles between MOT's:eek: :p:D:approve:

That does explain a lot :) 350 miles between MOTs? that's mental!