PDA

View Full Version : Knockhill sunday 24th (my first ever race)

john
19th April 2005, 12:17 AM
Anyone going to Knockhill for round three of the Cooper challenge??

Mini Martyn
19th April 2005, 12:21 AM
Would have but i am away to Mull this weekend!!

john
19th April 2005, 12:24 AM
whats on in Mull??

sleepyrascal
19th April 2005, 01:22 AM
ME...

Gismo
19th April 2005, 01:30 AM
If i'm not going to the footie and if i'm home i'll most prbably be going :)

Julz
19th April 2005, 04:07 PM
We'll be there, what time does it start and is anything special happening??;):D

phantom
20th April 2005, 01:23 AM
I'll be there as usual, is it not round two though :cool:

john
20th April 2005, 02:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by phantom

I'll be there as usual, is it not round two though :cool:

Its round three as the last meeting was a double header 1/2

Kirsty
20th April 2005, 04:44 AM
I'll try and get along too so hopefully catch up with some of you guys then!!!

Nenah
20th April 2005, 04:44 AM
The ever modest John forgot to mention in his post that he's actually racing in this weekend's Mini Challenge!!!

So more reason to come along for the chance to see John drive like a maniac on a race track for a change! :eek:

If you're going to attend let me know via email and arrange to meet up on the day.

:cool::cool::cool:

phantom
20th April 2005, 07:35 AM
Anyone who does go and has not been to Knockhill before, make sure you bring LOTS of warm clothing as it never gets warm, it has its own micro climate, which is cold or bl**dy freezing!
If you don't have a season ticket, it will cost £10 to get in.
Nenah, I will be there.:cool:

sleepyrascal
20th April 2005, 09:14 AM

Anyone who does go and has not been to Knockhill before, make sure you bring LOTS of warm clothing as it never gets warm, it has its own micro climate, which is cold or bl**dy freezing!

£10!!!!! EH!!!!!!! thats a bit steep isn't it!!!!

Mini Martyn
20th April 2005, 05:07 PM
Mull is for Rugby, last game of the season should be great fun been looking forward to it for ages!!

Good luck at Knockhill John!! Hope that you are not driving a slow Cooper S!!??

bpirie1000
20th April 2005, 08:29 PM
No Chance Of john Driving a Slow Car is tere.. Just wanna See how the other Driver Part and let John through. they'll be running scared Soon tehy just don't know it yet...

hee hee

john only has One Speed.. Flat out or not at all.... must be a mini thing...

cheers brizee

phantom
21st April 2005, 01:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

£10!!!!! EH!!!!!!! thats a bit steep isn't it!!!!

Sorry don't blame me, you get about 12 races for that though :)

eddie 44
21st April 2005, 06:31 AM
eddie should be there......:D last round was very entertaining :p
if its not snowing , bring the sun block.:p very strange weather up there.

weefossy
21st April 2005, 07:32 AM
We were up last time for rounds one and two and it was very exciting, especially as they reversed the grid for the second race.

Who's car are you driving John??

and yes it is cold!! By the way,it may be worth asking your friendly BMW dealing if they have any complimentary tickets from Auto Trader.

Big Gordy
21st April 2005, 04:10 PM
Might go to this:I Where do you lot normally meet up:question: at Duffus Dip / end of straight:question: Might not have the mini tho:I can i still come:I :p:D:approve:

bpirie1000
21st April 2005, 04:12 PM
John is Driving Mike Connons Car.. Red and BlackRoof...

Should be a good day.. lets get a List together..

1. John( AKA Mad max:approve:)
2. brizeee
3. Nenah
4. Julz & Rob
5. sleepyrascal
6. Phantom
7. Eddie44

Julz
21st April 2005, 05:42 PM
We'll be there!!:D

sleepyrascal
21st April 2005, 06:30 PM
Hey Brian..... check the 4th post :D

minimadtez
22nd April 2005, 01:33 AM
Ill be going.......gotta support dad :D

phantom
22nd April 2005, 04:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Might go to this:I Where do you lot normally meet up:question: at Duffus Dip / end of straight:question: Might not have the mini tho:I can i still come:I :p:D:approve:

Usual place is Duffus or the Hairpin, having said that only ever bumped into a few peeps at Knockhill :)

The Dogfather
22nd April 2005, 05:35 AM
Good Luck John!

Would have loved to be there, will you be racing again later this year?

bpirie1000
22nd April 2005, 04:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

John is Driving Mike Connons Car.. Red and BlackRoof...

Should be a good day.. lets get a List together..

1. John( AKA Mad max:approve:)
2. brizeee
3. Nenah
4. Julz & Rob
5. sleepyrascal
6. Phantom
7. Eddie44
8. Mini Tez....

Right how Abouts we meet at teh Duthie Park again??

Say about 7-7:30 leave Aberdeen... Anyone else want to meet along the way.. Shold be a good Day out.. Remember your warm clothes Everyone and were certain to get a hot day!!!!! Fingers Crossed....

Cheers Brizeeee.

Duncan Stewart
22nd April 2005, 04:57 PM
Show them how its done John ;) Cannot make this race but hope to see you later in the season :D

Julz
22nd April 2005, 05:02 PM
Can we tag on at Perth??:clown:

lightbody
22nd April 2005, 05:26 PM
Sounds good! £10 per car or per person? I'm sure last time I went it was something crazy like £20 or £25 per person but it might have been a special event...

I'm a maybe...

john
22nd April 2005, 05:28 PM
Adults £10 children under 13 Free
13-16 £5

Fontal
22nd April 2005, 05:55 PM
Good luck John and wap it up em ;)

ny152
22nd April 2005, 07:22 PM
If you take along the Motoring section from todays Sun then you get a two for one ticket deal on Sunday :).

bpirie1000
22nd April 2005, 07:50 PM
Julz. Nae Bother You can tag on in perth where about you wanna meet?? Or Will I call you when were almost there??

quality.. going to go get me a Sun then.... Cheers Goldmini.... you going to attend??

Rob You Going to attend??

ny152
22nd April 2005, 08:04 PM
quality.. going to go get me a Sun then.... Cheers Goldmini.... you going to attend??

If I can talk my 9 year old daughter into going...

Julz
22nd April 2005, 08:57 PM

Julz. Nae Bother You can tag on in perth where about you wanna meet?? Or Will I call you when were almost there??

Just give me a phone saves touring round to Broxden!! Any idea what time you'll be passing by??:clown:

john
22nd April 2005, 09:11 PM
Why Broxden???its out of the way coming from Aberdeen:)

Julz
22nd April 2005, 09:13 PM
There's nowhere else really on that side of Perth that I can meet you unless I hide on the slip road from Bridge of Earn!!:clown:

sleepyrascal
22nd April 2005, 09:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Goldmini

If you take along the Motoring section from todays Sun then you get a two for one ticket deal on Sunday :).

Sunday? Thought it was Saturday?

GAJ
22nd April 2005, 10:05 PM
Look at the title of the topic!

sleepyrascal
22nd April 2005, 10:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

mmmmmm yes the john smiths was enjoyable last night, and until 5am this morning. I'm catching up slowly. :I

bpirie1000
23rd April 2005, 12:49 AM
you still going to make it??

minimadtez
23rd April 2005, 01:33 AM

quote:Originally posted by GAJ

mmmmmm yes the john smiths was enjoyable last night, and until 5am this morning. I'm catching up slowly. :I

Dont worry Sleepy, i thought it was saturday too for some reason!

sleepyrascal
23rd April 2005, 03:39 AM

you still going to make it??

Oh helll yeh :D

MartinSullivan
23rd April 2005, 04:20 AM
Good luck John, dont think I am going to make it - but hope its a success :D

sleepyrascal
24th April 2005, 12:03 AM
so 7:30 duthie park?

minimadtez
24th April 2005, 01:13 AM
So i gotta get out of bed early?!?! ARGHH!!!

Julz
24th April 2005, 06:20 AM
So 7.30 DP, does that mean about 9/9.30 Perth??:eek:

Julz
24th April 2005, 06:25 AM
Hang on!!!! Just checked the Knockhill web site and it says the SMRC thingy tomorrow starts at 12.30!? What's the deal??:evil:

sleepyrascal
24th April 2005, 06:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Hang on!!!! Just checked the Knockhill web site and it says the SMRC thingy tomorrow starts at 12.30!? What's the deal??:evil:

mmmmmm i duno.... Brian said 7-7:30....

I was just going along with that..

MAybe its for the parking we need to be there eary or something..

Julz
24th April 2005, 06:56 AM
Just screwed my eyes up at the bit in yesterdays Sun (just back from my friends, and all she has to drink is the contents of her in-laws cocktail cabinet!!:p), it says practice starts at 8.30 and the racing starts at 11.30, doesn't say when the minis are on though!! I'll maybe check back here in the morning and see what the story is, if we don't tag on at Perth, then we'll see you all there tomorrow!!:D

GOOD LUCK JOHN!!!;):D;):D

minimadtez
24th April 2005, 06:58 AM
Meeting at duthie park at 8.30 am.....slightly more acceptable.

see u there :D

sleepyrascal
24th April 2005, 06:59 AM
We are now meeting at 8:30am Duthie Park

Any good Julz?

phantom
24th April 2005, 07:32 AM
I will be getting there about 11 ish as usual as the racing normally goes on till between 5 and 6pm.
If its not too cold I will have my trademark bush tucker hat on, or as my brother does say " a tw*t in a hat " so will be easy to spot.:cool:

Julz
24th April 2005, 03:03 PM
So 10ish at Perth then!? CAn someone maybe give me a phone/text when they're passing through Dundee to make sure I'm at Perth on time, and maybe another buzz when you're near the Friarton Bridge!! Ta!;)

(07960 747363)

Julz
25th April 2005, 02:44 AM
What a fantastic day!! We really enjoyed ourselves, will download the movies and pics and see if I actually managed to take anything decent!

Well done John, I don't think I've ever seen you grin so much, although I get the feeling that grin of yours will last for many many days!!:D:D:D:D

And... I got sunburn and a freckle outbreak!!:I

John is the one on the right, red cooper with the black bumper!

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Julz/59905.jpg

P.s. well done Terri's radiator, you beat John round the circuit anyway!!;):p

phantom
25th April 2005, 02:51 AM
Had a great day too, nice to meet some new faces to me, had to leave after 2nd Legend race as put wrong boots on and after Mini race hobbled back to car with blisters!
Will never forget the look on Terri's face when she realised that John wasn't joking that her radiator was to be lent to one of the other Mini racers! :cool:

Heather
25th April 2005, 02:54 AM
Great day out and along with Julz, I have managed to get a burnt nose and freckles! Johns race was very good and I will get GAJ to post some photos of the great man in action. Only john would choose to change his gearbox three hours before his race.:D

Interesting to see the 600 bhp Fiesta going up against the Porsche GT. Pity he could not drive it and I have some nice photos of when he crashed into the barrier in front of us and steam started billowing out of the bonnet. The XR2s were also very exciting:D

phantom
25th April 2005, 03:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by Heather

Great day out and along with Julz, I have managed to get a burnt nose and freckles! Johns race was very good and I will get GAJ to post some photos of the great man in action. Only john would choose to change his gearbox three hours before his race.:D

Interesting to see the 600 bhp Fiesta going up against the Porsche GT. Pity he could not drive it and I have some nice photos of when he crashed into the barrier in front of us and steam started billowing out of the bonnet. The XR3i's were also very exciting:D

I never saw you two, arr well next time.:)

GAJ
25th April 2005, 05:08 AM
For once it wasn't as cold as a witches t*t at Knockhill; not that it was weather for shorts either though, even for John! A very pleasurable day out was had and John drove well although the car didn't seem competitive, even after all the hard work. An hour and a half isn't bad going to change a gearbox; it takes ne longer to change a lightbulb!:p;) http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/images/john-at-work.jpg
<Insert spanner joke here!>
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/images/john-1.jpg
The car in front is a MINI, driven by Zoooooom!

Kosta
25th April 2005, 06:36 AM
Hi everyone, just registered after seeing the site name on the back of a few minis at Knockhill today. We were also competing! In the picture above that is one of our cars (Carl Bradley)

John, like the new gearbox matey?!

Big thanks to the girl who gave up her radiator for Ian Bradley!

Heather
25th April 2005, 06:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by Kosta

That girl was Johns daughter!

Kosta
25th April 2005, 06:50 AM
Awesome i thought so! Both teams were a bit busy to say the least after qualifying!

G2 - S
25th April 2005, 03:02 PM
Sounds like a great day. Sorry to have missed it John. By the way I love that spoiler;)! :D And respect to Tez sacrificing her rad.

Saw the BBR Beast Ninah on her way back up the road but for once she was behind someone>:eek:.

Glad everyone had a good day. We'll hopefully be at the next one instead of sitting in the office all weekend! :(

G2

Fontal
25th April 2005, 04:07 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::(:(:(:(

john
25th April 2005, 06:19 PM
Can you email me any photos from knockhill to john@dfcommunications.com cheers:)

Julz
25th April 2005, 06:25 PM
Sleepy is probably your best bet for good pics, especially one of you peeing blue!!:eek::p I might have a few ickle movie clips with peoples heads in the way!!;):D

bpirie1000
25th April 2005, 06:52 PM
Gear boxx in How long.. Think We are more qualified than J.C.....

mmmm Bring On the next Event!!!!!

sleepyrascal
25th April 2005, 08:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by john

Can you email me any photos from knockhill to john@dfcommunications.com cheers:)

I'll stick the photos on a cd and swing in past with them. They are pretty big files and i'll leave them that way.

It was a great day out!! Although I do have the most stupid looking pink face now after getting sun burn. The wind was so strong at the far side of the track I didn't notice the sun was so strong :(

I'll get some pics up on the site later today.;)

Julz
25th April 2005, 08:17 PM
It was a great day out!! Although I do have the most stupid looking pink face now after getting sun burn.

Glad it's not just me then!! Even better, Rob was wearing a hat so only has red cheeks and nose, his forehead is completely white!!:p

Kosta
25th April 2005, 08:19 PM
What was the deal with it actually being sunny and warm at Knockhill.. i was told to expect rain every weekend we're there! I was quite shocked to say the least!

minimadtez
25th April 2005, 11:56 PM

That would be me!
No problem.......was very stressful though!! Cheering on my dad and at the same time praying my radiator would be in one piece so i could get home!!
Dont worry Fontal, car is going as brill as usual....appears to have been put back together correctly :D

Fontal
25th April 2005, 11:59 PM
FWEW thank god for that :D:D

Gismo
26th April 2005, 12:34 AM
How did John get on, did he win :p

john
26th April 2005, 12:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

How did John get on, did he win :p

Dont be stupid:D

I will do a we story later:)

bpirie1000
26th April 2005, 12:45 AM
we won a prize for changing the gear box In record Time.. Such a Stickler..

Report in short Goes Like this..
John and I Spent a Night, last week Putting in a Gear box.. Car Now going ..

Take it to Track. Don't Quite get the power that is expected after qualifying so Quick decision and conversation around the Paddock and Wa, hay, hay
Were Getting Down to a gearbox exchange!!!!! Great Love it..
You should have seen the smile on his face.. Worth Every Momment i spent on that Pair of Gearboxes...

And The Result Well We finished in front of where we started That is the Best thing. Don't Actually Know where he finished was to worried the box would give up or if i had tightened all the bolts tight enough.. Then Spent 2 Hours Driving up the Friggin Road BED and SLEEP..........

sleepyrascal
26th April 2005, 04:31 AM

we won a prize for changing the gear box In record Time.. Such a Stickler..

Report in short Goes Like this..
John and I Spent a Night, last week Putting in a Gear box.. Car Now going ..

Take it to Track. Don't Quite get the power that is expected after qualifying so Quick decision and conversation around the Paddock and Wa, hay, hay
Were Getting Down to a gearbox exchange!!!!! Great Love it..
You should have seen the smile on his face.. Worth Every Momment i spent on that Pair of Gearboxes...

And The Result Well We finished in front of where we started That is the Best thing. Don't Actually Know where he finished was to worried the box would give up or if i had tightened all the bolts tight enough.. Then Spent 2 Hours Driving up the Friggin Road BED and SLEEP..........

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/20711/60058.jpg
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/20711/60057.jpg
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/20711/60054.jpg
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/20711/60049.jpg

sleepyrascal
26th April 2005, 04:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by Fontal

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::(:(:(:(

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/20711/60039.jpg

sleepyrascal
26th April 2005, 04:37 AM

What was the deal with it actually being sunny and warm at Knockhill.. i was told to expect rain every weekend we're there! I was quite shocked to say the least!

mmmmm Scotland.... Welcome to the country with the most dodgy weather in the world!:D

Kosta
26th April 2005, 06:41 AM

mmmmm Scotland.... Welcome to the country with the most dodgy weather in the world!:D

Well, i suppose its consistently wet so u know what to expect lol

I Want A Works
26th April 2005, 07:41 AM
Darn! I was in Portlehten at the weekend and Tez mentioned going to knockhill on Sunday. If I knew it was for that I'd have got out of my bed early and driven down (at a respectable distance since I had the Lguna, not the GTi) :(
Would have enjoyted the look on Terri's face to see Bumble's Radiator Removed! She stil sounded in shock when she phoned to tell me about it!:D:D

If your racing again John I'l be sure to try to get down.

sleepyrascal
26th April 2005, 08:27 AM
quote:

If your racing again John I'l be sure to try to get down. [/font=Comic Sans MS]

fancy yourself as a bit of a dancer do ya?? Why don't you just come to the race instead... Fintry, two weeks time.

Julz
26th April 2005, 04:11 PM
Sleepy, some fantastic pics there, obviously you have the ability to cheer and take pics at the same time, whereas I cheer and take blurs at the same time!!:p:D:clown: (hopefully I might have one decent mini movie, not downloaded them yet!:sleepy:)

Carlos
26th April 2005, 04:34 PM
good to see all the mini's at knockhill at the weekend. its good support! hope to see you all at fintray in 2 weeks. (6-7hour drive for me, bugga). its good to see you smiling john on those pictures of you changing you gearbox!!! and the those pictures of us battling are great. ive saved them already!!!

Carl Bradley, Coastal Racing

Kosta
26th April 2005, 04:47 PM
Awesome carl, so your computers sorted now?

Julz
26th April 2005, 07:28 PM
Nice of you to join us Carl! We might be making the trek to Fintray, but maybe not in my mini, depends on if it's back from the bodyshop, infact, it better be as the Dundee Cruise is on the 7th!!:clown: (unless you buy my mini then I can come in the evo!!:p)

Nenah
26th April 2005, 07:49 PM
Hey Carl - welcome to the site! It looks like we're generatig quite a buzz on here so I expect lots more memebers will cruise along for Fintray race to support all the guys on the hill.

John in Winnie may even be entered into abother catagory in the hillclimb race too...as well as competing in the Mini Challenge! ;)

bpirie1000
26th April 2005, 08:59 PM
John And Winnie...

Nice.. Can't wait to see Oh and Hear that.. 2 weeks and Counting...

Oh the Smile on Johns face will be HUGE.........

Bring On the hill....

sleepyrascal
26th April 2005, 09:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Carlos

good to see all the mini's at knockhill at the weekend. its good support! hope to see you all at fintray in 2 weeks. (6-7hour drive for me, bugga). its good to see you smiling john on those pictures of you changing you gearbox!!! and the those pictures of us battling are great. ive saved them already!!!

Those pics are cropped and zoomed a fair bit. I'll chuck the originals on some cds for anyone who wants them at Fintry.

john
26th April 2005, 10:29 PM

Those pics are cropped and zoomed a fair bit. I'll chuck the originals on some cds for anyone who wants them at Fintry.

Fintry??????????cant wait that long:clown::)

Carlos
27th April 2005, 02:57 AM
yeah that would be good!! is there any more pictures?

sleepyrascal
27th April 2005, 08:02 PM

yeah that would be good!! is there any more pictures?

Yeh there are a few more pics....

John, I'll get your CD down to you ASAP! I'll try n drop in past DF today with it;)

Kosta
30th April 2005, 06:04 PM
just a quick one... did anyone get any pictures of Ian Bradleys car sat on the tyres in qualifying?