PDA

View Full Version : Twilght Run - Who's still interested? New Route?

The Dogfather
10th May 2005, 04:55 AM
I'm still planning for this but before I spend £70 on fuel on redoing the reccie I wanted to check if people were still interested.

Also, I wanted to check whether a change of route would be better(mainly due to difficulties getting Optimax up north). The alternative being a East to West Coast Run say Aberdeen, Lecht, Grantown-on-Spey, Nairn, Inverness (Fill up), Achnasheen, Gairloch, Applecross. Then a run down to Fort William/Glencoe for breakfast

Please let me know if you're still interested and whether you prefer the original Wick/Durness or alternative route. Ta.

The Original list.......

1. BDM - Confirmed
2. Martin S - Prob No
3. Sean and Una
4. Duncan Stewart - Confirmed, Northern Route
5. Sheilz
6. Julz (mibee) - Prefer Applecross Route
7. Crombers
9. Eggy
10. Nenah
12 a. Fiona MINI - Confirmed
14 Fiona 4x4
15. DNV122?
16. Kinghorn - Confirmed

I Want A Works
10th May 2005, 05:40 AM
Prob a better route, not a good idea shed loads of mini's running out of gogo juice in the middle of no where! Mind u Fiona could tow a tanker with her VW and fill you all up on the move!

Just a though to add to the route, if you aint too tired. Ullapool back to Inverness, then down the A9 to Doune for the Hillclimb, that also has the Mini Cooper Cup there aswell!!!!!

Julz
10th May 2005, 04:04 PM
I'll confirm my mibeeness for this!!;) (that is if you're still open to non-minis! Might even have a new Porsche by then!:D:D)

MartinSullivan
10th May 2005, 04:27 PM
Not sure I am going to make this - currently planning means I will be in Kuwait on the day of this run. If I am not then I'll be there :D

KINGHORN
10th May 2005, 04:58 PM
im still up for it if im at home

Duncan Stewart
11th May 2005, 04:20 AM
Definitely still on for this. Prefer the far north route. Surely one/two tanks of normal petrol won't put off folks who prefer optimax off?

Scottie
11th May 2005, 04:44 AM
I'll put normal petrol in:D mind you could tow a bowser nehind the touareg :cool::p

I Want A Works
11th May 2005, 05:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Definitely still on for this. Prefer the far north route. Surely one/two tanks of normal petrol won't put off folks who prefer optimax off?

Well there is a Shell garage in WICK that is open till 2300 on a Saturday

Julz
11th May 2005, 04:14 PM
Rob says pretty please can we go via Applecross, he's always wanted to drive that bit of road since he was really ickle (and yes, I know, he still is ickle!!:sleepy:) and is it ok if we come in his car?:cool:

The Dogfather
11th May 2005, 04:21 PM
Yes it's OK to bring the sports beetle ;)

Julz
11th May 2005, 04:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Yes it's OK to bring the sports beetle ;)

:p:D

Sheilz
18th May 2005, 06:01 PM
BDM I've confirmed on another thread - I think. Would also prefer the Wester Ross run. Lived at Loch Maree (across the loch from the road) which lies between Achnasheen and Gairloch. The scenery is fabulous.