PDA

View Full Version : Dealers mark up

euan
11th May 2005, 10:20 PM
OK, is it right that my old mini is now for sale at the dealers for a not a lot less than I paid for it new?

They have my July 03 S on at 15K!

Frightening.

I should add, the thieving gits didn't me 15K for it....

RichardV
11th May 2005, 10:26 PM
I recently traded in my 53 MINI One - Dunedin Selkirk gave me £9,500 for it and its now on sale at £10,500 so I didnt think it was that bad, also it had kerbed alloy and needed a replacement windscreen so quite happy with what I got.......

I bought the car for £10,500 last August and spent maybe £600 on bits and pieces for it

Got a good deal on the new car too. Doenst sound like you're too happy though but not sure theres much can be done if you've closed the deal im sorry to say:disapprove:

I dont know if its worth complaining to the garage, my experience shows that the dealer gave a good deal and arent going to profit greatly over it so I would expect all MINI dealers to be doing the same

euan
11th May 2005, 10:36 PM
To be honest, I got really good deal on the new car, and I know that's why the trade in value wasn't that great. The car did need some alloy refurb and stuff, and everyone needs to make a profit, blah blah blah. Still, shock to the system when you see it.

I'm not that unhappy -I suspected they would put it on for that as they have 3 others at the same age at that price. Mine looks the best though :)

RichardV
12th May 2005, 12:35 AM
In that case you've probably done ok, someone told me before that you should always try to sell privately because you could make a bit more but the trade in was much easier and like you I ended up with a much better car so happy on all counts!:)