PDA

View Full Version : Shoppie

Gismo
5th March 2003, 05:37 AM
Hey, anyone know how shoppie got on with his car, did he get it replaced

(I'm a big haggis now, whoo hoo ;):clown:)

bonnie scotland

Julz
5th March 2003, 05:39 AM
I think I've just graduated too! I was trying to reply to another thread and it ran away? BS, you were last on it, what did you do???:clown::evil:

Gismo
5th March 2003, 05:46 AM
????????????????

Monsta Mo Mini
5th March 2003, 05:49 AM
That'll have been me - I just accidentally deleted a topic..... er....by accident....oops:I:approve:

Julz
5th March 2003, 05:50 AM
Ah, thank God it wasn't me then!!:p

minidriver#1
5th March 2003, 05:51 AM
what happened to his car?

Gismo
5th March 2003, 05:52 AM
Yeah, stick to the thread, you guys

bonnie scotland

minidriver#1
5th March 2003, 05:56 AM
sorry, i should introduce my self. I'm KJ.... innit. but aye, what happened to the car?

Monsta Mo Mini
5th March 2003, 05:58 AM
In answer to the original post ....
I dunno... he's not made an appearance in here yet...probably cause he doesn't have a MINI:disapprove: I reckon he should get a new one.

KJ - his car kept konking out at the most inopportune moments and BMW can't figure out what the problem is. They've now had his car for weeks.

minidriver#1
5th March 2003, 05:59 AM
id ont have a mini either.... cos its not arrived yet :( well, it has but i cant pick it up till April 1st :'( i'm hoping its the right spec. might go and check it out on the weekend to make sure.

Monsta Mo Mini
5th March 2003, 06:01 AM
What dealer are you getting it from?

minidriver#1
5th March 2003, 06:05 AM
John Clark, Dundee. i dont know if it has actually arrived, but its build and ready cos i phoned em up. Contemplating getting the audio module but not sure.

Julz
5th March 2003, 06:07 AM
KJ, meant to tell you before, there's a mini, i think it's a cooper, in your colour sitting in JC's showroom!!:eek:

minidriver#1
5th March 2003, 06:13 AM
yah, the one in the showroom is the same colour as mine, but its a display model. do you think they'll notice if i take it for a 'drive'? God i want it. lol. A woman i work with just got a black cooper white roof and stripes and its beautiful. she was showing me it and i felt like asking her to take me for a ride in it. Love that go-kart feeling.

Linda M
5th March 2003, 06:17 AM
Hello KJ :)

minidriver#1
5th March 2003, 06:19 AM
hello. heh. another S owner i see :) btw. Stouffer's stripes are the ****. Where did you get em from? i'm having a hard time choosing stripes cos of the color of my cooper.

Linda M
5th March 2003, 06:28 AM
The dealership got them from MINI then fitted them although they were a nightmare to fit and it took the body shop guy 3 attempts to get it right. Willie isn't all that pleased with them actually, they are very very fine and he doesn't think they'll last that well.

minidriver#1
5th March 2003, 06:30 AM
i see. might be best to do some further research then. I just want the tints and some chrome wheels and that'll do me :) been driving a pug 106 for the past 4 yrs so its all new to me.

Linda M
5th March 2003, 06:35 AM
There's plenty of ideas out there :)

Wul
5th March 2003, 06:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

The dealership got them from MINI then fitted them although they were a nightmare to fit and it took the body shop guy 3 attempts to get it right. Willie isn't all that pleased with them actually, they are very very fine and he doesn't think they'll last that well.

On my way back from Dunedin MINI this morning i saw a red ONE with Black viper stripes in the Duddingston area, have to say it didn't look as good as willie m's stripes.

miniscot00
5th March 2003, 07:01 PM
I've had a bit of experience with vehicle liveries and found that if they make the vinyl too thick it would spring up in the bumpier bits around the front spoiler and boot.

Linda M
5th March 2003, 09:30 PM
Interesting, seeing as Willie was greeting his beads out last night when he came in about how crap quality he thinks the viper stripes are. This is all I've heard for the last few days :disapprove:
I think he's just looking for a excuse to go order a new one ;)

Willie M
5th March 2003, 09:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

Interesting, seeing as Willie was greeting his beads out last night when he came in about how crap quality he thinks the viper stripes are. This is all I've heard for the last few days :disapprove:
I think he's just looking for a excuse to go order a new one ;)
No No Noooooooo!!! I won't be ordering a new one (or a ONE):p

The vinyl my stripes are made from is wafer thin and is heat sealed onto the car. You've gotta be real 'gentle' when washing the car, I'm frighted I scratch or tear the vinyl. Also found a little corner the other day where the Vinyl is about to come free from the body :(

Stouff's going into the dealers next week to have a nasty 'clunking' sound from the rear quarter investigated. I will be politely asking them to have a good look at the stripes too :blackeye:

I really like the silver stripes on my car but they've been a real pain in the a**. If the dealers can't get it sorted I think Stouff could be in for a 'makeover' this summer :cool:

Willie M
5th March 2003, 09:46 PM
Back to topic.

I was talking to Shoppie on Sunday and he is at the point of trying to get a replacement car from the dealers. They don't seem to be too confident about finding a fix. His car has been kicking itself into 'safe mode', cuts the engine speed down to about 2500rpm. They've changed various electrical components, including the on-board computer, but it's still acting up.

I feel really sorry for him :( Hope he gets a fix, or a new MINI soon.

knaone
5th March 2003, 10:06 PM
I hope Shoppie will get something sorted soon, it seemed to take Scott a while to get Clarks to do something about his!!

David

minidriver#1
5th March 2003, 11:20 PM
yeah, i hope he gets a replacement because you dont really want a car thats causing that much of a problem. its probably a safer bet to get a replacement because he'll end up with a mini made up of multi generation parts which might cause problems in the future.

scott shand
6th March 2003, 06:08 PM
you can only take so much, but if you are not willing to take the hard line (which i did) they will not replace the car cause its not worth £££ them to do so!i took the hard line and got a replacement car.

Julz
7th March 2003, 04:56 AM
Ah, well now Scott. I've been hearing a rumour about you selling your mini and getting a rival car, also german, and very common, now on their 5th or 6th version!! Answers on a postcard please to - scott_are_you_mad.com!!

Linda M
7th March 2003, 06:09 AM
Don't do it Scott :eek:

Gismo
7th March 2003, 08:35 PM
So, did Shoppie get his car replaced or not, am i gonna have to phone John Clarks myself

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
7th March 2003, 11:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

So, did Shoppie get his car replaced or not, am i gonna have to phone John Clarks myself Bonnie Scotland
Yes :D

Monsta Mo Mini
8th March 2003, 12:54 AM
Shoppies ears must be burning! All this talk about him and he hasn't put in an appearance yet!:question::p

john
8th March 2003, 01:06 AM
I think he has gone to the shoppie for a new car

shoppie
8th March 2003, 06:09 AM
Right! Ok..Ok... I'll join!!!!

Actually I forgot to join on Sunday after the exciting MINI Run I was on with no MINI.

Back to the tread though - Last update as of Fri 5pm ...
I was driving to Glasgow this AM in the courtesy BMW316i, when what should I see but my MINI being loaded onto a truck for recovery back to John Clarks having broke down again!!! It seems that a staff member had taken it home to Perth for a final road test after its repair???? before it was returned to me and was making his way to work when it gave up again. This time it went into "safe-mode" (15mph) for a short while then gave up altogether!
(For the new folks... this is what it has been doing for the past 5 weeks at John Clarks)
Anyway after hearing more from the after-sales manager he decided enough is enough. A new car is the only answer. I agreed and told him I had no confidence in that car now and a replacement was the only answer for me.

I should have final confirmation from Bracknell by Tues.

I'll keep you posted

Howard

Willie M
8th March 2003, 08:31 AM
Sorry to hear that your wee car seems to have finally expired Shoppie :( Good to hear that your dealer is going down the replacement route though, hope you don't have to wait too long for your new arrival and I look forward to seeing you back on the road again soon.

Gismo
8th March 2003, 06:47 PM
Congrats for the dealer, hope the wait is not too long

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
8th March 2003, 10:50 PM
Hope you get a replacement ok Howard :)

scott shand
13th March 2003, 04:23 AM
bumped into shoppie today the news is that he is getting a new car! so all is good