PDA

View Full Version : JCW DAISY

Linda M
17th July 2003, 07:20 PM
Finally, 2 weeks ago I gets the phone saying that my JCW kit has arrived. One of the fist kits in Scotland apart from the demo ones. So it was decision time. Ian at menzies told Willie and I to come along and take the JCW demo, which was now run in, out for a good thrash.

Saturday morning was the big test and I have to say that both of us were pretty blown away (had to drag Willie away kicking and screaming). I was very sceptical and if it hadn't 'done' it for me I wasn't going to fork out the cash.

It's exactly as all the reviews say, fantastic !!!!!

A lot more smoother up through the gears, first and second is what the 'S' should be (I have always been disappointed with first and second) third and fourth are, well dangerous really !!! The purr from the supercharger is superb. The exhuast noise isn't really much different, which I like. Basically, it turns the 'S' into a little racing car as far as I'm concerned.

I'm having it done cos I've always wanted a great little racing car and this is my chance.

SO, Daisy went into the dealers first thing this morning and I'll get her back tomorrow afternoon :D:D:D:D:D:D

Just out of interest, they thought I'd like a change of car and gave me a new BMW 318 IS M series thingy (no doubt someone will correct me). There's no denying it's a bit of a flying machine and quite nice to drive but it's also very 'boring' and I can't wait to have my little go kart back :D:cool::D

So, it will be Daisy going to Cullen, just to 'show off' but she'll have to be at the back as it's no more than 4000 revs for 1500 miles !!!!

Big Col
17th July 2003, 07:31 PM
I'm torn between being really happy for you and wanting to throw up through sheer jealousy Linda.

Julz
17th July 2003, 07:34 PM
Is this Daisys well earned reward for having to put up with Stouffer?? BabyB will be a little jealous cause she wants the hartge conversion, so she's going to see Milli at the weekend to get an opinion:D:clown:

Wul
17th July 2003, 07:51 PM
Great News Linda! i'm sure those 1500 miles will been gone in jig time! :D

Linda M
17th July 2003, 09:01 PM
I meant to say, just for anyone interested that I had a heck of a time with insurance for the JCW. I am currently insured with Admiral for a very good £395 fully comp but they've refused to insure me with the works kit (as did most companies).

After a few frantic days I finally got insured through a company called Adrian Flux (got this from MINI2 as most with the works seem to have went with them) costing me £795 and that's for an OAP !!!!!

Incidentally I had a strop with MINI insurance as they couldn't even come up with a quote on the works.

Monsta Mo Mini
17th July 2003, 09:10 PM
£795!!!!!! :eek:

Ouch!

KenL
17th July 2003, 09:12 PM
That's a BIG increase on the insurance Linda.

You should email MINI UK and complain about the insurance. Pretty poor they weren't clued up about the Works S.

Mr P
17th July 2003, 09:57 PM
£795 seems steep but perhaps more worrying is the refusal from most companies to insure you. Does this imply that the JCW Mini is somehow more dangerous than any number of sports cars with a similar performance? Beggars belief that Mini Insurance wont insure their own car!!
Think you should e mail the motoring press & Top Gear etc and embarrass the hell out them!

Have a good trip this weekend !!

Regards

George

Linda M
17th July 2003, 10:13 PM
Ken, I did put in a complaint to MINI insurance and so did my dealership.

The companies that refused to insure the JCW said it was because the kit basically makes it a racing car, that's what I got told anyway. To be fair I did realise that the increase was going to be pretty steep but not 'that' steep for a 37yr old who's been driving for 20yrs :eek:

Willie M
17th July 2003, 11:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Is this Daisys well earned reward for having to put up with Stouffer??
Grrrr !! :evil:
Must admit I was amazed by the insurance debacle we went through (quite a few interesting posts on MINI2 about it). The real reason the £760 (not £795 L) is a wee bitty steep is that I've kept Linda's full no claims bonus on her Jeep policy. Basically she's starting with 0 NCD.

Some of the youger drivers on MINI 2 are paying up to £2k :eek: fully comp for theirs.

Can't wait until wee Daisy's run in though, I may just be encouraged to drive her a bit more often ;):D

sh@z
18th July 2003, 02:54 AM
willie, you've got a tough life there mate :p

Congrats Linda and ill seeya saturday, as with ur mr willie :P (no pun intended haha)

macblob
18th July 2003, 03:49 AM
Dammmm that sounds great Linda, can i get a go of it after uve broken her back in again:D

I need a job that pays more to keep up here:(

lightbody
18th July 2003, 04:10 AM
Congratulations Linda! Charlie is green with jealousy and so am I!!

Re: insurance... Adrian Flux gets mixed reviews from the Mini Clanners... some of them say they seem to be a bit reluctant if it comes to actually paying up...

sh@z
18th July 2003, 05:25 AM
/me wants 1st shot in cullen ;) hehe...

ppl will be lining up Linda... YOU DO realise that ey :p

Julz
18th July 2003, 05:37 AM
£760 isn't too bad considering 0 no claims! Mines £960 as is!!! Did you try Performance Direct, they're pretty good, and I've been with them for 5 years cause no-one else will insure me!! So I think I'll be struggling for insurance once BabyB is finished!!:D

GAJ
18th July 2003, 03:32 PM
I want one!!!!

Big Col
18th July 2003, 03:46 PM
The most shocking thing of this whole thread isn't the insurance costs (although £760 is well steep). The most shocking part is that Linda is 37! I had her down as late 20's. ;)

If Linda's 37 that must make Willie her toyboy since I refuse to believe he's over 30.

So...can I get a shot of Daisy and Stouffer yet? :D

Willie M
18th July 2003, 04:06 PM
Ah, you silver tongued devil Big Col :D
Yup, Linda might just be Falkirk's answer to Toby Studabaker ;)

Wul
18th July 2003, 05:03 PM
Topical Mr M! :D

Krusty
18th July 2003, 05:51 PM
Julz, how come your paying so much for insurance?!?!?!?! I managed to get my MCS insured, with Zippy as a named driver for about £500 with 4 years NCB through Direct Line. My current insurers did try to charge me £750 though - grrr!

Anyway, cant wait to check out Daisy tomorrow. Nice one Linda

lightbody
18th July 2003, 06:09 PM
Driving in this morning enjoying my Cooper, I was thinking about "Daisy S Works" and it sort of came to me... she must have cost about £7000 more than my MINI now... for that price, for a small hatchback, it really would HAVE to be very, very good! I think its a real shame that the standard S isn't the same as an S Works at, say, a 15,500 starter price. It would make it more Special...

Big Col
18th July 2003, 06:50 PM
Just as a quick note on the Toby Studmeister story. You'd think American's would have learned not to say "I did not have sexual relations with this person" after Bill "Gies a gobble" Clinton's escapades.

Julz
18th July 2003, 06:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Krusty

Julz, how come your paying so much for insurance?!?!?!?! I managed to get my MCS insured, with Zippy as a named driver for about £500 with 4 years NCB through Direct Line. My current insurers did try to charge me £750 though - grrr!

Well, I'm 23, live in a high risk area, the car is on the street, I've got a write-off on record and another idiot on my insurance!
Unfortunately it all adds up, plus my occupation doesn't help, insurance companies seem to think I'll take my car onto building sites!! Idiots:evil::clown:

Krusty
18th July 2003, 07:03 PM
That's a bit poop really. I'm 25, also with an idiot (only joking Zippy!), and my car (along with another 4 mini's who all live in my flats) is kept on the street as well. It must be the write off that's pushed it up. Are you gonna tell your insurance company about BabyB's mod's?

Linda M
18th July 2003, 07:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
The most shocking thing of this whole thread isn't the insurance costs (although £760 is well steep). The most shocking part is that Linda is 37! I had her down as late 20's. ;)
If Linda's 37 that must make Willie her toyboy since I refuse to believe he's over 30.
So...can I get a shot of Daisy and Stouffer yet? :D
I knew someone would bring my age up :( I still look like a teenager and up until a couple of years ago I still got asked for ID :eek: Willie is my toyboy BUT only by about a year :p

Linda M
18th July 2003, 07:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

Driving in this morning enjoying my Cooper, I was thinking about "Daisy S Works" and it sort of came to me... she must have cost about £7000 more than my MINI now... for that price, for a small hatchback, it really would HAVE to be very, very good! I think its a real shame that the standard S isn't the same as an S Works at, say, a 15,500 starter price. It would make it more Special...
You're quite right Rob ! It is very special though and I'm only doing it cos I've got the money at the moment (years of hard saving) and it's not saying that I'll ever have the money to do it again :)

Linda M
18th July 2003, 07:31 PM
Haven't got the phone call to go get her yet but I'm getting VERY VERY excited :D:D:D

Julz
18th July 2003, 07:37 PM

That's a bit poop really. I'm 25, also with an idiot (only joking Zippy

Ah-ha, that explains it, 25 is your critical age to get a massive drop in premiums cause you're now supposed to be a 'responsible' adult!! As for the mods, my insurance is kept up to date with everything!!:D

Krusty
18th July 2003, 09:20 PM
It's a myth ........... trust me, your insurance doesn't change when you turn 25! That's why Zippy got rid of his Subaru!

Gismo
18th July 2003, 09:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

Haven't got the phone call to go get her yet but I'm getting VERY VERY excited :D:D:D I gave your dealer a quick phone call to make sure you don't get your car until Monday, not that i'm jealous or anything :evil:;)

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
18th July 2003, 10:28 PM
Now I'm getting very very worried :clown: They said a day and half but just phoned to say I can't pick her up til 5pm :question: TWO full days !!!

I can't stop thinking about what Wul put up on the Cullen MINI2 thread about the Proclaimers song 'I would walk 500 miles'.....maybe not a good idea to take her tomorrow :eek:

Julz
18th July 2003, 10:34 PM
I wouldn't worry too much Linda! I'm having a go-slow day today, can't seem to get anything done....keep thinking about ice-cream! So maybe the mechanics are on a go-slow, but at least you're getting Daisy back today! You should have gone for the Hartge, done in 4 hours!!:D

niall
18th July 2003, 11:41 PM

That's a bit poop really. I'm 25, also with an idiot (only joking Zippy!), and my car (along with another 4 mini's who all live in my flats) is kept on the street as well. It must be the write off that's pushed it up. Are you gonna tell your insurance company about BabyB's mod's?

I thought your profile says you're an accountant. Is it not 4 including your car;)

Linda M
19th July 2003, 01:38 AM
Daisy's home :D all clean, in the garage and ready to rumble :D:D:D Below 4000 revs of course :(
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Linda%20M/dscf0021.jpg

sh@z
19th July 2003, 03:07 AM
oh you better :p

Julz
19th July 2003, 06:14 AM
Welcome home Daisy!!:D I like her new designer label:D:clown:

sh@z
19th July 2003, 06:20 AM
im so slow at posting... read post... write reply ... 3 other posts going off in another direction :p...

that reply above was for when u said u wouldnt be bringing ur baby Linda :)

Anyway you both are looking v sexy and hope to see both of ya tomorra :P

Linda M
21st July 2003, 03:16 AM
Ok, update after the weekend trip of 335 miles....it's phenomenal, the difference is outstanding :D:D:D The scary thing is that this is it 'not' going above 4000 revs :eek: Words really can't describe it !!

The bits I like most so far is: first and second gear are nothing like they were, the constant purr from the supercharger, the smoothness, the exhaust, the way it's so effortless and finally when you're sitting on a straight road 3000 revs/70mph you really feel like it could just take off or double it's speed without even trying :D:D:D

Sick bags anyone :D:D:D:kiss:

duncan
21st July 2003, 06:33 AM
Now Daisy's a JCW 'S', is she going to get the number-plate to match????

Willie M
21st July 2003, 03:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by satelite

No, no, no !!! Away you back to your S Club CD's and stop encouraging the girl to spend more money :eek: :evil: ;)

Where have you been hiding Satelite? Or have you just been lost ? :D Hopefully hook up with you again soon :cool:

GAJ
21st July 2003, 04:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

Ok, update after the weekend trip of 335 miles....it's phenomenal, the difference is outstanding :D:D:D The scary thing is that this is it 'not' going above 4000 revs :eek: Words really can't describe it !!

The bits I like most so far is: first and second gear are nothing like they were, the constant purr from the supercharger, the smoothness, the exhaust, the way it's so effortless and finally when you're sitting on a straight road 3000 revs/70mph you really feel like it could just take off or double it's speed without even trying :D:D:D

Sick bags anyone :D:D:D:kiss:

Sounds rubbish:evil::evil::evil:;)

macblob
21st July 2003, 06:13 PM
I see your jealous like all the rest of us Gaj :p

Linda , a new JCW Plate would really finish Daisy off nicely.
Willie seems to like the idea already :D:D

Willie M
21st July 2003, 08:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by macblob

Linda , a new JCW Plate would really finish Daisy off nicely.
Willie seems to like the idea already :D:D
Grrrrr !!! :evil:
I'm afraid the only plate Linda'll be getting is a plate of chips :D

Monsta Mo Mini
21st July 2003, 08:18 PM
Can I have sauce with mine?

Linda M
21st July 2003, 08:34 PM
Funny, I spent most the weekend thinking about number plates but I didn't dare mention it :blackeye:

But 'darling' as you know I'm very ill today and feeling sorry for myself, had to get loads of blood taken (OUCH) today.....could I please get a 'tiny' treat 'like' a new number plate :question: :kiss:

Monsta Mo Mini
21st July 2003, 09:05 PM
Chancer!!!!

Big Col
21st July 2003, 09:42 PM
Hold off Williw man! Don't give in to the fluttery eyelids!! She's got a works Cooper S!!! I'd want to see 5 pint bottles of blood on the table before I caved on anything else! Poor Stouffer is gonna go in the huff.

GAJ
22nd July 2003, 01:08 AM
I think Daisy would look magic with my number plate on her!

Linda M
22nd July 2003, 02:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

I think Daisy would look magic with my number plate on her!

:D:D:D

Linda M
22nd July 2003, 02:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Chancer!!!!
Worth a try BUT it didn't work :disapprove:
I told the doctor today not to be surprised if they find MINI blood cells :I

duncan
22nd July 2003, 02:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

quote:Originally posted by satelite

No, no, no !!! Away you back to your S Club CD's and stop encouraging the girl to spend more money :eek: :evil: ;)

Where have you been hiding Satelite? Or have you just been lost ? :D Hopefully hook up with you again soon :cool:

Sorry Willie, couldn't resist!!!!

Not been hiding, honest! Just upgraded(?) to broadband, and the damn PC decided to die. Grrrrrrrrr.

Linda M
7th August 2003, 06:10 PM
When I first started going out with Willie he had an MG Montego Turbo and I thought the 'ticking' that came off the Turbo was absolutely superb. Over the years and many different cars I've never found that real 'thrill, fun' factor again.

However this new works supercharger is giving me this 'thrill, fun' factor back, finally. The original supercharger has a wonderful purr but this works one is :D:D:D it's much grittier and kicks in most the time.

Still running in though, only done 620 miles :clown: But it will 'ALL' be worth it from what I've experienced so far :D:cool::D

LMB
9th August 2003, 09:31 AM
Linda you don't need to run in the Works. Just give it 200 miles to bed in, then you can pretty much floor it.:D