PDA

View Full Version : Crail for Max Power (updated)

empi67
14th April 2005, 03:29 AM
Ok Shall we say
9:30am Sunday the 1st of May KFC carpark in Dundee, then head through for Crail.

Should aim to be in Crail for 10:30 so anyone else coming along can meet us there so we can at least all get an area together ;)

hows this sounding so far?

P.s anyone that is coming be able to supple NMS Stickers?..:D

1: Empi67
2: KJ_Innit
3: Sleepyrascal
4: Julz
5: Hyperflick
6: Mini Martyn
7: Kinghorn
8: Scottiecoop
9: BonnieScotland??

minidriver#1
14th April 2005, 03:39 AM
i'll go, finally i'll be free to attend a mag event, hopefully they'll see my brakes lol.

Where are you ?
ooh i just looked at your profile, your based in Dundee. I'm in the creative industry too :) look forward to meeting you man.

sleepyrascal
14th April 2005, 03:59 AM
Ah well, its the resident 3d games/maxmodel designer here so lets make a real creative group!

I'm up for it.

KINGHORN
14th April 2005, 04:27 AM
think im gonna gio

Scottie
14th April 2005, 04:44 AM
Well we will be @ Crail that weekend anyway staying @ the Caravan park just a stones throw away might come along in my Scooby.:cool:

minidriver#1
14th April 2005, 04:48 AM
you should :) it'd be good ot have a wee meet at the event :)

Gismo
14th April 2005, 04:06 PM
Providing i'm home i might make this :) will be in the scooby though ;)

Julz
14th April 2005, 04:10 PM
We might go! WIll most likely still have the mini by then!:clown: (unless it's in the bodyshop getting tarted up!:p)

empi67
14th April 2005, 09:16 PM
Ahh excellent...Yeah if we can organise a time and place for everyone that will be travelling down all the better :)

Ahh all these creative types and fellow Max users.. aww bless i feel right at home here now.

Gismo
14th April 2005, 11:13 PM
Usual meet place in Dundee is the KFC just off the kingsway, if someone posts the start time at Crail, or, indeed what time you want to get there for, then, post up a time for meeting in Dundee :cool:

Mini Martyn
15th April 2005, 07:09 PM
Hey I think i might come along to, will be free that weekend as girlfreind is in London for the weekend!! What car will I bring, mmm.....................probably the Mini!!

Julz
15th April 2005, 08:01 PM
Looks like we'll be a definate, car goes to bodyshop on the 2nd!!:)

hyperflick
16th April 2005, 12:50 AM
Think i might tag along to this one guys... might be good fun:):)

Only thing is I'll be coming from Edinburger so let me know what time

your all meeting at Crail and I'll meet ya there:D:D:D:D

Julz
18th April 2005, 04:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by hyperflick
your all meeting at Crail and I'll meet ya there:D:D:D:D

Yaaaaayyyy!!:p Might be best if you lurk about Crail itself before we get to the airfield so we can all park together!!:D

Mini Martyn
18th April 2005, 08:16 PM
So when and where are wee going to meet?

empi67
18th April 2005, 09:12 PM
ok Like Bonnie Scotland said. KFC in Dundee...
As for times i am still looking for when this starts as id doesnt say on the website.

Anyone out there know?

Julz
18th April 2005, 09:24 PM
I think it usually starts at about 10am, but I'll try and find out!!:clown:

hyperflick
18th April 2005, 10:19 PM
Early rise for me that day then....:(

Anyone else going from the east side so we could maybe meet up?:):):)

Mini Martyn
19th April 2005, 12:05 AM
Sory for being stupid but where is muslebrugh?

Julz
19th April 2005, 12:09 AM
It's the under-carriage of Edinburger!!;) (Doon, roond and to the right a bit!!):p:D

Mini Martyn
19th April 2005, 06:13 PM
Is their any of the Glasgow Mafia going? (mini, adventure, for, insane, adults)

Julz
19th April 2005, 06:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

Is their any of the Glasgow Mafia going? (mini, adventure, for, insane, adults)

:D:D:D:D

Mini Martyn
21st April 2005, 06:49 PM
Ok so what are the final numbers and is their any thoughts on a meeting place and time? :cool:

empi67
21st April 2005, 08:35 PM
See front page for details...

also let me know and i`ll add your name to the first page that you are going..

:)

Mini Martyn
21st April 2005, 08:43 PM
Im defo going, and so are some other Glasgow boys, dont know if i can be bothered going to Dundeee for 9.30am, could meet somewhere in Crail or St Andrews or Elie?

empi67
21st April 2005, 08:45 PM
Aww Dundee`s lovely at that time...most the natives dont rise out of the reservations until late ;)

Well... err whats everyone else think about the time? Too early for a Sunday? let me know

Julz
25th April 2005, 07:58 PM
We're only 15 minutes from KFC so 9.30 isn't too bad for us, best bet is to wait and see what the Aberdeen lot think too, Martyn, what sort of time (during daylight hours!) would you prefer then eh?:p

minidriver#1
25th April 2005, 08:02 PM
a meet in St Andrews would be sweet.

Mini Martyn
25th April 2005, 08:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

We're only 15 minutes from KFC so 9.30 isn't too bad for us, best bet is to wait and see what the Aberdeen lot think too, Martyn, what sort of time (during daylight hours!) would you prefer then eh?:p

Haha very funny, i will have you know I was out running on saturday at 8.00am!!!! :p

Their is a croud of us glasweegans going through so would love to meet in the crail area so that we can cruise in and park toghether?

I will be going on the track!! :D

Scottie
26th April 2005, 04:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

Haha very funny, i will have you know I was out running on saturday at 8.00am!!!! :p

Their is a croud of us glasweegans going through so would love to meet in the crail area so that we can cruise in and park toghether?

I will be going on the track!! :D

right we are defo going but in the Scooby.

Will be travelling from Larbert.

What about meeting @ Kinross for anybody coming that way.

We will be going through Cupar taking the road through pitscottie
then out towards crail some nice wee twisties.:D

Julz
26th April 2005, 04:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
We will be going through Cupar

Give my evo a wave as you drive past eh!!:p

hyperflick
26th April 2005, 06:23 PM
Scottie... What about Kinross service station:question:

And what time do ya wanna meet:question:

I'm coming from Musselburgh which will take about 30-45mins to get to the services:):):)

Scottie
26th April 2005, 06:37 PM

Scottie... What about Kinross service station:question:

And what time do ya wanna meet:question:

I'm coming from Musselburgh which will take about 30-45mins to get to the services:):):)

goodstuff Hyperflick take you mean the moto services just of the motorway

I'm up for meeting @ maybe some of the Glasgow yins will aswell.;)

AT a guess it should take us about 1 hr or so from Kinross services (moto).

What time is everyone getting to crail for.

hyperflick
26th April 2005, 07:14 PM
I think they're meeting for about 10.30am but still to
decide where we're all meeting up in Crail before going
onto the airfield:):):D:D:D

Think D2 is coming aswell so will try not to be late...
Thats me cousin (the driving instructor) but he never runs on time!!!
:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

empi67
27th April 2005, 04:04 AM
ok anyone know of a good general place to meet in St Andrews or Crail?

I am easy

Scottie
27th April 2005, 04:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by empi67

ok anyone know of a good general place to meet in St Andrews or Crail?

I am easy

since there is not loads of us what about the secret bunker car park only about 5 mins from crail saves us travelling from the west going all the way to st andrews
or down by the beach @ st andrews might have to pay a £ though.

Julz
27th April 2005, 04:36 PM
Ok, I've had a thought, it doesn't happen often so brace yourselves!! Seeing as the Marketgait is shut and the diversion is a pain in the <ahem>, why don't the northern constabulary meet at McD's at Asda then float down Dock Street from there, less traffic lights and confusing junctions!!:clown:

empi67
28th April 2005, 04:44 AM
Sounds like a plan then... McDonalds and then to the secret bunker where ever that is...

Shhhhh its a secret

Scottie
28th April 2005, 04:53 AM

Sounds like a plan then... McDonalds and then to the secret bunker where ever that is...

Shhhhh its a secret

ok what time @ the secret bunker:question:

KINGHORN
28th April 2005, 07:38 PM
ANY ONE FROM ABERDEEN GOING

empi67
28th April 2005, 09:03 PM
ok shall we all say 10:30 at the secret Bunker?... then just head through to crail once everyones there

Scottie
28th April 2005, 09:19 PM

ok shall we all say 10:30 at the secret Bunker?... then just head through to crail once everyones there

ok by me so who is meeting at the moto serevices Kinross 9.15am. Anyone apart from me and hyperflick:question:

hyperflick
28th April 2005, 10:25 PM
9.15am eh?:eek:....

Yeah thats fine Scottie, I'll be there on time and if
D2 wants to come thru with me he'll just need to shift
his a$$:):):):D:D:D

If you haven't gathered he's not a morning person!!!:dead::dead::dead:

Julz
28th April 2005, 11:37 PM
So does that mean about 10am at McD'S!!:clown:

phantom
29th April 2005, 02:36 AM
I cant go now as I have to work!:(

Scottie
29th April 2005, 06:43 AM
9.15am eh?:eek:....

Yeah thats fine Scottie, I'll be there on time and if
D2 wants to come thru with me he'll just need to shift
his a$$:):):):D:D:D

If you haven't gathered he's not a morning person!!!:dead::dead::dead:

mind we will be in a blue scooby:D

sleepyrascal
29th April 2005, 09:07 AM
I'll hopefully be there. I'm lost with all the meeting points so i'll just follow someone. Preferably someone who is going to Crail.

Julz
29th April 2005, 05:27 PM
Do you know how to get to McD's at the big Asda?:sleepy:

sleepyrascal
29th April 2005, 06:15 PM

Do you know how to get to McD's at the big Asda?:sleepy:

big Asda where?

Julz
29th April 2005, 06:25 PM
When you get to the Kingsway, you turn left instead of right!!:clown:

Hopefully this (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=342810&y=732070&z=3&sv=342500,732500&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&dn=744) should help!! Best going to the roundabout before turning left instead of the wee yellow road, then it's a left again at the ickle roundabout, but you'll suss it out when you get there!!;):D

p.s. the double roundabout on the left of the pic at the 'sweet factory' is the one where the A90 meets the Kingsway!

Gismo
29th April 2005, 06:52 PM
Not made my mind up yet, but, what time at Asda :I
There's so many times and meeting points mentioned :p:evil::cool:

sleepyrascal
29th April 2005, 07:03 PM

When you get to the Kingsway, you turn left instead of right!!:clown:

Hopefully this (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=342810&y=732070&z=3&sv=342500,732500&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&dn=744) should help!! Best going to the roundabout before turning left instead of the wee yellow road, then it's a left again at the ickle roundabout, but you'll suss it out when you get there!!;):D

p.s. the double roundabout on the left of the pic at the 'sweet factory' is the one where the A90 meets the Kingsway!

Ah Kingsway.. Dundee... i with ya!!!!

Scottie
29th April 2005, 07:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Not made my mind up yet, but, what time at Asda :I
There's so many times and meeting points mentioned :p:evil::cool:

going to be a fair few scoobies from sidc there :D:p and couple going on the track then to finish a BBQ:D

hyperflick
29th April 2005, 10:00 PM
quote:mind we will be in a blue scooby:D

Yeah not a problem, I'm Hyperblue cooper s....:):):p:p:D:D:D as you've probably gathered!!!

empi67
30th April 2005, 07:18 PM
Excellent..hopefully this weather keeps up for tomorrow... see you all in McD`s then...

Gismo
30th April 2005, 07:48 PM
see you all in McD`s then...
What time :question:

empi67
30th April 2005, 11:34 PM
Still the same time..9:30 until 10 at the latest at McD`s by Asda in Dundee then secret bunker for 10:30 ish.

sleepyrascal
1st May 2005, 04:43 PM
we are leaving from aberdeen in 10 mins. We might not make it on time to Dundee due to the footbal being on and the a90 being over runwith police. I'll give it my best shot though. If you guys move off before i get to dundee ill give one of you a phone.. probably Julz because I dont have anyone elses number I dont think.

Cheers

Gismo
1st May 2005, 07:33 PM
Sorry peeps, ended up not going, mainly due to the weather, hope you have a fun day though :p

minidriver#1
1st May 2005, 11:08 PM
it was sh*te cos of the weather, left around 2ish :'(

Julz
1st May 2005, 11:11 PM
Yup, I came home, had a shower to try and dry off then spent the next 5 mins cleaning up cat sick!!:dead: I think I might spend the rest of the day on the sofa with a cup of tea watching Disney films!!:clown:

MartinSullivan
1st May 2005, 11:37 PM

I think I might spend the rest of the day on the sofa with a cup of tea watching Disney films!!:clown:

;), you've got plenty to go at Julz :p

sleepyrascal
2nd May 2005, 02:51 AM
I ended up getting parked down near the track so stayed until about 3:45... It's not like I could get any more wet!

There was two little bastards on the drag strip, both about 19 or 20, one driving a Porsche Cayenne Turbo, The other driving a big X5... The X5 won!

Also there was some stunt guy in the drift arena doing some crazy stuff in brand new impreza, followed by some dude in an articulated lorry tractor unit doing donuts n stuff. A good laugh.

The best bit was the public free drive. Basically, a big bit of tar, soaking wet, and one at a time random people ould take their car on it and do what they like. It was the most sketchy thing ive ever seen! Some guy came on with an evo 7 and clearly had no idea how to drive it! Very amusing!

Nice to meet you KJ and Emp. And also the other girl although I dont know who you were:I ... The reason Julz went home is becasue she went in a huff after seeing a yellow evo exacty the same as the one shes waiting for ;);):D

Scottie
2nd May 2005, 03:56 AM
that was one wet day soaked.
Past a few broken down modded cars on the road back and went through some major puddles:D

sleepyrascal
2nd May 2005, 06:28 AM
Oh and sorry Julz.. I ony got your texts when I was passing through Dundee becasue I left my phone on silent and in the car.. DOH!

empi67
2nd May 2005, 04:48 PM
All i can say is i am so Terribly Terrible Sorry hehe...

What a nightmare.. Well still good to meet up with you lot.
Ended up not driving back to Dundee in the nude.. Wish i had though as the moisture has left some stains on my seats!?!?!?!? hmmm hope they come out.

What luck though.. worst weather of the year..sigh.

Julz
2nd May 2005, 05:17 PM
Not to worry Ewan, seeing that evo confirmed my desire for the monster and saved me from having to go to Fife Mitsi looking like I'd been swimming! I wasn't sure if you'd stayed or not as there was a BRG mini about 8 cars ahead, but couldn't make out if it was you or not! Anyway, there had been an accident at the Tay Bridge and the tail backs were huuuuuge, so I was just checking if you'd avoided them or not, but obviously by staying in Crail, you had!!:I:clown:

And what was the deal with a certain dark silver S with an aero kit, centre exit exhaust and lots of gadgets inside??:p

Ah well, amusing day had by all, especially as the rainfall intensity was gauged by how quickly it was running down Sleepys nose!!:p:D

hyperflick
2nd May 2005, 05:25 PM
quote:Nice to meet you KJ and Emp. And also the other girl although I dont know who you were:kiss:

That would of been me:D:D:D....
I can only apologise for looking like a DROWNED RAT!!!:(:(:(

I do normally look better than that but with the terrential rain
matting my hair and making it fuzzy:eek::eek:
Then the weight of the water that my trousers had managed to absorb
nearly de-kegging me:dead::dead: I accept that I looked...Well just a mess basically:dead::dead::dead:

Nice to meet you and Vicky, and also Empi67 and Kinghorn...:D:D
Scottie, thanks for meeting me at the Moto and hope to see you all again soon:):):D:D:D

Martin... dissapointed you were leaving as we were arriving :(:(but if you had already got as soaked as what we ended up getting then your forgiven:):):)

It really isn't that nice driving home that wet....:dead::dead::dead:

sleepyrascal
2nd May 2005, 06:10 PM

quote:Nice to meet you KJ and Emp. And also the other girl although I dont know who you were:kiss:

That would of been me:D:D:D....
I can only apologise for looking like a DROWNED RAT!!!:(:(:(

I think we all resembled some kind of drowned rodent.. ..:D

Julz, there was no sign of any accident when we crossed the Tay bridge fortunately. Yes that was me just up ahead of you when you were leaving.

As for my nose performing the role of weather monitor, glad I could be of assistance! <mental note, in heavy rain, never sniff!!>

I still think we would all have been fine if we stayed in the big white tent ;);););););););););););) Especially KJ Empi and myself!! :D

Issi
2nd May 2005, 10:05 PM
That is just typical a meet in Crail on Sunday and I was up at the folks on Friday afternoon, but came back down the road on Saturday boo hoo (next time I will try and get there)!!!

Mini Martyn
3rd May 2005, 05:21 PM
What started crap ended up a good day for me (once i Dryed out), soz i missed you all although it was nice to wave at you all when i was leaving!!

Went to Anstruther after for a haggis supper!!?? :D

Julz you must of been either ahead of us or behind us at the tay bridge, was it the accident with the corsa's? We went to Aberdeen after to see John (driving some kind of Jap car?!?)

Look forward to seeing you all on a DRY day or a more organised WET day, going out to buy a pair of fishermans oil skins!!?? :D