PDA

View Full Version : scottish mini weekend 9 & 10 august 2003

seany
18th July 2003, 01:33 PM
scottish mini weekend 9 &10 august 2003 scone plalace perth,i jist thought i would put this up to let yous know about it, www.caledonianminiclub.com:question:

macblob
18th July 2003, 06:37 PM
Im planning on going for at least a day , dunno about camping over, will see what the weather is doing nearer the time :D

Burple
19th July 2003, 12:37 AM
The Party on the Sat night is usually worth the camping...
I got to bed at 6.30 am at the last one...
mmm... Miller and Jim Beam... :D;) (not together tho! :D
Woohoo!! And it's closer to me this year as well at last!!!!

minidriver#1
19th July 2003, 12:41 AM
i saw this advertised at the Classic motor show in Glamis the other week. Sounds good, any of you guys been before?

seany
21st July 2003, 11:08 PM
me and the miss are going 2 be camping over,first time going but will be good

Monsta Mo Mini
21st July 2003, 11:26 PM
Could be tempted.....;):)

Julz
22nd July 2003, 04:39 PM
Depends on if BabyB is back from the hospital:D

Burple
22nd July 2003, 06:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

i saw this advertised at the Classic motor show in Glamis the other week. Sounds good, any of you guys been before?

Yes... every year since it was started!!! (got all 5 stickers now! woohoo!!)
Usually help out with the organisation, parking, camping etc..

Think we need to have a presence!!! :D:D:D:D
Like I said... the Party on the Saturday night is usually a stormer with our resident DJ English Peter!!! :D:cool::D

I'll definitely be there. better go dig the tent out!

Any of the Aberdeen 'family' coming down?

knaone
22nd July 2003, 10:34 PM
What do you mean you have all 5 stickers? i have 5 and missed the 2002 one... no stickers now then? :eek:

Burple
23rd July 2003, 12:58 AM
Duh.. David...
2002 = IMM.... No Mini Weekend... ;);)
I'll put that down to a 'Blonde Moment'... :D

knaone
23rd July 2003, 02:07 AM
:disapprove: doh!

Didnt know... been a bit out of mini stuff when the classic went! wanted my stickers to go with the car but the way it went wasnt possible so i might just have to keep em hehehe :evil::p

lightbody
25th July 2003, 06:07 PM
I'll be there on the Clan stand.

Julz
26th July 2003, 01:03 AM
was going to borrow my brothers 9 man tent, but the 9th is when BabyB goes to the plastic surgeons!!:D

Krusty
29th July 2003, 08:53 PM
Myself and Zippy wont be coming down for this one - it's the Fintray Hill Climb on the Saturday and Knockhill on the Sunday. I'm sure you'll all party enough for us!?!?!

GAJ
29th July 2003, 10:28 PM
Cannae make this one. Got a wedding in Direlton to go to. I know which I would rather go to though...

Mini Martyn
29th July 2003, 10:43 PM
Dont know if Ill make it as my Baby is still Bruised, will wait intill its better I think.

Willie M
30th July 2003, 08:01 PM
Mibees aye, mibees naw 8)

macblob
31st July 2003, 03:52 AM
Willie going to the weekend , might keep Linda oot the shops for a bit :D

Willie M
31st July 2003, 03:43 PM
True macblob, but there might be stalls there where she can buy things :eek::eek:

macblob
1st August 2003, 07:29 AM
mmmmmmm stalls to buy things, better take the cheque book and pen:D

Burple
1st August 2003, 05:50 PM
Ok... Neck sticking out time, as there's not been too much advertising of the weekend...

Was at the CMC Meeting last night.
Apparently....

...There will be plenty of trade stalls during the day with the show 'n shine on the sunday.
For the evening entertainment there will be a disco supplied by the venerable dj English Pete (as always - guaranteed to be lots of fun!!!) the disco will be in the main stand of the racecourse, outdours with some cover, and a couple of bars for those in need of a lemonade or a babycham (for those hardened drinkers out there!)
Please note that you can bring your own 'liquid refreshments' but no glass bottles please!
(Scone racecourse rules, not CMC)

Anyone who wants to meet up for a quiet ;) cup of tea and a scone, (no, a scone... not a Scone...;)) I'll most likely be found in close proximity to the bar!!! :D:D:D
See yer there!!!
Ewan :cool:

seany
6th August 2003, 01:31 AM
CALUM WHAT ABOUT A CLUB STAND?

Burple
6th August 2003, 01:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by seany

dunno, but it might be too late...
if anyone is interested in having one on the day, and we can get one, let me know and I'll try get it organised if you like...

Ewan :D

Monsta Mo Mini
6th August 2003, 01:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by seany

Maybe next year....

I'm hoping to come along at some point over the weekend and guage reaction to the new MINI fraternity from the classic crowd.

I know some of the shows down south have resulted in a lot of bad feeling between the two camps.

So who all is going?

seany
6th August 2003, 01:43 AM
i am going, but with the minis in inverness lot, but if the mini scotland had a club stand then i would be at it, but as you said calum maybe next year.

macblob
6th August 2003, 01:48 AM
Im still planning on going for at least the saturday if not the entire weekend

Burple
6th August 2003, 07:13 AM
I'll definitely be there.... from sometime on Saturday afternoon till sometime on Sunday...
Probably until either the hangover goes away, or I get bored!! ;)

Don't be afraid to say hi to the wee nutter with the shaved head!! and the Pepper White Cooper :D I won't bite....
unless you ask REALLY REALLY nicely!! :D:D

I think there's a few from the Clan going too?

Most of the bad feeling is just silliness... sadly, people just need something to dislike.
How many people out there had MPi Coopers? Who owned the company at that time? hmmmm.. ;)
And how many New MINI Owners have had Classic Minis in the past? I know I have! Every Car I've had (except my first, but let's not go there!! ;) heh heh heh)
Since when has the friendly Mini culture been about alienation of your friends?
Would you really turn your back on your friend if he / she bought a house rather than a flat? a Miller rather than a Stella (reasurringly sh*tfaced! ;))???
Do Austin Mini owners hate Rover / Morris / BL Mini owners? Get a grip people!! I'm sure Wars have started for less!! ;):D
Some people really need to stop being narrow minded!
/Rant over... sorry... dunno how that got out!! :D

Anyway guys... come say hi!! I'll be wandering about as usual blethering nonsense to anyone who'll listen!! :D:D

Duncan Stewart
6th August 2003, 04:42 PM
I'll be there and as a recent member of the caledonia mini club I have agreed to help out - what have I let myself in for!

Burple
6th August 2003, 07:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

I'll be there and as a recent member of the caledonia mini club I have agreed to help out - what have I let myself in for!

Ha ha ha...
It won't be that bad....
I was away camping with them a few weeks ago... and there was no grief...
just the usual slagging off from a couple of mates! ;)

Linda M
6th August 2003, 10:46 PM
We're taking both MINI's up on the Sat, going with The Clan and meeting up at South Queensferry for the convoy :cool: Are you going to meet up with us macblob :question:

Big Col
6th August 2003, 11:18 PM
What time will this thing wrap up on the Sunday?

Burple
7th August 2003, 12:17 AM
Usually when people get bored... round about 4 o'clock / half 4 ish....
usually whe the prize giving for the Show'n'shine is done...

macblob
7th August 2003, 01:28 AM
What time on sat and where abouts Linda,

ill be coming from Edinburgh, but would be cool to meet up

Willie M
7th August 2003, 03:50 PM
There's a few Mini Clan folk meeting up at the new Tesco (South Queensferry) at 11am on Saturday for an 11.15am departure to Perth. We're hitching up with a friend in Linlithgow and then heading out there.

It'd be great if you wanted to meet up at S. Queensferry Brian, you'd be more than welcome :cool:

Willie M
7th August 2003, 11:52 PM
Change of plan Brian
I've e-mailed you Brian. Slight change in meeting place for Saturday's run up to Perth. Hopefully see / hear from you :cool:

macblob
8th August 2003, 01:29 AM
Willie email hasnt appeared as of yet . the wonders of technology eh!!!!

Where u guys meeting now?

Would enjoy a convoy up to Perth instead of just going up maself

cheers Brian

macblob
8th August 2003, 01:37 AM
got the mail, spoke to soon

lol

cheers Willie , ive sent a mail back:D

Monsta Mo Mini
8th August 2003, 11:36 PM
Remeber Folks! Take lots of NMS flyers and stick em on every new MINI visible! ;):D
Hope to make it up at some point over the weekend. Lots of family stuff this weekend tho.8)

Julz
9th August 2003, 04:27 AM
I think we'll be going on sunday cause we're going to try and get a new kitten, seeing as the one we've got is called daisy, what about Stouffer as a name for the new one??:D:D

Linda M
9th August 2003, 06:29 AM
You can't name the poor wee kitten Stouffer :evil: Stouffer is far too famous now anyway and wouldn't care :evil: You could have Daisy 1 and Daisy 2 :D:D

Can I come :question: No NO bad idea, me and kittens or any animals for that matter :I Don't even dare tell me about them :clown:

macblob
9th August 2003, 04:41 PM
Nearly all packed up, tent and all encase we stay :D

hope it all fits in the huggggeeee mini boot lol

See u guys up there:D

macblob
11th August 2003, 02:31 AM
Just home from Perth a wee while ago.

Was a great weekend and good to put some names to faces at last.

Got a few pics and should have them on my web site shortly when i get off my arse

lightbody
11th August 2003, 06:05 AM
My head STILL hurts! Fantastic weekend...

Some photos are here - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rob.hurt/web/page_01.htm - from Mini Clan Member Rob Hurt

Burple
11th August 2003, 05:53 PM
Heads? hurting??

You big girls' blouses!! :)
I dind't even get a hangover!! - I dunno why.. maybe i should worry..
hmmm... heh heh heh...
Good to put some faces to names / cars etc too!
Top weekend!
Bring it on for MITP!!

Linda M
11th August 2003, 08:08 PM
Had a great day on the Saturday :D

Willie M
12th August 2003, 03:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

My head STILL hurts! Fantastic weekend...
Some photos are here - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rob.hurt/web/page_01.htm - from Mini Clan Member Rob Hurt

Nice pics Rob (+Rob) :D Goodness :eek: Dunno what you lot were getting up to on Saturday night? Glad I was safely at home, tucked up in my own little bed .... NOT :(
Roll on next years Scottish Mini Weekend :cool:

Julz
12th August 2003, 04:07 PM
Well, we passed LOADS of minis on our way back from Kirkcaldy on saturday from buying our snow leopard bengal kitten:clown:, not all of the minis waved I may add:mad:

Big Col
12th August 2003, 04:10 PM
I thought bengals were tigers Julz...

Duncan Stewart
12th August 2003, 05:07 PM
Great weekend with loads of interesting stuff but a disappointing amount of new MINIs. Only clubs stand with any was mini clan and only one entered the show and shine. Still loads of interesting minis old and new in the car park!

Julz
12th August 2003, 06:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I thought bengals were tigers Julz...

They are, but they also come in the leopard variety, she's only 6 generations away from being the real thing too...:D

Big Col
12th August 2003, 06:13 PM
[/quote]

They are, but they also come in the leopard variety, she's only 6 generations away from being the real thing too...:D
[/quote]

Post or email me a pic if you can please Julz. I'd like to see the fuzzy ickle fella. :D

lightbody
12th August 2003, 06:33 PM
Mintax and Minis in Inverness defniitely had new minis too - 25% of the Minis on the Minis in Inverness stand on Sunday were new MINIs!! There was a distinct absence of new MINIs on the caledonians stand though.

Overall the new MINI was integrated well I thought, with none of the "snash" that seems to be happening down south.

My bruises are coming on nicely from Saturday night...

Burple
12th August 2003, 06:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

Mintax and Minis in Inverness defniitely had new minis too - 25% of the Minis on the Minis in Inverness stand on Sunday were new MINIs!! There was a distinct absence of new MINIs on the caledonians stand though.

snigger...
That's cos mine was on the Clan Stand!!! ;);):):)

Another couple of theirs were in the campsite tho... no idea why they weren't on the stand..

Linda M
13th August 2003, 05:00 AM
The Clan had the best stand :cool: Especially on the Saturday when Daisy was there ;) I think the Clan stand showed how welcome the MINI is on the Mini scene :)

Julz
13th August 2003, 03:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Post or email me a pic if you can please Julz. I'd like to see the fuzzy ickle fella. :D

Have a look at this page, the middle two piccies:D

http://www.askmk.com/karsukabengals/kittens.html

Big Col
13th August 2003, 04:05 PM
Awwwwww lookit da ickle shnooky wooky boo boo. Aint he just da cyoootest wickle fin...<looks about> <notices everyone staring> :I:I:I

<clears his throat>

Uhm...I mean...aye. They're no bad for a wee bag ah fleas ah suppose! :I

Willie M
13th August 2003, 08:36 PM
What's the wee baby's name then Julz ?? ;):D
Go on... you know you want to :D

Julz
14th August 2003, 11:47 PM
Sorry Willie, she still hasn't got a name and I think she has too much of a wee girlie look to be called Stouffer!!:I

Willie M
15th August 2003, 03:48 PM
:disapprove: <storms off in a strop whilst throwing a hissyfit> :evil: