PDA

View Full Version : Twilght Run - 18/6 - Cancelled!

The Dogfather
11th May 2005, 07:19 PM
Not enough interest in this so time to bin the idea!

Two new routes both starting @ roughly 2am from Inverness and about 250 miles in length.

Route 1 - Northern Trek!

Inverness - Helmsdale - Tongue - Durness - Ullapool.

Route 2 - Wester Ross and Skye

Inverness - Gairloch - Torridon - Applecross - Kyle - Portree.

Please confirm that you are coming and which route you'd prefer!!!!

Scottie
11th May 2005, 07:29 PM
well I'll vote second route but 2am:eek::eek: will confirm closer to the time.

The Dogfather
11th May 2005, 07:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

well I'll vote second route but 2am:eek::eek: will confirm closer to the time.

Yes, the previous run was going to be 6pm to 7am, this one will be 2am to 7am.

Julz
11th May 2005, 08:23 PM
Second one for us please! Is it normal to check in to a hotel at 7am for a sleep!!:sleepy::p

seany
11th May 2005, 11:01 PM
no

Duncan Stewart
12th May 2005, 10:35 PM
Make your mind up Paul :eek::p;)
not sure about ending up in Portree at 7am on a Sunday morning after a 5 hour middle of the night drive (is anything open then?) then long drive back without any sleep.

The Dogfather
13th May 2005, 02:35 AM
Duncan - The original route was going to be a problem with fill ups for the S Drivers.

I reworked the original route to suit the shorter range and came up with the Applecross Route as an alternative to possibly drum up more interest, still had to work out the finer details. The alternative finish point could have been Kyle.

However, unless we get some more takers I'll cancel the run as I can use the money to build my Car PC.

Sheilz
18th May 2005, 05:54 PM
I've got my hols planned to include this weekend so will definitely be there and I also prefer the second route.

Gismo
18th May 2005, 07:13 PM
Paul,
Is this the new run thread?? if so i'll unsticky the original and sticky this one :)

The Dogfather
18th May 2005, 07:36 PM
Alan - Please!

Still not a lot of interest in this run though! Perhaps route 2 could become a new run in August/September.

Julz
23rd May 2005, 04:11 PM
Ah bums!! We were looking forward to this too!:(:( Sorry you've had to cancel PSP!:clown::sleepy:

The Dogfather
23rd May 2005, 04:17 PM
Me to! Just not enough people wanting to do it.....

Duncan Stewart
23rd May 2005, 09:38 PM
Sorry to hear that Paul :(
Hope you will use your routes for daylight runs later in the year, they all looked great :D