PDA

View Full Version : SPONSOR'S required (please)

john
10th May 2005, 09:20 PM
As most of you will know I have done a couple of rounds of the Scottish Mini Cooper Challenge,and I am doing the next round too but it costs a fortune and therefore I need sponsorship.

The next round is to be televised as its the F3/GT weekend so its high profile!!
So if anyone can help or knows of some companies that I could approach I would love to hear from you:)

The car is silver with a black roof and has loads of space for advertising;)

Gismo
10th May 2005, 09:39 PM
Let me be the first to offer £50 :) good luck, no space required

john
10th May 2005, 09:43 PM
Thankyou very much Alan:)although I actually meant if for companies with too much money as apposed to private individuals.

Thankyou very very much:)

Gismo
10th May 2005, 10:14 PM
Every little helps, besides, it is from my company, i'm just not as rich as some of the other ones ;)

Julz
10th May 2005, 10:47 PM
We'll donate £50 and I'm asking around to see who wants a sticker on your silver and black (sounding familiar!!) mini!;)

MartinSullivan
10th May 2005, 10:51 PM
I'll easy donate £50 as well, every little helps (and we need to keep you racing, keeps the roads quieter for us lot :D)

Heather
10th May 2005, 11:17 PM
How about approaching Meguiars? They were very good at giving us lots of stuff for the Thistle Run.:question:

KINGHORN
11th May 2005, 12:32 AM
il have a spear at my dad for ya

I Want A Works
11th May 2005, 01:40 AM
I'm interested in sponsoring you! Let us know how much you want for an A3 Landscape sized piece of your car, or infact how much you'll charge for anything!

What is the next round getting televised on? Sky or normal free TV?

Cheers

john
12th May 2005, 04:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by I Want A Works

I'm interested in sponsoring you! Let us know how much you want for an A3 Landscape sized piece of your car, or infact how much you'll charge for anything!

What is the next round getting televised on? Sky or normal free TV?

Cheers

I have no Idea how much sponsers normally pay butevery little helps.

I pickedup the car yesterday its looking great.

Big thanks to everyone for the support:)

Julz
12th May 2005, 07:12 PM
Have you posted on mini2 as well?

I'm going to have a word with my boss, and he's based in our Aberdeen office, so if he says no you can go round and twonk him on the heid!!:p:);)

KINGHORN
13th May 2005, 02:33 AM
SORRY JOHN MY dad aint up for it he is sponcering a 911 gt3 this year

Kosta
14th May 2005, 12:09 AM
John.. a lot of sponsors might not just give you straight cash. How about approaching a company to pay for your entry fees, or pay for tyres etc? Every little helps!

Julz
14th May 2005, 05:55 AM
Waiting on a response from Pace Ward insurance group for you, fingers crossed!:)

POAH
17th May 2005, 04:34 AM
I seen some of the cooper cars on sunday racing. did not get good pics of them though :(

going on sunday though hopefully not be as bright

seany
17th May 2005, 04:44 AM
any photo's john

Nenah
20th May 2005, 11:06 PM
eeerrhhhrrrmmm...John, I see you forgot to mention your major sponsor to date, Hamilton Rose - Conference & Event Management!! :evil:

Just as well youve put the HR stickers on both doors in time for this race!! :D:D

The Dogfather
21st May 2005, 03:11 AM
John, I've been asking round but nothing to date. Still trying though........

john
23rd May 2005, 04:49 PM
A huge thankyou to
Nenah (HamiltonRose)
Alan (Milifund)
DickFleming (DickFleming Communications)
Dave McLennen (Ross-shire Engineering)
Raymond (Sunnyhill Motors)
and to everyone who has been encouraging me :DI loved every minute of it.

I had a poor qualifying sesion do to lack of experience,I knew I could go quicker but by the time I realised that I should drop back to get a clear track it was all over:blackeye: so I was 12th on the grid out of 15 in a very very wet session.

I made a good start in the race and made up a place into Duffus Dip only to loose it again when someone spun in front of me but kept it all together and finished 7th overall with 12 finishers and 3 in the dubs:)

Mini Martyn
23rd May 2005, 06:04 PM
Well done yesterday John, you looked like you were enjoying every minute of the race, cant wait for the next round at knockhill, might come up to Aberdeen and annoy you the night before!!??

Hope that you managed to get the landy back safely!!?? ;):D

Looking like a panda today though!?? :clown:

Kosta
24th May 2005, 01:12 AM
Was a good race John, 7th isnt bad for first time out, in sh*tty weather in a car youve never raced before! Onwards and upwards as they say!

redpoint rallying
24th May 2005, 06:01 AM
John,

Well done, good to see another mini in motorsport! Keep it up!

Cheers!