PDA

View Full Version : I SPOKE TOO SOON!

GAJ
23rd July 2003, 01:23 AM
I knew it was probably tempting fate to mention to Willie on Saturday that i had never yet had an accident.

Guess who reversed into a Vectra today?:disapprove:

macblob
23rd July 2003, 01:36 AM
Doh!!!!!

U and the car ok Gaj.?

Hope it wasnt a serious one

GAJ
23rd July 2003, 02:06 AM
We've both seen better days but the car can be fixed!

It's only damage to the rear bumper of the car but I have got a broken heart!

knaone
23rd July 2003, 02:09 AM
Sorry to hear that Gaj... hope you get it sorted soon :)

3GGG
23rd July 2003, 05:16 AM
Sorry to hear about the bump.
Don't worry they should be able to make it as good as new. My rear bumper was fixed OK after being badly scuffed.

john
23rd July 2003, 07:01 AM
SH@Z has a good rear bumper:)

wrong colour though:D

Willie M
23rd July 2003, 03:45 PM
Ouch :blackeye::(
Sorry to hear about your mishap, perhaps we shouldn't have had 'that' conversation on Saturday :eek:
Hope to see you and the Guinness mobile back on the road soon :cool:

GAJ
23rd July 2003, 03:46 PM
I phone MINI Accident Management yesterday who were excellent. (So far anyway!)
I am taking the car down today to get it booked in for repair. The damage doesn't look so bad today now that I have calmed down.

Wul
23rd July 2003, 04:56 PM
Nightmare GAJ - i am now going to sell my car - as that's two black edinburgh MINI's now been in accidents and i don't want to be Mr "Third time unlucky!" ;)

Hope all is sorted soon!

Wul
23rd July 2003, 04:57 PM
GAJ - was that last word in your signature always there? ;)

Monsta Mo Mini
23rd July 2003, 05:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

GAJ - was that last word in your signature always there? ;)

:D:D

GAJ
23rd July 2003, 05:26 PM
You guys kill me:(

Linda M
23rd July 2003, 11:22 PM
Such a shame GAJ, hope you get it sorted out ok :)

GAJ
24th July 2003, 03:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Ouch :blackeye::(
Hope to see you and the Guinness mobile back on the road soon :cool:

£312!!

Oh well! Guineness mobile! I like that!:D

Willie M
24th July 2003, 06:12 PM
:D Guinness mobile, somehow appropriate I thought (and I'm not just talking about the colour of the car ;))

Mini Martyn
1st August 2003, 07:02 PM
Soz to hear about the fender bender, they just dont look the same with a bump!!

£312, thats not too bad mine is £450. Hopefully the vectra is a right off - one less on the road!! Hehe

DNV122
7th August 2003, 05:49 AM
GAJ

What's going on - must be summer madness.

'spose you spoke to Paul or Debbie at Mini Accident Management (or BMW Accident Management as he states when he phones me back).

So far mine is still awaiting approval (faffing by insurers), but how about £3.5k for mine !!!:blackeye:

GAJ
7th August 2003, 03:46 PM
I dealt with Debbie Cocks. Interesting name:I
My insurers insisted on sending an independent assessor to look at the car although I had already supplied quotes from both Eastern and Dunedin's body shops.
I wanted to use Dunedin and they were considerably cheaper so I didn't expect this hassle. In the end I missed the assessor as he was in my works car park while I was on the other side of the town at a job interview! I spoke to him on the phone and he couldn't see the point in even looking at the car and approved the repairs. A weeks delay for nothing.
Then the body shop claimed not to have received any of the faxes authorising the repairs, 2 from my insurers, 2 from the assessors and 1 from me. This went on for another 6 days till I lost my temper and then they mysteriously claimed that the fax had just been received that day.
The car is to be dropped off next Tuesday and they will supply a car for me to use while it's being fixed. I will have to speak to my insurers when I find out the details of the replacement car. No doubt this will cost me more money!
Nothing is ever simple!

Willie M
7th August 2003, 03:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

I dealt with Debbie Cocks. Interesting name:I
Ahem!! Are you sure that isn't spelt Cox :I

Wul
7th August 2003, 05:40 PM
GAJ - try and get dunedins red MCS courtesy car - bit of an ashtray but good for a shot! :D

GAJ
7th August 2003, 06:39 PM
It really is spelt Cocks!!

Willie M
7th August 2003, 08:46 PM
Oh. How, erm..., unfortunate :eek::I

Big Col
7th August 2003, 10:00 PM
Her dad's name way Seymore. ;)

GAJ
7th August 2003, 10:13 PM
There was a woman at my work for a while with the same name. She's not there anymore. I think she got sick of the sniggering.:clown:
I think she was replaced by either Ben Dover or Drew Peacock.:clown::D

euan
8th August 2003, 12:28 AM
There is a woman we deal with in our office called Amanda Cockaday.....

KenL
8th August 2003, 05:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

There is a woman we deal with in our office called Amanda Cockaday.....

Well, you know what they say about an apple a day :D

My mate from school (crikey I hope he doesn't own a MINI) was called Pincock - of course he was often referred to as NeedleDick :evil::D:p

Great thread this :D

GAJ
13th August 2003, 05:12 PM
Handed my car in yesterday.
Got a Corsa! How rubbish are they? The engine sounds like a faulty sewing machine, the steering and clutch are so light you cant even feel any resistance at all and it feels like you could roll it if you attemt any corner over 20 mph and the seats are so flat and unsupportive and the central locking doesn't unlock the boot and it smells and .......:(

Tahra
13th August 2003, 05:22 PM
John reversed ours into a Corsa a while back - I think we'd only had it a month or so at the time ! Minis must have an attraction for Vauxhalls.... Anyway we had ours repaired by Eastern, cos I wasn't speaking to Dunedin by that time.....but we had wait for it a Lupo as a courtesy car ! Now theres a funny wee car to drive, its like the wrong size engine has been squashed into a Cinqucento. Saying all that they did a great job and you could never tell that the car had been hurt....