PDA

View Full Version : Dastek stage one upgrade complete.

AndyP & Lenore
14th May 2005, 04:58 AM
Just back from Dastek in Dalgetty Bay where we had our MINI upgraded to their "Stage One - 200BHP" package.:D

On Wednesday we got a JCW Air Filter fitted by Menzies MINI in Stirling.:D

The actual performance chart we got from Dastek shows an increase in maximum BHP to 205:D:D:D, although the stage one only guarantees 200.

Included in the stage one is a 15% reduced supercharger pulley and ECU remap through their proprietary Unichip piggyback system.

The roads were chocker-block on the way back so it was really difficult to get a true feeling for the modified car:disapprove:, but we did notice once we hit 5000 the car absolutely takes off:D:):D. If it had wings, we'd have flown home!:approve::approve:

KINGHORN
14th May 2005, 06:11 AM
mmm sounds good, cant wait to get mine in to get some work done,

dont really want the 15% reduction pully was thinking more on the 19% mmmmm more power

let us know how you get on with the new mods,

JohnO
14th May 2005, 11:04 AM
Nice one Andy :)

AndyP & Lenore
14th May 2005, 11:16 PM
Cheers guys!:D:D:D

Can't wait to let rip (its a shame we are working all weekend:()

Mini Me
15th May 2005, 02:51 AM
i'm sure your mowta should come back for a road test,just to be safe...:p

AndyP & Lenore
15th May 2005, 03:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

i'm sure your mowta should come back for a road test,just to be safe...:p

Maybe sometime soon.:D

AndyP & Lenore
16th May 2005, 06:20 AM
Update: Just been out for a quick blast, and all we can say is the upgrade and JCW filter was worth every penny!:D:D

Cooper_si
22nd May 2005, 06:42 PM
i notice you say "once we hit 5000 the car absolutely takes off"...the 15% supercharger pulley should bring the torque down the rev range

AndyP & Lenore
22nd May 2005, 10:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cooper_si

i notice you say "once we hit 5000 the car absolutely takes off"...the 15% supercharger pulley should bring the torque down the rev range

You're absolutely right. And you can feel the increased torque from much earlier than pre-mod. What we are feeling at around the 5000 rev mark is the effect of the JCW air filter extra flappy thingy opening.:D:D You can tell I'm technically minded can't you:question::D