PDA

View Full Version : OOPS

I Want A Works
27th April 2005, 09:43 AM
Just for information everyone, Grampain Police still use Vauxhall Onega's as the unmarked. I discovered this whilst doing 75 past one on Monday :(

Was driving north on the A96, and me and 3 other cars got caught behine an Omega doing 30MPH through a 30 zone where they are building windmills. May mate said "bet ya that is the POLICE".........

.....1 mile later at the crawler land at Glens of Foundland, I went past said Omega at 75 looked in the car as I went past to see 2 lovely members of the Constabulary sitting in it. :dead:

Now they never pulled me over, but someone at work said that they have videos fitted and can send you a penalty notice through the post like the vans that sit at the side of the road do. Anyone know is this is right??

Big Col
27th April 2005, 03:46 PM
No I don't think that is right. They have to pull you then and there if using the camera's mounted in the car.

Mini Martyn
27th April 2005, 05:39 PM
75 in a 30 nice!!!! :D:D

Craig
27th April 2005, 05:43 PM
Definately not. If they are using in car video, they must stop you and advise you of it. They could only really give you a warning via the post. It's all about them making you aware that you are (or have been) filmed. That is why when you see the vans parked at the side of the road with the digital speed camera's they have notices on them saying that they are recording..

sleepyrascal
27th April 2005, 08:11 PM
..... I smell sh*te.. :D

I Want A Works
28th April 2005, 01:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

No honestly, the granda can do 75! Tee Hee.
:cool::cool::cool:
And the crawler was in a 60 zone.

Duncan Stewart
28th April 2005, 04:29 PM
Question - on a 3 lane bit of road and you are on the 2 lane side, is the speed limit 60 or 70? Just built a couple of bits of this on the A9 near Helen's parents. I don't want to be caught speeding! ;)

GAJ
28th April 2005, 04:43 PM
60 I think. Unless there is sigenage to indicate otherwise then the national speed limit applies which is only 70 on motorways and dual carriageways. I don't think that the road you describe would be classed as a dula carriageway. Not totally sure though!

Craig
28th April 2005, 06:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

60 I think. Unless there is sigenage to indicate otherwise then the national speed limit applies which is only 70 on motorways and dual carriageways. I don't think that the road you describe would be classed as a dula carriageway. Not totally sure though!

Your right Gary, it is a 60 as it is not classed as a dual carriageway.

Craig
28th April 2005, 06:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

how? did you not make it to the toilet in time ? ?