PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Mini

sw
13th April 2005, 09:54 PM
Whats going on with this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38708&item=4543016134&rd=1

G2 - S
13th April 2005, 10:12 PM
Got to be an error! £2,200 for a MINI Cooper?! Considering going for it!

sleepyrascal
13th April 2005, 10:44 PM
Bet its stolen!

G2 - S
13th April 2005, 11:31 PM
Does seem a bit dodgy - I've emailed cos what an investment if it's legit!! I see he'll post worldwide free!!

sleepyrascal
13th April 2005, 11:41 PM
It will be a scam of some kind. Like your bidding for the car but it comes with £7000 worth of tax/parking/conjestion charges tied to the car. Or it might just be a joke.

Cooper_si
13th April 2005, 11:53 PM
what a plonka ! he he thats gota be a typo, bit of a daft mistake to make really

G2 - S
14th April 2005, 12:47 AM
see the site now - he was hacked apparently!

sleepyrascal
14th April 2005, 01:35 AM
bet it was stolen!!!!!

sleepyrascal
14th April 2005, 09:16 AM
If anyone is interested, I emailed the guy. Apparently (according to ebay) the auction was pulled becasue they thought he was trying to get email addresses for advertising spam etc. However, if you think about it, how many people are really going to email the guy... not that many so it wouldn't be worth his time. Finally, even if people do email him, they would do as I did, and email him through ebay, in which case he wouldn't get my email address anyway.

So this is the response I got from the guy who is clearly Italian given his written english:

Hello,
I`m glad about your interest in hearing details about my car. The car
is in 100% working and looking condition, no flaws or dents, no
scratches, never smoked in or any kind of damage, no flood or wrecked
car.
The price is £2,200.00 GBP ( shipping and handling included )
The car is located in Italy and it will be shipped from here on my expance.
For the payment I request ONLY secure pay, I prefer the payment to be hold
by a third party and only after you receive and test the car, the
payment has to be released to me.
Let me know ASAP
Regards

WIERD EH!!!!

Gismo
14th April 2005, 04:03 PM
It's a common scam, glad no one went near it ;)

empi67
14th April 2005, 08:59 PM
Yeah this same guy(differing names)has been doing this for months now. He wants half the money now? hmmm yeah right.. i even said i wouldd give him COD and go and pick it up from him.... that one scared him

Oh well if it is too good to be true.. it usually is

minimadtez
21st April 2005, 01:42 AM
Old scam! A similar thing happened to my mate at uni....he was upgrading his car and was told to send half the payment (abroad) plus his car and told that when the money and car were received he would be sent a brand new car.....good one!