PDA

View Full Version : ACTIVE TOPICS BUTTON

sleepyrascal
18th April 2005, 11:04 PM
I have come across 3 NMS users now who didn't know about the 'active topics' button at the top of the forum page.

If you click this button it will show only threads that you have not already read.

I think its becasue mini2 works differently that some people don't know about the button. I'm sure most of you use it, but for those who don't, try it. It will improve your life! :D

Wul
18th April 2005, 11:43 PM
<Family Fortunes Noise> Eh-Uh!!</Family Fortunes Noise>

Sleepy - the Active Topics button lists the threads which have been posted on since your last visit - irrespective if you've read them or not :clown:

Still a great button though so defo worth reminding people about it.

sleepyrascal
19th April 2005, 01:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Sleepy - the Active Topics button lists the threads which have been posted on since your last visit - irrespective if you've read them or not :clown:

Still a great button though so defo worth reminding people about it.

Yes WUL... So if a post has been posted, since your last visit, you wont have read it yet! CORRECT? So active topics lists only threads which you have not read (I actually meant replies you havn't read)

AT only shows threads which have changed since the time you select from the menu.

duncan
19th April 2005, 02:24 AM
Of all the buttons on NMS, its got to be one of my favourite buttons :D

Make it one of yours too!

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/active.asp

Big Col
19th April 2005, 03:50 PM
Actally as much as I hate doing it Sleepy I've got to back Wul up on this. If you visit the site, someone can post while you're there, you can read it then leave the site and it'd still show up in your active topics as it takes it's last visit time from the time you visit the site, not the time you leave it.

Now I'm going for a shower after having to agree with Wul. Ick!!!

sleepyrascal
19th April 2005, 07:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Actally as much as I hate doing it Sleepy I've got to back Wul up on this. If you visit the site, someone can post while you're there, you can read it then leave the site and it'd still show up in your active topics as it takes it's last visit time from the time you visit the site, not the time you leave it.

Now I'm going for a shower after having to agree with Wul. Ick!!!

AWWW thats just a mere technicality!!! :D

:mad: I DONT WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE!!! :mad:

:D;)

Wul
19th April 2005, 10:22 PM
:cool:<Whistles innocently>:cool:not much doing here then :p

Heh heh - sorry Sleepy - couldnae resist trying one of Big Cols tricks yesterday - work really was boring me!! ;):clown:

sleepyrascal
19th April 2005, 10:27 PM
haha Wul.

As long as i know i'm right, thats all that matters ;););):D

Wul
19th April 2005, 10:50 PM
yup sleepy - i agree with you - "i'm right" :p;):D