PDA

View Full Version : Police whatever next

Scottie
4th May 2005, 03:28 AM
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=421548

got this from one of the Subaru forums

I have this exhaust fitted to my scooby but no way is it louder than my PlayMini exhaust on the blue mini.

:question::question:

Can this be correct

duncan
4th May 2005, 04:05 AM
Hope so. Some of these giant bean cans are ridiculously loud.

Kosta
4th May 2005, 04:22 AM
Thats a nigtmare... especially for scooby owners, i love the burble of a scooby flat four, the louder the better, i dont care if it wakes me up... the noise is worth it!

Craig
4th May 2005, 04:45 AM
I think what the last guy said in the forum is correct. If the exhaust has passed EU guideline and has the required mark, then changing your exhaust from standard to a performance one should not make a difference (unless there is a disclaimer with the exhaust that it is for race/off-road use only). I'll check on this tommorrow and get back to you fiona, but it sounds like little hitler at it again...:disapprove: They do check for noise pollution, but they don't appear to be very accurate...

duncan
4th May 2005, 05:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by Kosta

Thats a nigtmare... especially for scooby owners, i love the burble of a scooby flat four, the louder the better, i dont care if it wakes me up... the noise is worth it!

Not even if it was a Ferrari would it be worth it when i'm sleeping.
Trying to sleep during the day after a 12 Night Shift is bad enough with out some chavved up boy racer with a stupid catering size heinz tin as an exhaust driving up your road :mad::mad::mad:

I can sympathise with the guy with the Subaru, he's bought something from the manufacturers, and getting hassle for it.

POAH
4th May 2005, 06:32 AM
never had a problem when my magnex was decated and it was loud lol