PDA

View Full Version : 45 Grand Mini !!

Big Gordy
25th July 2003, 06:32 PM
Did anyone watch that programme on the telly last night with the rich daddies girl who was given a 45 grand Mini by her dad even when she had FAILED her test :eek: (she passed after 3 attempts by the way) What an absolute waste of a fine car. I was nearly in tears :(:(

Tony
25th July 2003, 10:38 PM
ive said this before,.....and i risk being shouted at very loudly,...but i just cant help it.....why do young people have to be spoiled SO much?

im 24, and between me and the missus, we just about got enough money together to buy our pride and joy...a £14k Cooper, that we adore. We love it even more because it is the fruitation of our hard work over the past few years....4 uni courses (self funded) lots and lots and lots of hours at Asda, JJB sports, etc, etc

how can this rich daddies girl appreciate her new car the same way as we can?
and how can a Mini cost so much?? where does she go from there?
a tricked out Maclaren F1 for her 21st??

ive ranted before, and i KNOW i sound bitter, but for the love of god,..why cant these spolit little brats get off their ar*es and get a job and appreciate the value of money as opposed to stamping there bleedin feet.

macblob
26th July 2003, 04:54 AM
God Dammm!!!

Ive got a 5 yr bank loan to pay for half of my 13 grand cooper!!!

How can you spend 45 grand on a MINI, is it gold plated??

Spoilt bas***ds!!!!!

Big Gordy
27th July 2003, 05:15 PM
Macblob it had - wait for it - top of the range sat nav, cd/dvd player with wee tellies in the headrests and a pair of cordless headphones, playstation, fridge (for her cola!!), specially dyed goat skin leather upholstery, works body kit, they Hokenheim type wheels and other stuff I canny remember but it was some poncy design guru guy who did it. A bit over the top I thought but it was all black and looked very smart. Just such a waste giving to the little rich bitch!! Her previous claim to fame was spending a grand on 3 yes 3 t-shirts. How the other half live eh.;)

Julz
27th July 2003, 05:26 PM
Why ws my daddy not rich???? I have enough trouble keeping my valve caps! Spotted calum last night cruising through Blair while rob and I were out chasing a couple of wee neds who nicked my valve caps for their £5 bmx!!! grrrrrr:mad: rob has already had all his nicked from his car and it got so bad on my 205 i resulted to flush valve caps! So i'm dreading going out this morning to find them all nicked, the car keyed and my headlights panned in!! This is even with the car sitting right outside the police station!!!:mad::mad::mad:

yiponwah
27th July 2003, 05:34 PM
what 45 grand mini I thought my mcs is deaear where ppl say i crazy spending that much money on my car which is only 4 week sold, my mcs cost 18k with my ICE fitted and 18inchs on it already costing 25k

Gismo
27th July 2003, 07:03 PM
I understand all the comments made here, i too think that the car is excessive, but, if you look at it from another angle.......
There are many people living around the poverty level who cannot afford any kind of car, these people must look at us and think the same, at the end of the day its all relative.

Whilst bringing up my kids i spoiled them as much as i could and would allow, it wasn't to the tune of £45k, but maybe in my little world it was on the same level.

Bonnie Scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
28th July 2003, 03:15 AM
I think I remember that girl. She was on the first episode of that show. if i remeber correctly she also had aspirations to be a pop star...well just assumed Daddy could buy her a record contract..poor daaaahling! Thankfully record companies seemed to have drawn the line at the Cheeky Girls and spared us the talentless warblings of a pudgy spoilt brat.

Alan...good point, but if you've ever seen this lassie on TV.......

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I'm lost for words.....

GAJ
28th July 2003, 04:34 AM
If she wants another car she can have mine for£40k!!

macblob
28th July 2003, 06:22 PM
Ill take 38K for mine

Not to be greedy you understand

;)

Big Col
28th July 2003, 07:03 PM
Whilst I can see why people would be jealous I'm actually not. She's maybe got a £45k car but she's still mingin' and no amount of surgery will change that. I on the other hand have got a motor that I think is amazin' an I'm georgeous. Life's good. :D

Big Gordy
28th July 2003, 09:20 PM
Col, you are so full of s*$t. You've said this so often your starting to believe it ;) It does raise the question though of why you have to go all the way to Inverness to get yourself a bird :D:D (and we won't have any mention of sheep thank you very much ;))

Big Col
28th July 2003, 09:25 PM
Now now Big G. We've already seen enough jealousy in this thread. ;)

Big Gordy
28th July 2003, 10:01 PM
It's a good job we had that discussion before Christmas last year then when I told you to go and have a shot of a Mini isn't it;). You could have been oblivious to it's charms if I hadn't mentioned it :D. By the way the front looks like its got the measles - GET IT WASHED :evil:

Big Col
28th July 2003, 10:05 PM
I know I know:I

Linda M
29th July 2003, 02:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Whilst I can see why people would be jealous I'm actually not. She's maybe got a £45k car but she's still mingin' and no amount of surgery will change that. I on the other hand have got a motor that I think is amazin' an I'm georgeous. Life's good. :D
:D:D:D

macblob
29th July 2003, 03:04 AM
Linda im sure with ur ability to spend 45k could be reached on Daisy lol:D:D

sorry again Willie

Burple
29th July 2003, 07:24 AM
Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh!!!

Sorry!!! that kind o' spoilt little horror-croco-pig-a-frog just makes me spew!!
It's obscene!!
Sorry but thats the sort of person that really needs to have a view of the big picture slapped into her ( I volunteer!! ;) :D) to let her see out of her sheltered little "Daddy's World"

Like has been mentioned on here, I've had to work long and hard to be able to afford (my first!) nice new car, and while I agree it would be lovely to have been spoilt (or to be the spoiler <snigger>), is there really any need to RUB IT IN OTHER PEOPLES' FACES LIKE THAT???!?!?!?!?!!?!?
ON NATIONAL BL**DY TELLY?!?!?!?!!

sorry... rant over... ;)

p.s.. big col... I totally agree with your way thinking on that one... ;) :D

Big Gordy
29th July 2003, 04:09 PM
Hey low n load1 his car is good, its a Cooper after all but he's as ugly as sin don't let him fool you good people :dead:;):D

Big Col
29th July 2003, 04:20 PM
<sighs and shakes his head sadly> It's a shame when a man of Gordy's advancing years gives in to petty jealousy. Gordy I'm sorry I'm half your age and I'm sorry I'm better looking that you thought was possible but it's really not my fault. I can't help it in the same way you can't help being old, bald and boggin'. ;) :D

Also if you could stop asking me out to dinner in private emails it would be appreciated. My bread just isn't buttered that side.

Big Gordy
29th July 2003, 04:58 PM
<Cough,splutter,cough> After all I,ve done for you - seen you safely through puberty (not completely so it would seem;)) this is what you do to me. If it wasn't for me laddie you would be driving some poncy grannie motor probably a Yaris or Micra. Seing as your last car was a Corrola :eek: I thought you need saved but it seems I was wrong. You are indeed a lost cause :( So once I've got my strength up after my nap I'll come up the stairs and kick your scrawny butt junior :clown:

Big Gordy
30th July 2003, 12:19 AM
If you keep telling everyone that you are good looking then maybe one day someone'll believe it. It's unfortunate that insecure people always have to tell other people about how good they are at something or how good looking they are, when the opposite is true.
Did you know and this is a fact, that last year there was a secret opinion pole taken within the working place last year and Big Col's average score was 5 out of 10. Hardly in the Brad Pitt league.:eightball:

Linda M
30th July 2003, 12:46 AM
Thanks for sharing that Gordy, I was beginning to think he 'WAS' Brad Pitt ;)

Linda M
30th July 2003, 12:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by macblob

Linda im sure with ur ability to spend 45k could be reached on Daisy lol:D:D
I could maybe reach 25k on Daisy (if I had it) but it would have to be a different car for 45k :eek:

Linda M
30th July 2003, 01:06 AM
I don't really have much of an opinion on this. One thing I've noticed about the British nation (don't take personally) is it's a very jealous one, no one ever wants to see someone doing well in life or having money. We've always noticed that in America it's the total opposite, everyone is pleased to see the next person doing well or having money, a nice house, cars etc.

Obviously this girls parents are loaded and if they want to spoil the girl thats fine with me, the only thing I do wish is that folk with lots of money gave more to charities.

Big Gordy
30th July 2003, 03:06 AM
I don't mind people having a lot of money Linda M as long as they don't come on the telly and show themselves up to be absolute ar***oles :p.I have every respect for someone who has genuinely worked hard like we do for their money. Take Richard Branson for example he is one top block. On the other hand you have Chris Evans :clown: what is he on :eek:The programme in question does seem to focus on stinking rich numpties though and they can't all be like that.:approve:

Big Col
30th July 2003, 03:42 PM
I'm not Brad Pitt Linda. I'm a lil bit better lookin'. ;)

As for your 5 out of 10 Gordy, there's about 6 wimen in our beloved workplace. Everytime a young woman comes in here they get dribbled all over by old farts like you. Then you and a certain collegue, who are both known for mocking people loudly and relentlessly ask one of these poor girls "how would you rate big Col out of 10" do you really think she's going to give an honest answer?? Also, considering the ginger person in question always asks the question by saying "Our Big Col here thinks he's gorgeous, what do you think" somehow I don't think she's going to say yes. She obviously took my personality into account and that's bound to have halfed my score.

Now, this statement is not meant in any offensive way as I could see how it could be misinterpreted ok. But for a 100% impartial opinion why not ask your wife or daughter? They've seen me, won't have the pressure of the workforce mocking them with taunts of "You fancy big col!" and are more likley to give you an honest answer. Don't make me post a picture on here big guy! ;)

Big Col
30th July 2003, 03:44 PM
As for your question of "what is he on" re Chris Evans Big G. The answers Billy Piper aint it? :D:D:D

Big Gordy
30th July 2003, 04:14 PM
You made such an impression they couldn't remember what you looked like :clown: Daughter just said 'was he that tall skinny guy - he wasn't ugly but he wasn't good lookin either':p

Big Col
30th July 2003, 04:21 PM
tut tut. I thought you would've brought your kids up to be honest big guy. I'm disappointed.

Linda M
30th July 2003, 07:47 PM
You two make me laugh :D

Big Gordy
30th July 2003, 08:19 PM
Glad to hear it Linda :D It's daft really as we only work about 100 yards away from each other :clown: But I will take all the credit for him now driving a Mini :) Only trouble was he went and got his before ME :mad: (Colin - March, Me - May) When I say me I really mean my wife. Thought I'd better mention that before Colin does ;):D

Big Col
31st July 2003, 01:44 AM
Actually it's Gordy's wifes ca...<reads Big Gordy's post> BUGGAR!;):D

Glad to hear we entertain Linda. Just for the record Big Gordy was indeed the person that told me to go test drive a Mini. I was pondering getting a Beetle. The conversation went kinda like this. "G man I'm gettin a new car"
"What you gettin?"
"New Beetle"
"A BEETLE??? Go drive a mini ya big skinny poofter!"
I did. I bought one. Gordy got jealous and finally bought one after talking about it for years. I think his wife decided it was cheaper to buy a mini than it was to keep replacing the carpet every couple of weeks as Gordy kept wearing it out crawling after her pleading.:D

<whispers> You shoulda seen his face when I said I was getting one. Dayum that was jealousy. :D:p

Linda M
31st July 2003, 06:08 AM
I just waited til Willie was in Italy on business, test drove and bought all in one day :clown: Broke the news via phone and knew I was safe :blackeye:

By the way it's about time you two came out to play with the rest of us !!

Big Col
31st July 2003, 03:45 PM
Oooh I dunno about that Linda. There's a couple of married wimen on here. I'd hate to be responsible for breaking up those happy marriages when they clocked me...:D

<waits patiently for Big Gordy's response>

Willie M
31st July 2003, 04:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Oooh I dunno about that Linda. There's a couple of married wimen on here. I'd hate to be responsible for breaking up those happy marriages when they clocked me...:D
No worries there Big Col, the happily married ones are already seeing me ;):D

Big Col
31st July 2003, 04:04 PM
lol. That one took a few re-reads and a bit of thought at this time in the morning Willie. ;)

Julz
31st July 2003, 04:07 PM
Aw Willie, you were meant to keep that a secret;):eek:

Big Gordy
31st July 2003, 04:32 PM
Just to set the record straight. I had always intended buying a new mini for my good lady (not some poofy Beetle;))but knew it wouldn't be until May. Don't mention the TLC packege to Colin though as he gets a bit upset :p Colin we will have to see about joining this mad bunch next time :D although they seem to have been a bit to close to one another on the last run :eek:So close infact they were touching. What happened?

Big Col
31st July 2003, 04:43 PM
Yeah we should go Big G. Sounds like they had a smashing time. <winces> Sorry...

sh@z
3rd August 2003, 06:46 AM
im barred from future runs so u guys are safe ;)

haha, this has been one hellova read :)

shaz`

P.S whats this about TLC

Big Gordy
3rd August 2003, 04:19 PM
Sh@z re TLC. Big Col works in sales and is ruthless in his mission to obtaining the the best possible prices for any given article but still couldn't knock anything off his Mini quote no matter how hard he pressed the poor saleman at Menzies. I on the otherhand, a lowly humble draughtsman managed to get my TLC flung in as part of the price and as you can tell from our forum banter I NEVER let him forget it hahahahahahahahaha ;)<hi Colin>

Big Col
4th August 2003, 03:46 PM
SEE! One of you just HAD to friggin ask didn't you??????? You couldn't just let it go??? Big G even said "Don't mention the TLC packege to Colin though as he gets a bit upset" and what does sh@z go and do??? That's right...HE MENTIONS IT!!! He just couldn't let it go! But that's ok. <Col's left eye starts twitchin> I'm not at all bothered. <it twitches again> I don't mind that I politely put up with the most USELESS SALESMAN IN THE ENTIRE WORLD and I still never got the TLC thrown in. When I first turned up and the first sales guy I spoke to was still pished after a night out and totally screwed up working out the finance, I politley said I'd come back. When I ended up getting the worlds worst salesman (who was so friggin hopeless you would've thought he was the owners son or something...oh wait...HE IS) said "You can come pick the car up whenever you like" in February, I patiently asked him if he was sure about that since it was an '03 car and they weren't supposed to be on the road till March, he said "oh yeah...you're right enough". When he said "You don't need to run these engines in, they come already ran in" I patiently asked "Are you sure about that?" he checked the manual and said "oh yeah...you're right enough". When he said "This switch is for your front foglights" I patiently asked "Are you sure 'cos this car doesn't have front foglights" he said "oh yeah...you're right enough". When I was on my way back to Glasgow the day I picked it up and I got a phonecall from the eejit saying "could you please come back with the documents we just gave you, I forgot to keep my copy" I patiently turned around and went back to drop them off. After all of this they STILL DIDN'T GIVE ME THE DAMN TLC FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it's cool <takes a swig of Jack Daniels> I'm fine <left eye twitches again> You should all just feel free to BRING IT UP WHENEVER YOU LIKE!!!! SWINES!!!!!!! <col staggers off for a lie down in a dark room>

Willie M
4th August 2003, 04:00 PM
Just to explain the above edit Big Col.
Thought I'd better protect Sh@z's gender ;)

Big Gordy
4th August 2003, 04:33 PM
See, I told you not to mention it didn't I :D Oh by the way Colin you have a big birds pooh on your roof again (right on the front corner at the passenger side) so I suggest you dont leave it there until you go home this time (remember what happened the last time:dead:)

Big Col
4th August 2003, 04:36 PM
See that lil feathered b******!!! Ahm gonna get that lil swine!

Big Gordy
4th August 2003, 05:14 PM
I think the heavy division have moved in now :dead: It must have been the B52 of the birdy world the one and only SEAGULL. Its huuuuuuuuuge. Covers most of your roof. Dont know how you missed it :p <slight exageration>

Big Col
4th August 2003, 05:18 PM
People you have all got to get yourselves over to Cathcart. Goin' by the turd on my roof there is a flying Rhino in the area!! (Note : For all those coming to see this amazing phenomenon you might wanna bring a brolly)

Big Gordy
4th August 2003, 05:20 PM
Oh and if pigeon sh*t managed to eat through the paint just think what a seagull eats :dead: Me thinks it will be a big hole by now :p

Big Col
4th August 2003, 05:21 PM
Wonder what would happen if whatever eats pigeon happens to take a turd on the roof. Would be like aliens...