PDA

View Full Version : Can It Be True!

I Want A Works
3rd May 2005, 05:07 AM
Was watcing 5th Gear on channel 5 and it said that earlier in the year Tiff had driven a Cooper against a Skoda Fabia Diesel, and the Skoda was quicker on the track!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Can this be True, did any one see it?

duncan
3rd May 2005, 05:12 AM
Yeah, that was on a while back.
They had it billed as similar priced cars, but the Fabia vRS had more bhp.

It was quicker on the straights but the Cooper was better on the corners.

The Dogfather
3rd May 2005, 05:14 AM
The VRs is faster, ask Sleepy! It's the engine its so much more powerful than the coopers, but they don't handle any were near as well.

sleepyrascal
3rd May 2005, 05:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

The VRs is faster, ask Sleepy!

Beaten by a girl driving a bloody ONE and a deisel Skoda :mad::mad::D

I Want A Works
3rd May 2005, 05:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

The VRs is faster, ask Sleepy!

Beaten by a girl driving a bloody ONE and a deisel Skoda :mad::mad::D

Yeah! Was trying to convince Terri to get an octavia VRs, cos they are the sae as a VW bora, but a sh*t load quicker and cheaper! Got a mate who has one, and is like brown stuff off of a stick!!!

duncan
3rd May 2005, 05:28 AM
Skoda has the torque in the low revs range, no wonder its faster at pulling away.

Any modern TDi would do well against a Cooper.

Kosta
3rd May 2005, 07:13 AM
At the end of the day, a Skoda Octavia is still a taxi no matter what engine is in there! I dont know about up there, but round here, every taxi is an Octavia! As for the Fabia vRS, i know a couple of lads off ford focus owners club, who got rid of their TDCi Foci for chipped up Fabias, and theyre like sh*t off a shovel!!

sleepyrascal
3rd May 2005, 08:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by Kosta

i know a couple of lads off ford focus owners club, who got rid of their TDCi Foci for chipped up Fabias, and theyre like sh*t off a shovel!!

Yes.. they are :mad:

I Want A Works
4th May 2005, 12:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

quote:Originally posted by Kosta

i know a couple of lads off ford focus owners club, who got rid of their TDCi Foci for chipped up Fabias, and theyre like sh*t off a shovel!!

Yes.. they are :mad:

Yup! My mates if the petrol Octavia that also has a little turbo charger! Not quite as fast as a JCW, but still nice!