PDA

View Full Version : Speed Trap Dectectors

Scottie
16th May 2005, 11:04 PM
Just organised to get a micro pilot fitted to the cabrio

really good site and the guy knows his stuff

http://www.speed-trap-detectors.co.uk/

Mobile fitting service:D

Also really surprised what he had to say about devices that are only situated inside the vehicle shouldn't be afterall I was caught speeding.

Once fitted they offer you a service ;);) to show you that the system is working;);)

sh@z
16th May 2005, 11:29 PM
Nice, ive been considering one of these toys, and uncle is wanting a roadangel for his bmw, will pass this site onto him :)

But yeah, good to know they test it once its fitted lol

I Want A Works
17th May 2005, 12:51 AM
I got a ROAD ANGEL classic from Halfors one weekend when they were doing it for £250, and a years free subs!
Saved me £60 the day after I got it, so I'm much impressed:cool:. Only thing is I have had to program a couple of camera sight I know about in to it, but that ain't a major thing, if you know about them.

Scottie
17th May 2005, 12:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by I Want A Works

I got a ROAD ANGEL classic from Halfors one weekend when they were doing it for £250, and a years free subs!
Saved me £60 the day after I got it, so I'm much impressed:cool:. Only thing is I have had to program a couple of camera sight I know about in to it, but that ain't a major thing, if you know about them.

road angel are good for fixed cameras but no good for the wee white van and his laser.:disapprove: A96 and A9 like are full of them as no doubt you know don't trust the road angel 100%

Cable Guy
12th October 2005, 03:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

quote:Originally posted by I Want A Works

road angel are good for fixed cameras but no good for the wee white van and his laser.:disapprove: A96 and A9 like are full of them as no doubt you know don't trust the road angel 100%

Is there any good ones that pick up the little :mad:[insert word]:mad: in the white van??

euan
16th October 2005, 02:11 AM
You need the laser detection bit - I think road angel do one as a supplement, but I've heard that the laser ones will likely be made illegal soon, but the GPS ones will be ok.

The Dogfather
16th October 2005, 03:56 AM
If you are in Aberdeenshire and Morayshire you can find out where the mobile cameras are operating from this site
http://www.nescamp.co.uk/sites.htm

You can then add them to a Tom-Tom system as POIs and use the warn when near POI system. From what I've been told even with the best detector it might go off too late for you to slow down :(

sh@z
16th October 2005, 04:03 AM
yeah the radar detectors pick up the mobile cameras only when the signal gets bounced off another vehicle, ie the scatter, so if you are the first to go past it when they set up, no luck for u :(

duncan
16th October 2005, 04:15 AM
Got to love the hypocrisy when these "safety" camera vans park in some damn stupid, near dangerous places

The Dogfather
16th October 2005, 04:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Got to love the hypocrisy when these "safety" camera vans park in some damn stupid, near dangerous places

I've heard that the government has put a block on new fixed cameras as there is evidence that they have been increasing accident numbers. The mobile units in my mind cause real problems both with traffic flow and accidents.

euan
16th October 2005, 05:25 AM
Could be worse, I saw that in Oz the police have put them into wheelie bins!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200406/s1131149.htm

KINGHORN
19th October 2005, 04:24 AM
whats the one with the jammers

Craig
19th October 2005, 04:48 AM
quote:The mobile units in my mind cause real problems both with traffic flow and accidents.

I'm not sure I see the link between a van parked at the side of the road and that they cause real problems with traffic flow and accidents. :question::question:

care to elaborate?

duncan
19th October 2005, 05:14 AM
Yep, they park in some damn stupid places.
I've seen them bumped up on kerbs, with two wheels still on the road, meaning you've got to needlessly go over onto the other lane. Also, in one of the favourites in Dundee, on Greendykes Road, they park narrowing the lane, holding back the flow of traffic.
I've also seen the Mobile CCTV van in Dundee, parked on Double Yellow Lines. Double standards at work!

The Dogfather
19th October 2005, 05:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

quote:The mobile units in my mind cause real problems both with traffic flow and accidents.

I'm not sure I see the link between a van parked at the side of the road and that they cause real problems with traffic flow and accidents. :question::question:

care to elaborate?

On busy roads especially motorways people see the van and brake, even the ones doing the speed limit. The person behind brakes a bit harder than the person in front and there starts a chain reaction. By the end of the line of traffic the car at the back has to step on the brakes so hard that someone runs into the back of them!

I've lost count of the number of times I've had to brake because someone has seen a camera even though they are actually doing less than the speed limit.

I used to do a lot of miles on the M6 often there would be a back up of slow moving traffic, the cause a 'safety' camera van parked on a flyover.

Burple
19th October 2005, 07:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Yep, they park in some damn stupid places.
I've seen them bumped up on kerbs, with two wheels still on the road, meaning you've got to needlessly go over onto the other lane. Also, in one of the favourites in Dundee, on Greendykes Road, they park narrowing the lane, holding back the flow of traffic.
I've also seen the Mobile CCTV van in Dundee, parked on Double Yellow Lines. Double standards at work!

Then there's that infamous one where they parked on the white hatching of a slip road (actually BETWEEN the two joining roads) leading onto the M8 round Glasgow way... Did they not have to retract about 80 or so tickets that day, because they had parked the van illegally?

Scottie
23rd October 2005, 07:05 AM
or you get the fool like today on the A9 to perth in the fast lane in front of me he spots the van and foot on the brakes down to 55mph how stupid is that I mean the spead in 70mph.

Mind you I have the micro pilot with jammer oops I mean garage door openers front and rear twice recently it's jammed the wee white van and as I pass flick the switch to off and wave to the camera

I HATE THESE GUYS.:mad::mad: