PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Big Gordy

Gismo
16th May 2005, 11:43 PM
Gordy, may have a bit of business for ya, some guy on mini 2 looking to buy a pepper white remote control MINI (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1680433#post1680433)

Big Gordy
17th May 2005, 12:51 AM
Better not tell the missus about this:eek:;)
Thanks for bringing it to my attention:I
That email was one of Ross ideas when the group build was on so I don't know if it still exists 8)
So its an International order:Dcoooooooooooool
Only problem is the pepper white:I Like he points out its a very light creamy kind of white so don't know if I can replicate it perfectly:( I could maybe back it with black I realy don't know:blackeye:
Plus it would cost a bomb compared to how much he would pay in the states for the same stuff:eek:
What do you guys think:question: It will make them less exclusive if I make them for everybody:disapprove: :p:D:approve:

Gismo
17th May 2005, 01:09 AM
Business is business big man, if you think you can make money at it and you don't think your wife would mind 8) then go for it, but, be pepared for loads of enquiries :evil:
My advice, don't sell them too cheap, or you'll end up with many orders and little profit

Mini Me
17th May 2005, 03:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Better not tell the missus about this:eek:;)
Thanks for bringing it to my attention:I
That email was one of Ross ideas when the group build was on so I don't know if it still exists 8)
So its an International order:Dcoooooooooooool
Only problem is the pepper white:I Like he points out its a very light creamy kind of white so don't know if I can replicate it perfectly:( I could maybe back it with black I realy don't know:blackeye:
Plus it would cost a bomb compared to how much he would pay in the states for the same stuff:eek:
What do you guys think:question: It will make them less exclusive if I make them for everybody:disapprove: :p:D:approve:

could i not get my bodyshop to mix you some :question::question:

Big Col
17th May 2005, 03:46 AM
It would melt the plastic wouldn't it?

Mini Me
17th May 2005, 04:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
It would melt the plastic wouldn't it?

:question::question: it works on the black trims on a mini,but Gorgy will soon tell me ;):I

The Dogfather
17th May 2005, 06:23 AM
The bodies are Polycarb, right?

If so the paint from BMW is water based, so they should be OK. Although I would test it on a off cut bit first.

Big Gordy
17th May 2005, 04:00 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm my original thought was it would melt the polycarb Col but bad dog may be right:eek: Seeing as its water based it may be OK. Like he says will have to test it on a spare bit first:D Wouldn't want it melting before it got to the states :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
17th May 2005, 09:17 PM
quote:but Gorgy will soon tell me

Oh look I've turned into a park:evil:;) :p:D:approve:

Big Gordy
17th May 2005, 09:18 PM
quote:but Gorgy will soon tell me
or maybe a road:evil:;) different spelling I know:I :p:D:approve:

euan
17th May 2005, 09:52 PM
ah, Gorgie, my old stomping ground :)