PDA

View Full Version : It's gone....

euan
25th April 2005, 04:20 PM
Well, I finally did the deed and sold my S.

After 4 years and 2 MINIs I finally gave in to the ache in my leg and my sore back which I have no doubt is caused by the suspension, run flats and fat alloys. Much as I love the car (and I do adore it) I can't go on with the pain! Combined with the miles I'm doing these days it just didn't make sense anymore.

I'll miss the car, the handling is just like nothing else. I'll still pop in here every now and again and say hello and no doubt badger Wul about how to keep things clean and shiny, but wanted to say thanks to you all for the knowledge, banter and good fun that is NMS.

Have fun!

KenL
25th April 2005, 04:41 PM
What are you moving onto Euan?

Big Col
25th April 2005, 04:44 PM
Old age by the sound of it...;)

MartinSullivan
25th April 2005, 04:45 PM
Sorry to hear its gone Euan :(

euan
25th April 2005, 04:52 PM
Tell me about it, my brother was ripping into me about getting old.

I've bought a 6 month old 3 Series Sport coupe. Looks stunning, plenty oomph, plenty space and more toys than a branch of Toys R Us. The clincher was the seat bolster for my leg though!

Looked at the Golf GTi, but it's pricey and I'm not keen on the masses of black plastic at the front. Found a black one but still, the grill bugged me and couldn't get used to the looks.

I really wanted an RX8, but my brother has sold his mini for one in the last month so thought better of it. We have had the same car for years so he's gone his way and I've gone mine.

Will miss the MINI though.

(If I can work out how to put a picture in here I will - any suggestions?)

Big Col
25th April 2005, 05:05 PM
You can host the pic at http://www.imageshack.ws/ and then just link to it mate.

euan
25th April 2005, 05:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
You can host the pic at http://www.imageshack.ws/ and then just link to it mate.

Brilliant, thanks -

http://img250.echo.cx/img250/8926/newwheels9lg.jpg

Edit:- To show picture :I

MartinSullivan
25th April 2005, 05:21 PM
Euan, if you put [ img] [ /img] tags round your link it will show the picture. Just miss the space out that I have entered after the bracket

Wul
25th April 2005, 06:14 PM
Nice mowta Euan (if you like that sorta thing;)) with all those acres of paintwork to look after a porter cable would be a good investment :p

euan
25th April 2005, 06:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Nice mowta Euan (if you like that sorta thing;)) with all those acres of paintwork to look after a porter cable would be a good investment :p

Yup, bit sensible and quite a contrast from the mini, so will see how I get on with it. There was nothing that really grabbed me and said "you must have me!" so this will tide me over a few years. I'm dreading trying to keep it clean though. It's a big car after all, my Megs bill will be going up! I'll need to change the wheels I think, the car has 17s on it but they are not very exciting.

Cheers for sticking the picture in for me Bonnie :)

Willie M
25th April 2005, 08:49 PM
Sorry to hear the Mini's gone Euan. All the best with the new machine, looks good by the way :cool: