PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy

evelyn
15th May 2005, 08:48 AM
Hi folks, stumbled upon your fantastic site tonight.:D And was wondering if any one could give me advice.
I an looking to buy a MINI,but don't like visiting showrooms(bad experience)

Are there any recomended or prefered MINI Dealers who wont rip me off..i do want one :D:D

The Dogfather
15th May 2005, 09:00 AM
Well you could try Menzies in Stirling,we have a resident sales monkey from there on the site, minime!

I'm sure he'll be along soon. He can smell a sales at 200 yards ;)

Welcome to NMS BTW, what MINI are you looking at?

evelyn
15th May 2005, 09:10 AM
Cooper,chili red. I have spoken o a man from menzies,Iain i think.to be fair from all the dealers i have spoken to,he was the most helpful and patient....very nice man.
Thats if the same person,is minime iain ?

The Dogfather
15th May 2005, 09:22 AM
helpful, patient? doesn't sound like minime ;)

he's a good guy really, gives out a lot of advice and that's why most people on here would recommend Menzies. I bought my car from john clarks Aberdeen, but I will be visiting Iain when it comes to change......

Gismo
15th May 2005, 04:00 PM
Welcome to the site, if you're looking for a no hassle visit to a dealer, then as already mentioned, go to see Iain at Menzies in Stirling
Once you've made up your mind he will do everything possible to get you the car you want :)
Good luck :cool:

Smurf
16th May 2005, 12:10 AM
I too would recommend Iain at Menzies (minime). I bought my first MINI from a dealer in Glasgow - sales chappies were good, but no deals done. Service side was, in my opinion, not up to scratch at all.

However, Iain is great, will do his level best to get you a good deal. I bought my second MINI from him! :cool: I can't comment on the service side of Menzies yet, but if they are anything like the sales side, I'll have no complaints.

Happy shopping! :D

davesminis
16th May 2005, 01:06 AM
Evelyn, the dealer alredy reccomended is probably your nearest. The only other ones I could recomend is Grassicks in perth who are excellent. You could also try morrisons (Kirkclady) who are very helpful, although if you want to trade in steer clear of them.
Welcome to the site, Keep us posted on how you get on and if Iain can sort you out with what you are after.

Dave

Mini Me
16th May 2005, 02:49 AM
Hi Evelyn, i remember out conversation, my super powers were useless against you,as we ended the conversation without you parting with a deposit.:disapprove::eek:
Give me a call, i will get you a new mowta asap,new or used.......Resistance is Futile.:evil::evil::D:D

Plus we are bestedest dealer....:approve:;)

The Dogfather
16th May 2005, 03:12 AM
Minime highly rated by NMS members :eek:, he's still butt ugly and balding though :p

Julz
16th May 2005, 04:17 PM
If Iain isn't any help, you could always buy my car!!:D:p

Big Col
16th May 2005, 04:35 PM
Jeez BD can you not try and avoid being insulting for just ONE post? ;)

Go see Iain Evelyn. He's a very nice helpful chap. You might even get a pen out of him. ;)

It's worth noting that the lil blonde chick Clare at Menzies is a very helpful lil thing too. :)

Crombers
16th May 2005, 09:14 PM
Welcome to NMS Evelyn , hope you find the mowta your looking for. Nice chap is our Iain & as he's your local dealer (as well as being NMS friendly) no need to look any further me thinks :approve:

The Dogfather
17th May 2005, 03:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Jeez BD can you not try and avoid being insulting for just ONE post? ;)

Pot! Kettle :p;)

Evelyn, there's very few dealers people would recommend usually because with most of them you have to count your fingers once you shake hands on the deal. Iain does seem to be an exception.

MartinSullivan
17th May 2005, 03:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

[quote]Originally posted by Big Col
Evelyn, there's very few dealers people would recommend usually because with most of them you have to count your fingers once you shake hands on the deal. Iain does seem to be an exception.

Although sometimes he needs help counting his own :D Seriously though Evelyn Iain is the man to speak to

evelyn
19th May 2005, 05:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Minime highly rated by NMS members :eek:, he's still butt ugly and balding though :p

How wrong you are Bad Dog,after day's off phoning other dealers to see who had what,only 1 even phoned me back,and it was Iain.
I was very surprised at the lack off interest from everyone else,it was if they just didn't want to sell me a car.
When i went to visit Iain,i came away delighted with the service(wasn't like any other dealer i have ver been in),and the car i ordered was even cheaper than i thought as he took the time to listen to what i wanted the car for,and i didn't put lot's of spec that i didn't require :D:D
This really is the first time i have purchased a new car has actually been a pleasure.......many thanks everyone(inc Iain):D:D

Minime is the man right enough(quite good looking also Bad Dog, i hasten to add).

davesminis
19th May 2005, 08:27 AM
Glad your sorted out with a new motor. Look forward to seeing it on a run

Crombers
19th May 2005, 09:17 PM
Good one Evelyn :approve: , what MINI did you go for , what little goodies did you add on & when you getting the car ?

Big Gordy
19th May 2005, 09:45 PM
quote:Minime is the man right enough(quite good looking also Bad Dog, i hasten to add).
:eek:Quick someone give her the address of 'SPECSAVERS';) :p:D:approve:

Big Col
19th May 2005, 09:47 PM
Jaysus Iain what did you do to her? ;)

Mini Me
19th May 2005, 10:16 PM

Col,Col, you know when you come to menzies it's an altogether different and laidback approach(coughswhatcrap);)

Can i help it if we are the best :eek::blackeye::p:evil:
plus ,i do a good demo....:evil:;)

Clare1
22nd May 2005, 12:09 AM

Lets face it Col,our minime is the best ;):D

Mini Me
13th June 2005, 04:28 AM

The lengths i will go to ,to get a deal ;):D:p