PDA

View Full Version : 3 was not a crowd!!

davesminis
11th May 2005, 07:30 AM
Thought I would share something with you all that happened to me tonight. I wentto the UGC Cinema in Dundee, parked my Pepper white (away from all other cars, as usual) and when I returned I was accompanied by a yellow mini on one side and a red one on the other. Both minis looked great, one had mini club and mini clan stickers. I wish I had had my camera with me! This is the first time something like this has happened to me in the new Mini.

Just wondered if eiher car belongs to anyone from NMS?

Dave

minidriver#1
11th May 2005, 08:30 AM
lol. i saw these cars tonight, i didnt have my mini with me though :) I was at the movies too and came out to see these two side by side with a space in between.

Smurf
11th May 2005, 03:21 PM
This happens to me a fair bit! I park well away from all the door-banging, bumper-scraping, useless-driving nutters out there, and very often come back to find I'm surrounded by other Mini's!! :D It happened tonight at Tesco - came back to find a red and a purple Mini not too far away.

If I can't get a space on my own, I'll very often park next to another Mini, as I feel they'd be more careful not to damage my wee baby!

Big Col
11th May 2005, 04:02 PM
This happens to me all the time too! I mean I parked in the cap park at Braehead MILES away from anybody and then Smurf parks next to me. ;)

The Dogfather
11th May 2005, 04:13 PM
Perhaps supermarkets should have special MINI parking spaces, not as long but wider.....

Monsta Mo Mini
11th May 2005, 04:49 PM
First time I ever went away in my MINI (Apr 2002) was with my mate who also had a BRG cooper. Parked at Nevis Range went up the cable car - came back to find we had another two friends alongside. The same thing then happened in Oban the following day! Happened many times after that - very sociable cars MINIs! :D

Julz
11th May 2005, 05:01 PM
BDM, I shall see if your proposals will be accpeted at the Overgate 2 meeting today as I'm designing the car park!! Marks & Spencers are getting their own spaces, so why not minis!?;)

I always try and park next to minis, saves walking to far to flyer them!!:D:p

Heather
11th May 2005, 07:35 PM
A certain mini owning moderator laughs at me when I try to park next to another mini!;)

MartinSullivan
11th May 2005, 07:49 PM
I tend to park near other minis - for two reasons , one they tend to be more careful with their doors and not ding mine and secondly - like Julz its less distance to walk to stick a flyer on them :D

phantom
12th May 2005, 02:13 AM
Hoorah! the red one was me, I saw yours and made a point of parking next to you :D:D

davesminis
12th May 2005, 07:10 AM
Phantom, car was looking sweet!! Notice your a "sponser from the neuk" Is that the east neuk of fife??

Dave

phantom
12th May 2005, 07:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by davesminis

Phantom, car was looking sweet!! Notice your a "sponser from the neuk" Is that the east neuk of fife??

Dave

Hi Dave yes, I used to live there, and still like my title. thanks for complimenting me car your was good too.:cool: