PDA

View Full Version : Copper gets off with speeding!

I Want A Works
19th May 2005, 01:43 AM
Have a look at this BBC News webpage (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/4559173.stm)

I think it is a bloody disgrace!:mad: If you or I were to use the excuse that we were "familiarising" ourselves with the new car at that speed, or any speed over the speed limit, we'd have been fined, pointed, banned or all three! Does this mean that if I were to get my racing licence, drive on deserted roads at over twice the sopeed limit, I'd get off with it????

I know that the police train drivers to drive at speed for pursuit purposes, but surely this should be done on closed roads, or test tracks!

At times like this I'm reminded of the Anbulance driver who was caught speeding in a organ transplant vehicle, with the blue lights on but was taken to court by the police! Now that I think can be justified!

Thoughts?????

Kosta
19th May 2005, 01:59 AM
Just read that on CUK. What a prick. the law stinks, and theres me gonna get endorsed for doing 6mph over the limit, and he was doing 150+ in a 70? Pissed me off even more now.

The Dogfather
19th May 2005, 02:44 AM
Crap! I miss-read the thread title I thought it said Cooper gets off with speeding.

Mini Me
19th May 2005, 03:49 AM
i had a speed cop out on demmo once in the JCW car, he red lined it, and had it up to 130ish:eek::eek::blackeye:,when i asked him to slow down, he told me it didn't matter he would be ok ....non fair,cant have one rule for them and another for us.....to$$er:dead::dead:

Mini Me
19th May 2005, 03:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

i had a speed cop out on demmo once in the JCW car, he red lined it, and had it up to 130ish:eek::eek::blackeye:,when i asked him to slow down, he told me it didn't matter he would be ok ....non fair,cant have one rule for them and another for us.....to$$er:dead::dead:

ergo,if you are a speed cop,dont come to me for a demo :mad::mad: unless your female,stacked and willing to try a very nice wee back road i know ;);)

Craig
19th May 2005, 06:09 AM
funny, we were discussing this at work today - it's a loophole :eek:, think it should be closed if you ask me as said before, If I was doing that speed, goodbye licence for at least a year and a HUGE fine. They get away with it as they need to know how the car will handle etc when they do need to use it to catch the scumbags that have nicked your car. The point about test tracks etc is also well made, but you don't see your average twoc'r using a test track once he has stolen yer motor.

davesminis
19th May 2005, 08:19 AM
I think i am going to change jobs and become a speed cop!!

160mph, here we come!

bpirie1000
19th May 2005, 04:27 PM
there is No Justice..

Check Kosta getting done for 6 Mph more than the Limit.. that could even be due to an Inaccurate speedo..

Tis Just not fair.......

Moan Over
Cheers Brian..

Monsta Mo Mini
19th May 2005, 05:23 PM
The crazy thing is they are taught how to drive like that on public roads. The Tyndrum - GlenCoe road is a favourite. My mate (who is drugs squad) did part of his training course ther and reckons they were doing 150+ in a Volvo across the Rannoch Moor stretch. Still stinks that a twat like that can get away scot free. My understanding is that even in an unmarked car - officers must justify any traffic offences (speed cameras etc.) to their superiors or face the same punishment as everyone else.

orich
19th May 2005, 07:40 PM
This is an interesting story. I didn't know there were different rules for Law Enforcement over there. Here in America, I am a Police Officer in New York City. If I was pulled over for speeding, I would be subject to summonses and fines just like anyone else.

aimee_s
19th May 2005, 08:44 PM
orich, do they recruit officers in NYC at a very young age?....or is your profile a digit out...!

orich
20th May 2005, 06:55 PM
Goodness! 13? I had better fix that...

orich
20th May 2005, 06:58 PM
OK, that's better. I'd really be upset if I had to give up my driver's license, and not be able to drive my MINI!!