PDA

View Full Version : Cullen Mystery....

Monsta Mo Mini
31st July 2003, 01:41 AM
I've just recieved the following email from Hilton:

Dear Calum
I hope everything went well with the rally and you had an enjoyable night at the Hilton Aviemore.

A curious thing has occurred however - our staff did a head count of all the Mini2 guests and there were three more dinner guests than there were residents. This has left an outstanding bill of £61.50 as no one settled the bill on the evening in question.

Could you possibly let me know who I should contact regarding payment for these additional dinners?

Thank you very much for your assistance.
Kind Regards

Amanda Mutch
Conference and Banqueting Sales Manager
Hilton Aviemore and Hilton Aviemore Inn
Tel.: 01479 810681
Fax.: 01479 810534

-----------

Can anyone shed any light on this..........?????

I don't think she can force me to pay can she???

Big Col
31st July 2003, 01:50 AM
I wonder if some sneaky buggars just said "Yeah we're with them"...

I don't think they can force you to pay otherwise they would have said "Could you please pay" and would probably expect you to get the money from the people involved.

Woz
31st July 2003, 03:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Sounds like what happened to me.

I would say its their fault for not counting how many people had the Run meal, but dont quote me on that

Wul
31st July 2003, 04:51 PM
AAHH so my fake beard and moustache worked! :D:I:clown:

Although correct me if i'm wrong here but i'm sure i saw Alan eating two meals at the lunchstop too! :D:p;)

Tell them you have no idea why there were 3 extra meals as you only know of the residents staying were there and that surely their waiting staff counted the number of main courses when they took the order!?

Linda M
31st July 2003, 07:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

That would've been a bit hard to do Col as we had a whole section to ourselves with allocated waiting staff.

minidriver#1
31st July 2003, 09:00 PM
were there any people that didnt stay the night at the hotel but came for the meal? Also, how can there be three more meals that residents when the meals are included in the price. On top of that, they should have done a head count initially. Its a curious one.

Mini Martyn
1st August 2003, 06:33 PM
Since half the staff couldnt speak english midday they couldnt count either!!

minidriver#1
1st August 2003, 06:35 PM
qui? qui?

Egg? sure. haha.

I think they may have counted others accidently, rogue residents that may have sat among the MINI runners perhaps?

Monsta Mo Mini
1st August 2003, 08:03 PM
Eeese hamster ! hhhhonest Senior Faulteee.

Update: The hotel has admitted that it was their mistake for not picking up on it on the evening so whoever it was has gotten away with it. Doesn't make me too comfortable about doing any bookings in the future if certain individuals are prepared to rip the hotels off. That sort of behaviour gives the group a bad name. Rant over and let's hope it doesn't happen again.

sh@z
5th August 2003, 04:53 AM
myself and wakar were all paid up..

GAJ
5th August 2003, 06:22 AM
Who ate all the pies?