PDA

View Full Version : induction kit

yiponwah
26th July 2003, 08:58 PM
To all the cooper s drivers, have any of you have got an induction on ur mcs and which is the best kit to have on. Does it gives a gd deep sound from the kit.

From Dave

Julz
27th July 2003, 05:15 PM
I've got the Piper-X, which makes a nice sukey sound when you accelerate!!:D John is the man to see about toys for your mini!!;)

yiponwah
27th July 2003, 05:26 PM
cheers for the help. can i ask you who is john? and where can I contact him for imformation?

Gismo
27th July 2003, 06:48 PM
John can be found by e-mailing him here:-
peregrine@dsl.pipex.com

Bonnie Scotland

euan
28th July 2003, 06:38 PM
Julz, does it really make that much difference? Is it all noise and no power? And how much did it affect your insurance? I'm enjoying the S so far (really, really, hate the running in period), but I know I'll want to add toys and without the cash(or the running in again) for a Works kit, it seems like a nice addition.

Wul
28th July 2003, 07:44 PM
Don't forget these forums are read by your dealers folks!

Julz
29th July 2003, 04:06 PM
The kit gives you that wee bit extra oomph and my insurance went up £4.28! As for the works, it's all a matter of opinion, but I'm getting the hartge fitted late August/early september!!:D:D:clown:

Mr P
30th July 2003, 08:40 PM
Theres a report in this weeks Auto Express on the BBR Conversion kit.
Apparently it gives 220 bhp & costs £1,522 for the phase one kit.

Also a few spy shots of the Mini Open 'S' !!!:p

Mr P
5th August 2003, 12:37 AM
Anyone (John?) got anything to add here?
Im looking for an induction kit for my Cooper and would like some feedback. Was thinking about the Viper kit but are there other kits that are better , easier to fit etc.... ?????
Just so fed up with the low rev lag:dead: and cant seem to justify an S right now so this would seem a good starting point to fill the void:p

Ta muchly

George.

Monsta Mo Mini
5th August 2003, 08:37 PM
*** tried a Viper kit but I think you really need to fix up a proper cold air feed for it to work to full effect. It's also more than double the cost of more conventional cone filters. The standard PX or K &N filters only take 5 miniutes to fit. You'll only notice a difference in performance when the car is "shifting". It encourages you to keep the engine on the edge due to the beautiful engine noise you get so no delay on the accelaration front.

Please be aware that these forums are monitored by MINI Customer services so take care when discussing engine mods. Obviously, I was driving someone elses car ...[;0]:cool:

seany
5th August 2003, 08:44 PM
i have ordered a K&N filter, should get it soon

Julz
5th August 2003, 08:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mr P

Theres a report in this weeks Auto Express on the BBR Conversion kit.

This is true, as BabyB was booked in for the Hartge conversion but may now be travelling down south for the BBR instead!!:D

Julz
5th August 2003, 09:30 PM
Yep, 5th September, BabyB and Herbie will be travelling in convoy and taking over the BBR workshop for the day!!:D:D:D:D

yiponwah
6th August 2003, 02:04 AM
I was told by my frd that GruppeM are making an induction kit for the mini which well be out soon. This company makes qulaity induction kits all from Carbon Fibre.

Mr P
6th August 2003, 07:29 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Julz

Yep, 5th September, BabyB and Herbie will be travelling in convoy and taking over the BBR workshop for the day!!:D:D:D:D

Great news Julz ,thats going to be one seriously fast car!! Im off to New York for a few days on the 5th:cool:
After all the holiday expense over the last few months im going to throw some cash at my Mini, starting with the induction kit!
Had my dustcaps nicked again so ordered some spincaps from the USA and must say im very impressed. Ordered about a week ago , cost $11.95 inc p&p. Also my NMS sticker, which arrived today , seems to add at least 3bhp!!!:p

George.

Julz
6th August 2003, 09:10 PM
I fancy a nice set of valve caps too, but lockable of course seeing as mine keep getting nicked!!:mad: Our long weekend in Brackley is being classified as a 'holiday':D

Big Col
6th August 2003, 09:27 PM
If anyone can tell me where to get locable valve caps I'm in. If I catch ickle neds trying it once more I'm going to...well...moan some more.

Mr P
6th August 2003, 09:31 PM
Julz,
These are locking caps and are silver in colour with three rings round the top.
You can choose your ring colour (ooh-err) from Blue , Red , Black or Silver. No brown funnily enough!
Check them out at http://www.ricks2k.com

George.