PDA

View Full Version : Money grabbing bandits!

rico_walks
19th April 2005, 08:47 PM
Last august i was on my way home when some idiot that obviusly wasnt paying any attention hit my mod'ed car at traffic lights,:mad:, they claimed resposibility and it was all sorted but now when i go for insurance quotes i still get nailed even thogh it was nothing to do with me!!!!:mad::mad::mad:! This problem could stop me from getting the coop s that i long for!! Any1 got any suggestions as to where i could get cheap insurance from?

duncan
19th April 2005, 09:26 PM
Check out this thread (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4425) for insurance discussions.

Also, check with your exsisting company that the claim has been fully dealt with, and insist its a no fault claim.

rico_walks
20th April 2005, 03:04 AM
it has been but not after a fight. they tried to pin it on me and then took my no claims!! They have been re-instated but still sky high premiums!!
I dont think you can win!

Big Col
20th April 2005, 03:48 PM
My insurance went up after a woman ran into the back of me in my old car. SOOOOO annoying! :mad:

Julz
20th April 2005, 04:05 PM
When somebody rear-ended the Porsche, it didn't make any difference to our insurance! Although the car we re-insured with the same company for the first year as they knew the history!:sleepy:

bpirie1000
20th April 2005, 04:31 PM
Insurance Companies Try This to Rip you off Try and Claim that you'll cancell your policy if they don't sort this problem out.. after all your insurance never had to pay a penny to repair the motor..

There robbing you .. I would also look for a Re-vised quote to compensate the loss your experiencing...

Nasty but it works.. I had to send a recorded letter to my insurance after a nice mechanic came wheel spinning out of a well known car sales garage in Aberdeen. He admitted liability and I never had any trouble after I sent the recorded letter...

good luck on your Quest.

cheers Brizeeeeeeeeeeeeee

rico_walks
20th April 2005, 10:31 PM
I will keep u posted!
The best quote so far is £918!
but i am doing my IAM so it will cum down a bit....Hopefully!

rico_walks
22nd April 2005, 05:36 PM
UPDATE!!
Managed to get a quote for £812!!
Not bad esspecially as it was with diamond and i thought that they only insured girls!!!
Not complaining though.
rico