PDA

View Full Version : Checkgirl...(and Phantom)

Burple
20th May 2005, 08:07 PM
Good to see you both!! And just one roundabout apart! :D

Glad to see there *IS* other Mini life in Dundee! THought you'd all disappeared.. Spent the last few weeks waving at EVERY mini... but nothing back! Gits! ;):p:D

It's getting as bad as Edinburgh round here!!!

;);):p

Big Gordy
20th May 2005, 08:32 PM
Larbert/Stenhousemuir seems to have the opposite problem lnl:D I get most of my waves and flashes returned but none of them are from people on here:( Last night I actually had the mini in front flash their hazards at me before I had a chance to do anything:eek: It was a dark blue cooper with a white roof and egg poacher alloys :p:D:approve:

phantom
21st May 2005, 04:14 AM
hi again Ewan, got me broadband all working had to phone the help desk though, doh! well how did I know there was an automatic disconnect after twenty minutes if idle that I did not deselect!:clown:

empi67
22nd May 2005, 05:06 AM
They must have something against you... :D

i`d say about 90% of mini Drivers in dundee now flash or wave back..

My persistance is paying off i think.

Either that or they say "GOD Heres that nutter again.. better smile wave and look happy."

Burple
23rd May 2005, 08:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by phantom

hi again Ewan, got me broadband all working had to phone the help desk though, doh! well how did I know there was an automatic disconnect after twenty minutes if idle that I did not deselect!:clown:

Heh heh.. the joys of home PC's... :D

I'll stick to the 1Gb link to the Intarweb we have here at the Uni! :D:D

Incidentally, who did you go with for yer BB, and what connection / cost? I'll be considering in in the next few weeks - cos I'm sick of Dial-up at home!
Had a 'salesman' from Telewest at the door on friday night... he vanished sharpish when I said what I did for a living! :D:D:D:D:D;);)

Craig
24th May 2005, 01:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

quote:Originally posted by phantom

Heh heh.. the joys of home PC's... :D

I'll stick to the 1Gb link to the Intarweb we have here at the Uni! :D:D

Incidentally, who did you go with for yer BB, and what connection / cost? I'll be considering in in the next few weeks - cos I'm sick of Dial-up at home!
Had a 'salesman' from Telewest at the door on friday night... he vanished sharpish when I said what I did for a living! :D:D:D:D:D;);)

1GB at work - we have a 2GB connection its much better! :D:D:D

For your info, I have Tiscali Broadband and I can't complain. You can get 1mb for £14.99 at the moment (they have just dropped their prices) and 2MB is £19.99 - whatch out if you download a lot as there are limits to the amount you can download. I used to have unlimited and it was £25.00 per month.

Cheers

Craig

phantom
24th May 2005, 01:32 AM
Hi Euan, I'm with Tesco as I was with them for the dial up so just stayed with them at £17.90 for 1mb plus I added 50p a month for their security disc which keeps updated automatically as i never remember to do that. Hope thats helpful. :D

hyperflick
25th May 2005, 01:32 AM
quote:It's getting as bad as Edinburgh round here!!!

Oi!!!:eek::eek::eek:.... Cheeky Monkey:p:p:):):D:D:D

We're not all that bad and you know it:dead::dead::p:p;););)

The Bull
25th May 2005, 08:28 AM
Have to agree with the Dundee response. I get hardly any returns of waves/flashes in and around Angus but on a recent jaunt to Dunders I was overwhelmed by the light/hand correspondence I got. Reinstalled my faith in Mini owners. I was starting to think that as more of them appeared on the road the less people were bothered about the etiquette!

Burple
25th May 2005, 07:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by hyperflick

quote:It's getting as bad as Edinburgh round here!!!
Oi!!!:eek::eek::eek:.... Cheeky Monkey:p:p:):):D:D:D
We're not all that bad and you know it:dead::dead::p:p;););)

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:cool::cool::D:D:D:clown:: clown::clown::clown::clown:

Burple
25th May 2005, 07:12 PM
Think I might just have to go with Telewest's 3 for £30...
I know the BB is only 512K, but download speeds hardly ever get anywhere near that.. so it's enough. And there isn't a limit on the volume you can download either! :D

If I look at it another way.. I'd be at least £10 for a BT line, and the current dial-up is £14, so for another £5 or £6 I can get basic cable too.. including Sky One and UK Gold.. :D:D

..heh.. Wonder if I can "Un-tune" Channel 4 and E4 till farkin' Big Brother goes away again for this year? Don't get me started!!!! ;););):blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::clo wn::clown::p:p