PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Protest Stanlow Refinery (Shell)

Scottie
25th April 2005, 10:31 PM
Well you Optimax users better fill up.

Been mad at work today they got the jitters.

Although since the last protest it is now illegal to block the gates on any refinery.

The Oil Companies seem to think it will not get as bad as the last time.

euan
25th April 2005, 10:38 PM
It was planned for the 3rd May apparently.

My issue is that I'm supposed to be in Cheshire on Thursday for a presentation - might be getting the train!

Julz
25th April 2005, 10:41 PM
Heard about this on the MLR, wasn't to sure how serious it was though!! Better be over soon as I'm using Robs car next week!!:eek::evil:

S7JGW
25th April 2005, 10:56 PM
Anyone know of a twin tank conversion???
Doubt it will be as bad as last time.
Its about time summin was done about the price at home in Macduff its 87.9 its a joke

Fontal
25th April 2005, 11:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by S7JGW

87.9 its a joke

is that all it's 96.9 at my local garage and the cheapest I can get is 89.6:disapprove::disapprove::disapprove:

S7JGW
25th April 2005, 11:56 PM
Just daft prices, do u live in the highlands somewhere at that price?

Fontal
25th April 2005, 11:58 PM
Shetland :(

Craig
26th April 2005, 01:09 AM
BIG meeting in stirling on friday night by some of the protestors. Looks like it is all going to start again. Time to fill the jerry cans in the garage so I can still get to work...

Scottie
26th April 2005, 03:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

BIG meeting in stirling on friday night by some of the protestors. Looks like it is all going to start again. Time to fill the jerry cans in the garage so I can still get to work...

ah well we have several massive jerry cans in our back yard at work;);) thousands of litres in fact:evil:

duncan
26th April 2005, 04:10 AM
I'm classed as a key worker, and had a letter the last time to get into petrol stations that had fuel :D

Scottie
26th April 2005, 04:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

I'm classed as a key worker, and had a letter the last time to get into petrol stations that had fuel :D

how would that work then. is that a particular retail site or for any.

duncan
26th April 2005, 04:42 AM
It was a letter from the Home Office.

If the police were manning a petrol station then you showed them the letter, and they were supposed to let you fill up.

The Railway also had permission to fill up with Red diesel as a last resort, but had to fully document its use.

S7JGW
26th April 2005, 05:19 AM
Time to get diesel cars!And get a job on the railway!
Do you think theyl take out a diesel Cooper?

duncan
26th April 2005, 05:45 AM
Not just the Railway that were on the list, we were something like no 23 out of 50

The emergency services had first call naturally enough. I'll have to see if i still have a copy of the letter on file.

Somewhere down south hired loads of vans, which came with a full tank of diesel, and took them back when empty.

S7JGW
26th April 2005, 05:52 AM
You think i kood get fuel for being in the lifeboat crew?

duncan
26th April 2005, 06:03 AM
I couldnt say for definate, (i'd have thought yes, but its not up to me!) but the Home Office website might have the latest policy, or an archived doccument from the last time

Willie M
26th April 2005, 03:53 PM

Time to get diesel cars!
Only problem is, diesel's now even more expensive than petrol :mad::mad: 89.9p when I filled up yesterday :(

GAJ
26th April 2005, 04:36 PM

2007 I believe. I know one person in particular who is looking forward to it!;)

Kosta
26th April 2005, 04:51 PM
Diesel is a sore point with me, at some garages round here its 92.9p per litre! Time to get back oin a petrol car me thinks!

Duncan Stewart
26th April 2005, 09:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

2007 I believe. I know one person in particular who is looking forward to it!;)

:DMe too!:D

Julz
28th April 2005, 04:15 PM
Price of Optimax was down 3p a litre when I filled up last night!!:)

Sheilz
29th April 2005, 05:18 AM
Just the other day I mentioned to someone at work that I was surprised the haulage industry hadn't started protesting about the price of fuel. This thread's the first I've heard of rumblings in the jungle. Nae ahin time! Is this low key stuff or will it go national? Havent heard anything about this but this might be due to not having read a paper for yonks :I:I

Willie M
29th April 2005, 04:00 PM
Protest by the Road Haulage Association at Grangemouth today (10am). I believe they are going to protest on foot though.

MartinSullivan
29th April 2005, 04:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Protest by the Road Haulage Association at Grangemouth today (10am). I believe they are going to protest on foot though.

Yeah, cause they cant afford the fuel for the wagons

Julz
29th April 2005, 05:23 PM
Can't remember when the haulage firms are doing a week long crawling protest, could be next week!!:clown:

Big Col
29th April 2005, 06:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Can't remember when the haulage firms are doing a week long crawling protest, could be next week!!:clown:

Yeah 'cos THAT's the way to get public support! F#ckwits! :mad:

Julz
29th April 2005, 06:21 PM
It's probably more to do with my stupidity level!!;):D