PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Peeps Ahoy!!!

hyperflick
17th May 2005, 01:24 AM
Since there is quite a few of us in the Edinburgh area...
How about we all meet up one night for a wee get together?:):):D:D:D

There are a few of ya who i can't put faces too and would like to,
there are others who can't be mistaken i.e Wul:p n Gaj:p

So what about it guys???:):):D:D;);)

Surrounding areas welcome.... Weefossys etc:D:D:D

Let me know:):):D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
17th May 2005, 02:43 AM
If its a day or night when we are not working or can get time off then we would be interested.:D

GAJ
17th May 2005, 03:51 AM
Sounds good. :)

weefossy
17th May 2005, 04:43 AM
Sounds good to me....how about a wee run down the coast road, BBQ at the Fossies, if the weather is OK??

Monsta Mo Mini
17th May 2005, 04:48 AM
Are you not forgetting someone??? :D

Gismo
17th May 2005, 05:24 AM
This social event has all the makings of a full blown run :p BBQ at the fossies :cool::D
Apart from that, depending on dates, i could maybe stop over somewhere in Edinburger :) if i'm allowed :I

macblob
17th May 2005, 05:30 AM
If drinking is involved count me in , might need to blag a lift if a run is involved though

Neil and Lorna
17th May 2005, 06:49 AM
We would be up for it as well.:D
Depending on date and time.:)

Neil and Lorna.

hyperflick
17th May 2005, 08:35 PM
Ok guys...glad to see some interest:):):D:D:D

BS you're always welcome, you did give me your quad outlets after all:D:D:D:D:D

Any preferred dates in mind:question:

Malcolm, you or Siobahn can give me a call with dates that suit you... anything happening on the 4th of June:question::question:

Wul... can we expect to see you:question:

Drink will definatley be involved if we're crashing at the Weefossy's
I know them too well!!!... Tee Hee :p:p:):):):D:D:D:D

Wul
17th May 2005, 09:12 PM
To quote MMM "Normal service resumed" :I

Sorry Guys - trying to get the house finished before mid june so the weekends are eaten up with DIY at the mo - great idea though Flick - If you sort out a date and I can make it - I'll let you guys know!:)

Big Gordy
17th May 2005, 09:30 PM
Oooooooooooooooo:D Might be up for this as well providing date don't clash with other commitments:I :p:D:approve:

hyperflick
17th May 2005, 09:58 PM
Open to all date suggestions so please feel free to put your pennies worth in... Want to try and get as good a turn out as possible <without overtaking the fossies lovely pad too much>:p:p:):D:D:D

Malcolm is that nutter of a son of yours gonna be home:question::):):)

MMM will be good to see you too;)

sh@z
18th May 2005, 06:22 AM
Yeah i'd be up for this :D

Would be good to meet up with everyone again

Heather
18th May 2005, 06:24 AM
I'd trundle through for this Flick, the 4th sounds good to me. Its the day before my birthday:I:D

GAJ
18th May 2005, 10:17 AM
You're an honorary Edinburgher now anyway; you have salt and sauce and everything! ;)

Monsta Mo Mini
18th May 2005, 06:24 PM
Sorry - I'll be on me holibags on the 4th - oh well...next time!

hyperflick
19th May 2005, 01:39 AM
H... we need to meet up anyhoo not seen ya in ages:D:D:D
So if it's not the 4th do ya still wanna meet up?:):):)

Still need feed-back on dates guys, so if anyone has a free weekend
let me know:p:p:p

Sh@z good to know your gonna come along... I've only met
you the once at the go-karting:eek::):):D:D:D

MMM don't panic it may be a date you can make...nothing's set in stone yet:):):)

weefossy
19th May 2005, 06:49 AM
4th is OK with us, both the kids will be home so accommodation limited "just a tad". We could have 3 doubles and a single spare, + there's room on the living room floor, with your own sleeping bag / pillows / jim-jams. Flick has booked "the pink room"!!
Accommodation could be booked at the local "Faulty towers", if we get full, or alternatively we could have the BBQ earlier in the afternoon, to allow peeps to get home.

Heather
19th May 2005, 07:06 AM
Our meet is still on, just need to get organised. If the 4th is no good, should be free most weekends in June. Perhaps a helpful mod could make this a sticky and post some potential dates?;) (nudges the person sitting next to her)

davesminis
19th May 2005, 08:24 AM
Can I come? I know I am not from Edinburgh but Im only just over the bridge. Just keep informed of dates.

sh@z
19th May 2005, 11:45 AM
Im free all the time ... lol! mainly cos my exams are over WOOOHOOO

so whatever date ... ill make sure im there :)

phantom
20th May 2005, 03:33 AM
Sorry cant make the 4th, I'll be in Fleetwood as my two brothers are starting a round britain motor bike ride in 5 days for cancer reseach and I'll be doing the auction.

hyperflick
20th May 2005, 05:47 AM
OK PEEPS... THE 4TH OF JUNE IT IS!!:p:p:p:p

Just got off the phone to the Fossies:D:D:D

We are gonna meet in the car park at Hermiston Gate (where comet,homebase etc is) at 3pm and have a wee run round the surrounding country-side before ending up at the Fossies pad around 5ish....:):):D:D:D

Mum is gonna be slaving away while we're out cruising so everyone must give her a <BIG HUG> when we arrive;););)

Now I'm alright cos I have the 'Pink Room' but for all you other sleeper-overers it may be a good idea to bring a sleeping bag with you, or Heather you could bring your tent since you seem to be tent daft!!!:):):D:D:D... Tee Hee!

Davesmini... Your more than welcome to come. It'll be good to meet ya cos I don't think we have met before:):):)

Gonna try and drag D2 along too since he has become a bit notorious lately....
:eek:Oh my god he's just said he will attend and can he book a room at the Fossies:eek::eek::eek:

Yay!!! Mission nearly complete:p:p:):):):D:D:D:D

GAJ
20th May 2005, 07:19 AM
Well done. Looking forward to it! :D

Monsta Mo Mini
20th May 2005, 04:52 PM
:(

weefozzy Jr
20th May 2005, 07:42 PM
oh my god..............count me in, there should be room in my bed for any single females (what am i saying any females). i guess were getting drunk to, i'll get some redbull in. woo hoo party.

Gismo
21st May 2005, 04:43 AM
Looks like i won't get home until the 8th June, so, will probably miss this one, enjoy yourselves :cool:

hogg88
22nd May 2005, 10:03 AM
I'm up for this if i'm not offshore :D (Weekends of 11th & 18th of June good for me)
If i don't make this i'll organise one later in year, try and make it a regular thing :)

sh@z
22nd May 2005, 10:36 AM
The 4th works for me, i wont be crashing at the fossies tho, but yeah i shall make an appearance :D

hyperflick
23rd May 2005, 02:49 AM
Sorry MMM, we'll make sure we do another one so you can attend too:D:D:D

Looking forward to it guys, it's gonna be fun!!!:):):D:D:D

weefossy
23rd May 2005, 05:11 AM
OK, normally the photos appear after the run:):) but here are a few shots from today's reccie...great little roads.:D:cool: still working on the route....

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/61819_thumb.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/61821_thumb.jpg

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/61820_thumb.jpg

Who's up for it then??;)

Duncan Stewart
23rd May 2005, 09:46 PM
Bamburgh Castle! :eek: you will need wings & rocket engines to do a run there & back in 2 hours :p;).
Cannot make this meet. Enjoy yourselves :D

AndyP & Lenore
24th May 2005, 02:49 AM
Sorry folks, but we will not be able to make it on that day. Have a great run:D.

hyperflick
26th May 2005, 09:15 PM
Looks lovely Malcolm.... Lets just hope the weather is good for us
:p:p:):):):D:D:D:D

Are you peeps going on Saturday:question:

Neil and Lorna
31st May 2005, 06:49 PM
Sorry folkes not going to be able to go on this run.:(

Have a good day.:D:D

Neil

sh@z
1st June 2005, 09:06 AM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW man not gonna be able to make this run :(

Cousin is moving into her new house, and i have to help her move in .... damn !!!!! Hope you all have an awesome day and hurry and organise another one lol

weefossy
2nd June 2005, 04:26 AM
Hi guys, sorry but we are going to have to postpone this run. :(Malcolm got a tiny little cut on his finger at the weekend, which by Monday had turned into a nasty case of septic cellulitis resulting in unwelcome stop over at the new Royal Infirmary. First time in his life he has been in a hospital. He is still getting pumped full of antibiotics and pain killers and is unlikely to be back at work for a week, at least.

So as an alternative, what about either Sat 18th or Sun 19th. The latter would suit us better as we have a night out on the Friday, but it does mean most people won’t want to stop over, because of work on the Monday. What does everyone think??

Malcolm still wants to do the East Lothian run he has prepared, which will take about 2.5 – 3.00 hrs. Duncan, you were right, it doesn’t get as far as Bamburgh, so he will have to arrange another one to take in “Fish & Chips” at Seahouses.

Finally, the moral of this story, according to Malcolm is, “If you ever find a little prick in your hand, give it a squeeze and make sure you suck all the poison out of it before you do anything else!!!”:evil::D:evil:

sh@z
2nd June 2005, 05:37 AM
aww hope hes ok :( those damn pricks :cool:

I should be good for either of those dates... ill make sure i can make them both!!! :p

GAJ
2nd June 2005, 05:57 AM
Ouch! Sounds sore, hope he's feeling better soon. Look forward to the rearranged date, either suits me!

Heather
2nd June 2005, 06:15 AM
Hope my east coast colleagues are looking after him well! Pass our regards and hope that he gets well soon:)

Willie M
2nd June 2005, 04:04 PM
Yeah. Get well soon Malc. I tell you, some folk will do anything to get a few days off work ;):cool:

hyperflick
3rd June 2005, 04:39 AM
:eek::eek::eek:Poor ickle Malcolm...:(:(:(

Well at least we know he will be well looked after, sending hugs your way Malcolm.:):):):)

Either of those dates is fine by me, whatever suits you guys more for having peeps descend on your house:):):):D:D:D

Hopefully more of you will be able to make this wee run ie.. Andy & Lenore, Hogg88 and Wul, maybe even MMM if he is back from his hols by then!!!:p:p:p:p

Anyhoo it will go ahead and we will all have much fun I am sure...
:):):D:D:D;);););):p:p:p:p:p

RichardV
3rd June 2005, 07:33 PM
Im at alton towers on the 18th but free the 19th - if you do the run on the 18th maybe I could arrange to meet up when I get back (should be around 8-9pmish)

Sorry to hear about the cut - hope Malcolms ok!

Take it easy

Duncan Stewart
3rd June 2005, 09:30 PM
Get well sooon Malcolm.

Monsta Mo Mini
3rd June 2005, 09:42 PM
The 19th is Father's Day - just a wee reminder...;)

hogg88
5th June 2005, 08:44 PM
Hope you get well soon Malcolm :), both those dates are fine for me as i'll be home from offshore then :cool:.
Can't wait, North Berwick my cars second home :D

3GGG
5th June 2005, 10:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

The 19th is Father's Day - just a wee reminder...;)

That will be more pertinent to you this year Calum ;):)

AndyP & Lenore
6th June 2005, 05:14 AM
Sorry guys, can't make it on either of these days. Saturdays are never a good day for us as it is our busiest day of the week in the Cinema, and Sunday is Fathers Day and it wouldn't be fair to ask our Assistant Manager to work on that day as he is a Dad himself.

Hope it is a great day and hope that Malcolm is feeling better soon.:)

weefossy
8th June 2005, 04:41 AM
After much deliberation with Flick(with Sioban's permission of course)we have decided to go for Sat 18th, so everyone will get back in time for fathers' day. Can all those intending to join in, post up ASAP. Who needs a bed??
The route is interesting, with some roads I don't think we have had a run on before.....plenty single track.

hogg88
8th June 2005, 07:03 PM
Yes Yes Yes :D:cool::D Can i book one of your sun loungers out the back garden please ;) Might pop in and see you before then to stick a reserved label on, i'll bring the champagne :D

GAJ
8th June 2005, 07:14 PM
18th suits me! Looking forward to it. Can I book a bed too! Ta!!:p

weefossy
11th June 2005, 08:19 PM
OK guys, would just like to check the numbers for next Sat, 18th. So far I think we have the following coming

Hyperflick
Davidson2
Gaj
Hogg88
Weefossies

Can the following let me know
Sh@z
Heather
Davisminis
Phantom
Wul

Alan (BS) will you be back onshore and do you want a bed? MMM, is this date OK for you? If so, I will get the Mini paddling pool set up for junior!!

Are there any veggies for the BBQ?

The route is sorted, but I don't know how to post! I will bring copies for everybody to the start, which I think will be at the Burgerking / Travelodge carpark, at the roundabout where the Edinburgh Bypass meets the A1, near Musselburgh. Suggest about 2.00pm

Let's have any thoughts / confirmations ASAP. all the best

AndyP & Lenore
12th June 2005, 05:39 AM
Really sorry Malcolm. Just not going to be able to make this.:(:(

Although it's not on Father's day, we just can't take Saturday off either.:( First Saturday of BatMan Begins. Should be a v busy day for us.

Sorry again.

All the best,

AndyP & Lenore

Gismo
12th June 2005, 05:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy
Alan (BS) will you be back onshore and do you want a bed?
Sorry Malcolm, I'll be in Portugal chasing a wee white ball into a 4-3/4" cup, for those that can't follow that, i'll be golfing :cool:

weefossy
12th June 2005, 07:34 PM
Andy, Alan, no problems
Crack Zap Pow, get it in the hole, Robin:D:evil::D

Neil and Lorna
12th June 2005, 10:00 PM
Hi Malcolm

Sorry Malcolm we wont be able on this date either.:disapprove:

Have fun see you soon.:D

Neil & Lorna

Heather
13th June 2005, 01:11 AM
I'll be there:)

hyperflick
13th June 2005, 11:04 PM
Hey guys....

As Siobahn and I went for our usual little walk last night to the video shop via the pub:eek::eek: we were discussing what is gonna be happening on sat.... Let me tell ya that your gonna laugh your little socks off at the games she has organised:D:D:D:D

p.s You MUST asked Neil about Siobahn answering the phone on Sat night/ Sun morning

I was nearly rolling about the floor with laughter...:):):D:D:D:D

Crombers
14th June 2005, 01:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

OK guys, would just like to check the numbers for next Sat, 18th. So far I think we have the following coming

Hyperflick
Davidson2
Gaj
Hogg88
Weefossies

Can the following let me know
Sh@z
Heather
Davisminis
Phantom
Wul

Alan (BS) will you be back onshore and do you want a bed? MMM, is this date OK for you? If so, I will get the Mini paddling pool set up for junior!!

Are there any veggies for the BBQ?

The route is sorted, but I don't know how to post! I will bring copies for everybody to the start, which I think will be at the Burgerking / Travelodge carpark, at the roundabout where the Edinburgh Bypass meets the A1, near Musselburgh. Suggest about 2.00pm

Let's have any thoughts / confirmations ASAP. all the best

Is the door still open on this one folks. Nowt on this Saturday & a wee blast in ma MINI sounds tickety boo.

hyperflick
14th June 2005, 01:22 AM
Crombers....

You are more than welcome to join in the fun...:p:p:p

The more the merrier plus you get to hang out with us nutters, what better way to spend a saturday afternoon/evening!!!!:D:D:D:D

Plus there is DRINK involved Yay!!!!!!!!!!!:p:p:clown::clown:

Wul... You still decorating:sleepy::sleepy: or do you think you could use the force:evil::evil: to put the paint brush down and walk away slowly:question::eek::blackeye:;):):cool::D

weefossy
14th June 2005, 04:42 AM
All those coming to the BBQ run could you please bring Mom a photo of yourself when either a baby or a very young child, do not show or hand these pictures to anyone other than Mom.:D:evil::D Don't ask me why, I have no idea what she's planning. I suppose it makes a change from "throwing in the car keys"!!:eek::eek:

weefossy
16th June 2005, 06:42 AM
Peeps Ahoy!!
Can we all meet on Saturday at 2.15pm for a 2.30pm start. Starting point is the Travelodge / Burgerking car park next to the Esso garage, at the South East end of the Edinburgh bypass, where it joins the A1; the roundabout after Sherrifhall. If anyone is uncertain of where it is, e mail me.
The run will take 2.5 - 3.00 hours, which will get us back to North Berwick in nice time for BBQ / Beer. I will bring the route maps with me. The weather is supposed to be good:cool::cool:so hope everyone is "up for it"
See you Saturday.

hyperflick
16th June 2005, 09:35 PM
The weather is supposed to pick up on saturday again so lets hope it's nice sun shiny:D:D:D weather with no rain:mad::mad::mad: AT ALL!!!!!!

Shall we put bets on to see if D2 will be late altho the meeting point is round the corner from his house?:p:p:p
If i go to his he won't be.... If I just arrive myself he will be...
Tee Hee:D:D:D, he'll also probably kick my a$$ for putting this on but what the hey!!!

It might help people to find the meeting point if we say it's the GRANADA SERVICES just before Musselburgh....

p.s You know your my fave cousy and I luv ya! Just having a wee joke at your expense:):):):)

Wul
17th June 2005, 02:15 AM
Sorry Guys - on the final hurdle now - building IKEA wardrobes this weekend in advance of vistors the following weekend! Have a guid time though. I promise i'll make it to Arbroath though - honest! :I

<wul uncrosses fingers and toes ;)>

john
17th June 2005, 07:09 AM
I will be at the Doune hillclimb on saturday/sunday but staying in Edinburgh saturday night:)

Nenah may be in Edinburgh saturday daytime and if so she would like to meet up too;)

Crombers
17th June 2005, 05:55 PM
Apologies to one & all but I,m not going to make this Saturday unfortunately:(. Have been goaded into going to see REM in my back yard (Balloch). Very much a last minute thing & a bit gutted :disapprove: to be honest that I wont make this run (I just love MINI runs).
Have a good one folks & will see you all at Arbroath.

hyperflick
18th June 2005, 12:38 AM
Nenah.... If you can make it to our meeting point for 2.15pm
your more than welcome to join in, it'll be good to see ya since it's been a while...:D:D:D:D

Good luck John on the hill climb, sounds fun!!!:p:p:p:D:D:D

hyperflick
18th June 2005, 12:43 AM
Sorry forgot to ask...

Sh@z you still gonna join in:question: Not heard if you are or not....

Go on you know you wanna!!!:p:p:):):):D:D:D:D

sh@z
18th June 2005, 02:44 AM
i just read today that its on tomorrow ... damn! ill try and see if i can make it tomorrow, will post on the site later on today/tomorrow if i can, maybe i should pay more attention lol

hogg88
18th June 2005, 05:52 AM
Hi Malcolm, just back and your routing is fab :D no problems with directions and only got to wash car once on route, dodged about 20 sheep, 100 rabbits and god knows how many pheasants :D
Am so looking forward to getting topless tomorrow for this run ;):cool:

PS Malcom i have space for a passenger (photographer / navigater) if Keith still wants to go, but don't know if i'll make it to North Berwick before the run to pick him up.

weefossy
18th June 2005, 04:56 PM
Good to hear the reckie went ok, I will bring Keith to the start. See you later.

sh@z
18th June 2005, 07:55 PM
I should be attending this event ;) cya all in a few hours

hogg88
20th June 2005, 02:32 AM
A Big Thankyou :D to all who were involved in organising this run and BBQ(Hyperflick / Weefossy):D:cool::D.
A Fabulous Day / Night / Morning, ;)
It was great to see everyone who made it :D
Longest half mile walk back from the pub i've ever done hahaha :D
And honest the water won't come up to the windows :p:evil::p

I think the routing for my Original Khushi's run may be getting changed to finish at the Auld Hoose, North Berwick :D:D Sleeping bags at the ready ;):D;)

GAJ
20th June 2005, 04:30 AM
Seconded! Siobahn, you truly are the hostess with the mostest! A great wee run, got to make a big splash, that always makes my day. Good to see everyone again, it was a braw weekend!

hyperflick
20th June 2005, 09:41 PM
What a fantatstic day.....:D:D:D:D

Couldn't of asked for better weather altho i do look a bit daft with a one arm sun-tan!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Everyone who turned up, THANKYOU, even if it was just for part of the run <coffcoffD2youwoosecoffcoff>:p:p:p

Weefossy's what can I say...Thankyou for the fantastic route:D, the fabulous food:D, the entertaining pub (starting to feel like a local now) and the excellant accomodation....;););)

Looking forward to the next time and hope it's gonna be soon X