PDA

View Full Version : Mini Jack and Wheel Brace Saga!

Wul
5th March 2003, 07:04 PM
Been trying like a bear to get MINI to cough up a wheel brace and jack for my coop. See below for the two responses i've had so far but i'm a bit miffed to say the least!

I asked Douglas Park at the time of ordering if i could get a jacl etc and they said it only came with the space saver kit - but i explained i didn't want the space saver wheel as i had run-flats! she then said - well as you have the TLC pack, you won't need one! then during producton i again asked about getting a jack etc and got much the same reply!

Now, i heard that all 2003 mini's come with a jack as standard - at no extra cost so i decided to contact MINI(UK) by email.

Response 1 was:

"Dear Mr Scott
Thank you for your e-mail.
You can purchase a jack and brace from your local MINI dealerships parts department. I was sorry that you were not informed when you purchased the vehicle that it came without a jack but the run flat tyres will do away with the need for this item. I hope this information is of use to you."

Emailed back asking why all 2003 models got them as standard and got this back this morning:

Response 2:

"Dear Mr Scott
The 2003 MINI's will come with a jack due to the fact that Germany insisted that one is included. In Germany they run their vehicles with summer and winter tyres, not required in this country, and if a vehicle is without a jack it can cause problems with insurance cover. It was decided that the easiest option was to supply a jack with all MINI's as of 2003. I hope this information is of use to you."

So there you go! Thats me told!

Asked the sales lady in dunedin this morning if 2003 models came with them as standard and she said yes but didn't know why, however she did say their parts dept could order one for me and that she thought it wouldn't be too expensive!

So before i finally cough up the dough i think i will write to MINI UK asking again, perhaps cc the letter to douglas park this time!

Or am i just being a "nit picker"??

Gismo
5th March 2003, 07:09 PM
Wul,
I happened to mention to my dealer that i was changing my wheels etc and would not have run flats anymore, i enquired about the jack etc and my salesman got one for me, no argument, no hassle, but, best of all, NO FEE.

hassle yours some more

bonnie scotland