PDA

View Full Version : Mini Challange Racer.

K1MUR
16th July 2003, 02:21 AM
Hello,

New to any sort of Forum so thought I would try out a MINI one, I currently Race in the Mini Challenge - Car No.5 (Ian Murray).

It was Estoril Blue with Orange Wheels until I had a crash on the Jim Clark Rally - Rolled about 7 times at 95 mph - now thats a MINI adventure!!!

Should be back up and running for next meeting - will post some pictures later on.

Ian

3GGG
16th July 2003, 04:45 AM
Ian, pleased to hear that you are OK. We saw the photo of the car and were shocked to see the results.
I took a couple of photos of your car at Leith and also there are a few from the first race at Knockhill earlier in the season.

Click here for some photos (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=247&whichpage=4)

Welcome to New Mini Scotland.

David

3GGG
16th July 2003, 04:54 AM
Ian , if you have the time or a fast connection, check out this Quicktime slide show from the first KnockHill meeting, there are quite a few shots of your car in it.
Click here (http://www.gm4jjj.co.uk/movie/knockhill.mov)

macblob
16th July 2003, 06:05 AM
Hi there, Nasty looking crash, glad to hear u walked away from it ok.

welcome to NMS

Brian

Julz
16th July 2003, 04:10 PM
Bizarre question, is your co-driver from Perth and has/had a Lotus Elise??:clown:

Monsta Mo Mini
16th July 2003, 05:02 PM
Welcome Ian.

As I mentioned in my email, please feel free to contribute in anyway.

cheers

Calum

K1MUR
16th July 2003, 05:36 PM
3GGG - Cheers for the Photos - they are the business, havent figured out how to post any yet but as soon as I can I have a few smart ones!!!

Julz - My co-driver is from Edinburgh and does not have an Elise (has a Porsche Turbo which is the business, although my mini still rocks!!!).

Ian

Monsta Mo Mini
17th July 2003, 04:58 PM
Ian - thanks for the piccys. Some of them are up in the gallery section.

Linda M
17th July 2003, 11:00 PM
Welcome Ian :) We seriously thought about doing the challenge but we decided just to buy 2 MINI's :I

Julz
18th July 2003, 05:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Challange - Car No 5
Julz - My co-driver is from Edinburgh and does not have an Elise (has a Porsche Turbo which is the business, although my mini still rocks!!!).
Ian

Ah, I think you co-driver has an evil twin with the same name and past time then!!:D
I shall not tell my hubby dearest what car he has got as the turbo is his dream car (he has a 964 RS Lightweight Touring!! piccies are in the gallery cause he came to the Borders with us!!)

Willie M
18th July 2003, 04:10 PM
Welcome to NMS Ian. Good to have you onboard :cool:

K1MUR
19th July 2003, 02:06 AM
To Linda - you should get into the Challenge, its great fun and good bunch of people. Trying to last the season is my mission next year !!!

New car almost finalised - orange wheels still a cert though.

Hopefully find out later this evening!

Ian