PDA

View Full Version : Boyfriend trouble.....

minimadtez
16th May 2005, 02:28 AM
Dont you just HATE it when your boyfriend lives a 5 hour drive from you?!?!?! :(

I Want A Works
16th May 2005, 02:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by minimadtez
Dont you just HATE it when your boyfriend lives a 5 hour drive from you?!?!?! :(

Or your girl friend lives a 5 hour drive, 7 and a half hour flight, then another 90 min drive after you arrive in New York:question::question::(

I feel for you Tez

minidriver#1
16th May 2005, 03:47 AM
haha i can beat you both handsdown. its hard but worth it in the end.

I Want A Works
16th May 2005, 05:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

What is your's then KJ:question::question:

Mini Me
16th May 2005, 05:12 AM
God, you lucky people,i wish my wife was on another contanent :p

I Want A Works
16th May 2005, 05:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

If you want minime, I can help with:
1) A divorce lawyer after your goos lady reads that post
2) A dictionary so you can spell continent
lol :D

duncan
16th May 2005, 05:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by I Want A Works

If you want minime, I can help with:
1) A divorce lawyer after your goos lady reads that post
2) A dictionary so you can spell continent
lol :D

Better use the dictionary yourself :p;)

minidriver#1
16th May 2005, 06:20 AM

Jalandar City, India :D

I Want A Works
16th May 2005, 06:44 AM

Jalandar City, India :D

Give the man a banana! You win KJ mate! You beat me and Terri combined!

minimadtez
16th May 2005, 07:33 AM
:(it feels like my bf is that far away!!!
Point is...he aint here :(

minidriver#1
16th May 2005, 07:48 AM
how did you meet him?

minimadtez
16th May 2005, 07:52 AM

how did you meet him?

Hmmm, thats an amusing story really ;)
Any1 wanna help me here?.....

minidriver#1
16th May 2005, 08:26 AM
? lol.

Big Col
16th May 2005, 03:45 PM
Well my g/f stays 10 mins away. :approve::D

sleepyrascal
16th May 2005, 06:36 PM

how did you meet him?

Hmmm, thats an amusing story really ;)
Any1 wanna help me here?.....

Well that is a funny story!

Teri am I allowed to tell the full story with the rubber mask and industrial sized tub of lemon ice cream? Or just the edited version:question:

empi67
16th May 2005, 06:37 PM
India?? LIGHTWEIGHT...

Met my wife and dated when she lived in Shun De, China..

It does work though.. thank god for webcams ;)

minidriver#1
16th May 2005, 08:40 PM
^^ legendary :)

i just remembered i didnt reply to your text. lol. sorry man. i'll be in touch

sh@z
16th May 2005, 11:17 PM
webcams can only do so much though... :evil:

lol kidding, respect to those who are going through long distance stuff, gotta be tough going

I Want A Works
17th May 2005, 12:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal
Well that is a funny story!

Teri am I allowed to tell the full story with the rubber mask and industrial sized tub of lemon ice cream? Or just the edited version:question:

I thought the Ice Cream and the rubber mask was the edited version??? :clown:

Kosta
17th May 2005, 02:55 AM
It was raspberry ripple ice cream actually ;) lol

minimadtez
17th May 2005, 03:20 AM
Yeah sleepy go for it....nah better stick to the edited version.....:p

I Want A Works
17th May 2005, 04:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by Kosta

It was raspberry ripple ice cream actually ;) lol

I could at this point say something about Terri's love of raspberry ripples, but I am too much of a gentlman.

BTW Kosta, count yourself lucky! You've landed a good one there mate! :)

minimadtez
17th May 2005, 04:04 AM

BTW Kosta, count yourself lucky! You've landed a good one there mate! :)

OOOH! Kosta, we have been found out hun! :I

Kosta
17th May 2005, 04:06 AM
ah well , never mind eh!!

Terri - Its 4.5 hours btw ;) lol

davesminis
17th May 2005, 04:09 AM
I do the long distance thing. Its good but not so good for the wallet!! Thats why my car is as standard as it is!!

minimadtez
17th May 2005, 04:10 AM

You better not have been caught speeding! (again)!:D

Kosta
17th May 2005, 04:22 AM
Its ok when u get back to England... From Carlisle to Lancaster, there are no speed cameras, so, lets just say i put my foot down!

I Want A Works
17th May 2005, 04:22 AM

You better not have been caught speeding! (again)!:D

May I suggest investing in a Road Angel then! lol:):cool:

Kosta
17th May 2005, 04:38 AM
Seen them in Halfords! £400.... ill consider one if i get upto 6 points! lol.. the money could be better well spent e.g stella :D

I Want A Works
17th May 2005, 05:41 AM
I know this is off topic, so sorry Terri, but you can get the Classic for £300. I got it a weekend that they were doing them for £250!
IMHO I prefer the classic style to the new one, mainly cos if they outlaw the laser detector, you can still use the GPS based side of it as they are 2 seperate units, unlike the new one that is combined!

Now back to the topic, and where did you manage to find an industrial sozed tub of Raspberry Ripple at 3am on a Sunday morning an Aberdeen :question:?:question:?:D

Kosta
17th May 2005, 05:50 AM
At the end of the day graham... still beer money :D

I Want A Works
17th May 2005, 06:00 AM

At the end of the day graham... still beer money :D

Good point! and what is more inportant in life than a 6 pack of Stella.............

........24 BOTTLES OF STELLA!:cool:

The Dogfather
17th May 2005, 06:12 AM
I did Blackpool to Aberdeen in 3 hours 43 mins in very early hours of the morning! It only took me 2 hours to go from Blackpool to Hamilton nr Glasgow (200 miles).

This was in a hired Focus Zetec around the time of the fuel crisis (the roads were dead and police cars were off the road to save fuel for emergency calls....... :D

I Want A Works
17th May 2005, 06:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

I did Blackpool to Aberdeen in 3 hours 43 mins in very early hours of the morning! It only took me 2 hours to go from Blackpool to Hamilton nr Glasgow (200 miles).

This was in a hired Focus Zetec around the time of the fuel crisis (the roads were dead and police cars were off the road to save fuel for emergency calls....... :D

My 2 best runs are Glasgow airport to Portlethen on a Saturday morning in 2 hours 8 mins, all on Dual Carriageway, and my best run was Aberdeen to Thurso in 3 hours 6 mins, a distance of 209 miles, but only about 15 miles of Dual Carriageway, lots of hills, bends, towns and deer warnings!

Both of these were done in Granda (1.9DCi Diesel Ren Laguna estate). That may not be inpressive times, but is still 45 mins quicker than my mate has done Aberdeen/Thurso in a Mk 2 Golf GTi 16v:D

Kosta
17th May 2005, 06:31 AM

not bad, not bad! I reckon, if it wasnt for all the cameras up on the road towards aberdeen, id have been back to Morecambe (just north of blackpool) in about 4 hours!

Ive done Lancaster to Larkhall a couple of years ago in about 1hr 45 minutes! Have to watch out for the "scamera" van on the M74 these days though!

Scottie
17th May 2005, 07:15 AM
bit off topic again but my dad back in the 60's
was the chauffer for Miss Hutton (woolworths heiress) he drove a rolls royce silver shadow the one with the big swooped fenders anyway he dropped her off at Milano Airport in Italy she flew to Heathrow where my dad was waiting to pick her up. Folks that is a true story.:eek:

Kosta
17th May 2005, 07:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

was the chauffer for Miss Hutton (woolworths heiress) he drove a rolls royce silver shadow the one with the big swooped fenders anyway he dropped her off at Milano Airport in Italy she flew to Heathrow where my dad was waiting to pick her up. Folks that is a true story.:eek:

Sounds a bit like when Jeremy Clarkson was on Top Gear, and raced James May and Richard Hammond to Switzerland (I think?!).. JEzza was in the new Ferrari 612, and James and Richard were using Public Transport!

duncan
17th May 2005, 07:34 AM
Without being a killjoy, the speed limit is the law, and therefore you must accept the consequences of your own actions.

Scottie
17th May 2005, 07:35 AM

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Sounds a bit like when Jeremy Clarkson was on Top Gear, and raced James May and Richard Hammond to Switzerland (I think?!).. JEzza was in the new Ferrari 612, and James and Richard were using Public Transport!

on the flip side of that it has taken us 15 hours from Larbert down to St Ives Cornwall towing the caravan both sharing the towing done it non stop. :(

Scottie
17th May 2005, 07:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Without being a killjoy, the speed limit is the law, and therefore you must accept the consequences of your own actions.

don't think back in the 60's there was such a big issue about speed ;)

but I agree.:D

minimadtez
17th May 2005, 07:49 AM

No 1 is disagreeeing with that duncan.
But lets face it.....we would enjoy our minis more with no speed limits!

Yeah Kosta, i saw that one......was HILARIOUS! jeremy got there seconds before them! :D

duncan
17th May 2005, 08:01 AM

Disagree all you like.

quote:

Seeing as the MINI is at its best on twisty roads, top speed is not the most important factor, so i disagree with that.
There's more fun to be had at 60 on a twisty road than blasting the limit on a motorway.

minimadtez
17th May 2005, 08:04 AM

Disagree all you like.

quote:

Seeing as the MINI is at its best on twisty roads, top speed is not the most important factor, so i disagree with that.
There's more fun to be had at 60 on a twisty road than blasting the limit on a motorway.

Back roads are great fun.....but a blast is also good.....pipercross induction kit.....and playmini exhaust sound FANTASTIC! :D

duncan
17th May 2005, 08:11 AM
Well, off and have your fun, but remember, don't moan if you get stopped for speeding, or if the driver in front isn't as aware as they should be.

minimadtez
17th May 2005, 08:14 AM

Well, off and have your fun, but remember, don't moan if you get stopped for speeding, or if the driver in front isn't as aware as they should be.

CHILL OUT!!!!
No1 is complaining to you about being stopped......If i speed its my problem, if you stick to the limits thats up to you....each to their own!
Not gonna start a row about it!

The Dogfather
17th May 2005, 04:05 PM
Duncan

If I'd been caught speeding, or if I get caught speeding in the future then I take the punishment on the chin. The fact is I haven't been done in 8 years why? Because I pay so much attention to the road. If I was crusing along at 70mph chances are I would be in Robot mode and more likely to have an accident.

Question, whats more dangerous a MINI driver travelling at 90mph on dry roads, fully aware of what's going on around him/her or a 18 wheeler being driven by a neanderthal traveling a 60 mph in wet conditions who's been driving all week and is more interested in the radio or paper?

Big Col
17th May 2005, 04:19 PM
Duncan minimadtez said "No 1" meaning "No one". She wasn't disagreeing with you. She's was just using REALLY ANNOYING LAZY TEXT SPEAK WHEN SHE HAS A FRIKKIN KEYBOARD SO THERE'S NO NEED!!!!:evil:;):D

BDM, saying "Put a sock in it" is offensive as Duncan has been perfectly polite in his arguments and being abusive is a bit off.

Your "What's more dangerous" argument is irrelevant as that kind of comparison can go on all day. "Which is safer, A MINI doing 110 down a twisty back road on the ice or a guy in a motor bike doing 60 straight towards a wall." The argument serves no purpose. What the question should be is "What is more dangerous, a MINI driver travelling at 90mph on dry roads, fully aware of what's going on around him/her, or a MINI driver travelling at 70mph on dry roads, fully aware of what's going on around him/her". The person doing 70 is safer as they have more reation time, less braking distance etc etc. Any argument to the contrary is ridiculous as it simply aint true.

You can speed if you want. Go ahead and knock yourself out but it's still illegal, it's not as safe as driving slower no matter how you try and justify it and the speeds people had to do to achieve the journey times stated in this thread would be viwed by many people as reckless and dangerous. I've been done for speeding before so I'm not holier than thou and I've often moaned about speed limits myself but they are there for a reason and driving slower is safer. You can moan about them being out dated or you can say that they should change depending on the time of day or whatever but trying to argue that they're irrelevant from the point of view of safety is just pointless. At the end of the day the speed limits are there for the lowest common denominator in the driving gene pool, not the sensible aware driver.

Scottie
17th May 2005, 05:05 PM
quote:

I agree about speeding it shouldn't be done but I like going fast:D

can I just say that IMHO that doing 60 on a twisty road can be dangerous the reason is because you never know what is around the corner you could have a horse + rider people on their bikes someone walking etc etc. So it's more important to slow down on those twisty.

Then boot it on the motorway;):p:D and run the gaunlet with the police the A9 is great for that:D

duncan
17th May 2005, 06:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Duncan minimadtez said "No 1" meaning "No one". She wasn't disagreeing with you. She's was just using REALLY ANNOYING LAZY TEXT SPEAK WHEN SHE HAS A FRIKKIN KEYBOARD SO THERE'S NO NEED!!!!:evil:;):D

That explains a lot, and i wholeheartedly agree with the keyboard issue.

quote:
BDM, saying "Put a sock in it" is offensive as Duncan has been perfectly polite in his arguments and being abusive is a bit off.

Way off. This BDM is not the owner of the site, nor a moderator.
I've been perfectly reasonable in a discussion with someone else, yet get this from them. Sorry, but in my opinion, thats just plain rude.

quote:
Your "What's more dangerous" argument is irrelevant as that kind of comparison can go on all day. "Which is safer, A MINI doing 110 down a twisty back road on the ice or a guy in a motor bike doing 60 straight towards a wall." The argument serves no purpose. What the question should be is "What is more dangerous, a MINI driver travelling at 90mph on dry roads, fully aware of what's going on around him/her, or a MINI driver travelling at 70mph on dry roads, fully aware of what's going on around him/her". The person doing 70 is safer as they have more reation time, less braking distance etc etc. Any argument to the contrary is ridiculous as it simply aint true.

You can speed if you want. Go ahead and knock yourself out but it's still illegal, it's not as safe as driving slower no matter how you try and justify it and the speeds people had to do to achieve the journey times stated in this thread would be viwed by many people as reckless and dangerous. I've been done for speeding before so I'm not holier than thou and I've often moaned about speed limits myself but they are there for a reason and driving slower is safer. You can moan about them being out dated or you can say that they should change depending on the time of day or whatever but trying to argue that they're irrelevant from the point of view of safety is just pointless. At the end of the day the speed limits are there for the lowest common denominator in the driving gene pool, not the sensible aware driver.

Exactly the point i made earlier. The driver in front may not be as good a driver as you percieve you are.

Carry on the discussion, but i'll not be back to this thread.

Julz
17th May 2005, 06:34 PM
<peeks head round corner> hello, is it safe to come in??

Ok, firstly, I can see where Duncan thought Tez was saying no.1 instead of no-one, I actually had to read it twice!! These young folk eh, sheesh, I blame the parents!!;):D:p No-ONE at fault there, just a misunderstanding.

Secondly, yes, BDM you were being a bit abusive now go and stand in the corner with your back to the class:clown:

Thirdly, as a moderator on this site, I certainly do not condone or encourage speeding <ahem>;):D

The end (cause I can't count much higher!);):D

The Dogfather
17th May 2005, 06:38 PM
I pulled the comment the moment I posted it (sh1t happens), but for some reason it ended up as another post as you can see there's no edited on the post and the time is before Col's comments. Sorry Duncan didn't notice that the first post was still there.

Anyho the reason for my comments re HGV is that speed isn't the demon it's made out to be, the real reason for accident is drivers who exceed their or their cars limits and drivers who don't pay attention to the roads/conditions. However as the Police forces don't have the time/resources/technologies to tackle the real route cause of accidents i.e. numpties they choose to enforce speed limits.

Duncan - Perhaps you should lecture people if you're so sensitive!To quote the hives 'would you like a bit of lemon and lime with that piece of advice mister!

Big Col
17th May 2005, 06:43 PM
Duncan - Perhaps you shouldn't lecture people if you're so sensitive!To quote the hives 'would you like a bit of lemon and lime with that piece of advice mister!

You just can't help youself can you?

Wul
17th May 2005, 06:44 PM
Hey guys - take a wee look at this from a different skew - you have publicly admitted to breaking the law - whether enforcable or not i'd think twice about doing such things on here.

Oh and BDM - think your "submit reply" button has stuck - 4 posts! :clown:

Scottie
17th May 2005, 06:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Hey guys - take a wee look at this from a different skew - you have publicly admitted to breaking the law - whether enforcable or not i'd think twice about doing such things on here.

Oh and BDM - think your "submit reply" button has stuck - 4 posts! :clown:

me i'm invinceableeeeeeeee;):p what James Bond movie was that quote from canae think. He got blown up at the end the guy that said it.;):D

edited to agree with Wul but my posts were made by my alter ego twin.:)

Big Col
17th May 2005, 06:53 PM
It was from Goldeneye SC. :)

Scottie
17th May 2005, 06:59 PM
It was from Goldeneye SC. :)

Julz
17th May 2005, 07:00 PM
Oi, BDM, back in that corner!:evil:

I was quite happy with your first post, but then the wee comment on the end of your 2nd, 3rd and 4th one was a bit unnecessary. Now stay in that corner until I say you can move!:clown::) (although it is a good tune!;))

Burple
17th May 2005, 07:07 PM

Duncan minimadtez said "No 1" meaning "No one".... <snippity snippity snip>

<snippity snippity snip>....not the sensible aware driver.

I regret to inform everyone on here that once again (that must be at least twice now ;);)) I agree totally with everything the big man says! :D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p

Julz
17th May 2005, 07:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
I regret to inform everyone on here that once again (that must be at least twice now ;);)) I agree totally with everything the big man says! :D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p

I think a wee lie down might be in order!;):p:D

Big Col
17th May 2005, 07:35 PM
It can be anything else but a wee lie down. Awwww lookit da wickle fella sweeping! :D

sleepyrascal
17th May 2005, 08:14 PM
Something I always think about when this topic crops up....

I have not had many near misses whilst driving.. fortunately. But the ones I have had have always been when I have been driving at the speed limit and not doing anything illegal. I find that when I sit at a constant 60 (especially on the a96 when your stuck behind other cars) my mind wonders onto other things and i start to feel really tired. However this never may not happens happen when i'm if i was pegging it up the road, most likely because you (would) have to concentrate 100%.

The problem arises when it comes to other drivers who become intimidated by your speed and always end up doing something daft. This happens on the mini runs so often! (i would imagine)

Big Col
17th May 2005, 08:33 PM
So you're saying they should put the speed limit up to make people concentrate more???

minidriver#1
17th May 2005, 08:40 PM

CHILL OUT!!!!
No1 is complaining to you about being stopped......If i speed its my problem, if you stick to the limits thats up to you....each to their own!
Not gonna start a row about it!

Thats a typical response from a 17 yo. 'if i speed its my problem'. Kill a member of my family and you're damn sure it'll be your problem. Are we really going to have to go back to school on this one?

Julz
17th May 2005, 08:56 PM
Now now kiddies! This is a touchy subject (obviously!!) but ever so slightly off topic now (and yes Big C, I know it's the OT section!). This arguement will go on for ever other wise! Ok, so there are a few people on here who speed (and quite a few with points on their licence so they shouldn't be getting all righteous!). It's up to the individual! It's against the law fair and square, if you get caught, it's your tough cheese, if you kill someone through your actions, you have to live with that for the rest of your life. End of.:clown::)

Now, so Tez, your boyfriend lives far far away eh!!

sh@z
17th May 2005, 09:06 PM
I know this is the off topic forum, but this has gone wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off topic hasnt it :blackeye::cool::eek:

I Want A Works
18th May 2005, 01:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

I know this is the off topic forum, but this has gone wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off topic hasnt it :blackeye::cool::eek:

I was thinking the same thing sh@z,

So Terri and Kosta, how's things going????? :D

minimadtez
18th May 2005, 02:11 AM
1. This has gone WAYYYY off topic!
2. I am 20 not 17, and if i choose to speed then i choose to speed, i drive sensibly when i have passengers.....and no im NOT saying that is ok, it is WRONG to speed but i do.......deal with it!
All the people who have argued can feel happy in the knowledge that they are sticking to the speed limits....ill deal with the fact im not!

I have PMed duncan to apologise for the misunderstanding which i didnt realise until it was pointed out. However the whole thing has got completely out of hand and rediculous! The driver of each car (MINI or not!) chooses how heavy to be on their right foot! Personally my pedal is rarely off the floor, again, thats MY problem.....enough of the arguing......

*SIGHS* :approve:

ANYWAY!!! BACK ON TOPIC!....Things are going great thanks Graham :D
Had a great weekend with Kosta and cant wait to see him on Sunday :D:D

sh@z
18th May 2005, 02:27 AM
Good to hear things are back on topic, and congrats to tez and kosta :) making the long(ish) distance work, aint got nothing on some of the other guys on here but hey :p lol

minimadtez
18th May 2005, 02:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

Good to hear things are back on topic, and congrats to tez and kosta :) making the long(ish) distance work, aint got nothing on some of the other guys on here but hey :p lol

thanks Sh@z :D

sh@z
18th May 2005, 06:06 AM
no problem at all :)

Kosta
18th May 2005, 07:28 AM
Thanks everyone!

sh@z
18th May 2005, 08:03 AM
wasn't talking to you pal................!

lol only kidding :cool:

sleepyrascal
19th May 2005, 12:51 AM
So you're saying they should put the speed limit up to make people concentrate more???

Eh... when did I say that big Col?? I said I concentrate more. I didn't say everyone would, and I didnt mention raising the speed limit.

Sorry for being off topic again but I had to deal with Big Col putting words in my mouth :mad: .. :D

Now back on topic .. :cool:

Big Col
19th May 2005, 03:46 AM
Actually mate I wasn't putting words in your mouth. I was confused by your post hence the "???". :)

Mini Me
19th May 2005, 04:04 AM

Anyway, where did you say your boyfriend was :question::question:;)
<bd,away and play tig wi the cars on the motorway till you calm down>;);) Chill my little forum beater ;):D
I could send you ma wife and wains, that would really upset you :evil::evil:

minimadtez
19th May 2005, 04:11 AM
Anyway, where did you say your boyfriend was :question::question:;)

Kosta is my boyfriend :D
I live in Aberdeen, he lives in Morecambe :(

But its worth it, hes great :D

sleepyrascal
19th May 2005, 04:17 AM
Actually mate I wasn't putting words in your mouth. I was confused by your post hence the "???". :)

.... apologies for the confusion! :)

Mini Me
19th May 2005, 04:18 AM
Huggs and kisses all round<group hug>:p