PDA

View Full Version : Strathclyde Police Traffic Motors

Scottie
11th April 2005, 06:08 PM
Has anyone seen traffic cars in Strathclyde with a wee white cylinder on their roofs, about 4-6" in Diameter and about the same deep ? Anyone know what they are I've seen three now.

Scottch
11th April 2005, 06:10 PM
Fi,

Which way does it sit on the roof (horizontally or vertically?)

Cheers!

Scott

sleepyrascal
11th April 2005, 06:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Has anyone seen traffic cars in Strathclyde with a wee white cylinder on their roofs, about 4-6" in Diameter and about the same deep ? Anyone know what they are I've seen three now.

sounds like the new gigital speed cameras Fi. The can use them on the move, like vaS-car type thing.

Scottie
11th April 2005, 06:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

sounds like the new gigital speed cameras Fi. The can use them on the move, like vaS-car type thing.

sleepy what's a gigital camera then;)

GAJ
11th April 2005, 07:01 PM
It's a rocket launcher!

Fontal
11th April 2005, 07:21 PM
We have a landrover up here with somthing similar on the roof and it turns out to be a light

sleepyrascal
11th April 2005, 07:23 PM
quote:sleepy what's a gigital camera then;)

A gigttal camera is like a digital camera but it has an in-built rocket launcher, as GAJ said!:D

Scottie
11th April 2005, 07:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

quote:sleepy what's a gigital camera then;)

A gigttal camera is like a digital camera but it has an in-built rocket launcher, as GAJ said!:D

I need to get myself one of those then:D:p

john
11th April 2005, 07:30 PM
Its the NOS tank:cool:

PepperNI
11th April 2005, 07:42 PM
A small oven/heating device for baking donuts and heating coffee?

john
11th April 2005, 10:18 PM
A stash of pens for all the tickets they write:)

sleepyrascal
11th April 2005, 10:26 PM
the police decided that their income from stopping speeding cars wasn't enough. They are going after boats too! Its a perescope!

Wul
11th April 2005, 10:38 PM
Is not the cover for the Sky dish linked to the telly in the car? :p

Craig
16th April 2005, 04:22 AM

All guesses are wrong - they are ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) devices, for checking number plates as you go by on the PNC database. To catch stolen cars, untaxed motors etc etc etc. Sometimes they are trying to catch the bad guys....:D:D

Scottie
16th April 2005, 04:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

All guesses are wrong - they are ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) devices, for checking number plates as you go by on the PNC database. To catch stolen cars, untaxed motors etc etc etc. Sometimes they are trying to catch the bad guys....:D:D

funny I just knew you would know;)

Craig
16th April 2005, 07:45 PM

quote:Originally posted by craigd

funny I just knew you would know;)

never one to disappoint. nearly got caught by the digital speed camera in the roadworks on the M80 at Banknock last week (inforcing a 40mph zone on the motorway when there is nobody working on it is a bit mean:() - been on holiday this week, so there might be a wee envelope on my desk on monday...