PDA

View Full Version : New wheels

PepperNI
2nd May 2005, 09:48 PM
My new PW Mini Cooper has just arrived in the country - collecting it after I get back from honeymoon on the 18th - Want a nice set of hyper black / dark 17's. Any suggestions?

empi67
3rd May 2005, 03:02 AM
Yeah i am in the same boat, Looking for dark wheels at the moment also.

It has come down to the Konig Range for me.

Only problem is that i phoned around and most are on a 4-6 week waiting list, even from the supplier. You can get Konig Eracers but they seem to a more common sight for Minis now (after appearing in go mini mag), so not totally exclusive.

The other one i was thinking about was the wolfrace octane in black and silver.. looks very deep dish and good prices around.

macblob
3rd May 2005, 03:30 AM
bk racing do a hyper black finish in some rims too

PepperNI
3rd May 2005, 07:44 AM
whats the best website / mail order you've found for prices?

marc.c
4th May 2005, 06:07 AM
yeah i know exactly what your saying about the konigs i got my gloss black e-racers last september when they where supposed to be limeted edition , now the bloody things are still advertised everywhere:mad:
quote:Originally posted by empi67

Yeah i am in the same boat, Looking for dark wheels at the moment also.

It has come down to the Konig Range for me.

Only problem is that i phoned around and most are on a 4-6 week waiting list, even from the supplier. You can get Konig Eracers but they seem to a more common sight for Minis now (after appearing in go mini mag), so not totally exclusive.

The other one i was thinking about was the wolfrace octane in black and silver.. looks very deep dish and good prices around.

empi67
6th May 2005, 06:11 AM
well what youw ant to do is buy a new exclusive set of wheels..and sell me your konigs ;)

btw..what aare they like for quality?... eg rims

Kosta
6th May 2005, 02:20 PM
BK Racing 299s

http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/BK299HPB.jpg

marc.c
8th May 2005, 03:54 AM
the quality of the konigs is pretty good, the only problem is if you kerb them the rim can't be repaired because there polished and i've managed to kerb them twice:I
quote:Originally posted by empi67

well what youw ant to do is buy a new exclusive set of wheels..and sell me your konigs ;)

btw..what aare they like for quality?... eg rims

davesminis
9th May 2005, 03:41 AM
loving the Eracers too, but had the same thought that they are a bit common now too, looking for a dark set of wheels, the search continues, will keep you posted,

Dave

empi67
9th May 2005, 08:56 PM
Well actually managed to get my wheels over the weekend.
Went for League 156`s Kinda minilite/split rim look with dark centres..
LOVING the look of them..

Nnow just got to remember to park 10 feet away from kerbs

Kosta
9th May 2005, 09:10 PM
Sound awesome they do mate! Seen some gold ones somewhere before!

empi67
10th May 2005, 04:51 AM
Yeah i`ll try to post up pics if i ever work it out...

Wasnt sure how the dark wheels would look on a CR/W car but seem to go with the tinted windows..