PDA

View Full Version : How excited am I?

euan
15th July 2003, 07:48 PM
Well, after what is in reality an indecently short wait, my S was delivered to the dealer yesterday...So, all things being equal (paperwork etc) should be collecting it on Friday.

So, there have a few recent deliveries and I wondered what everybody did when they first got their new cars? (I know it's on MINI2, but it's full of people I don't know now).

Think the first thing I'll be doing is getting the CD on (trying to decide on a good track choice, bearing in mind I have to behave myself for 1500 miles...It's going to kill me...), the window down and a quick ponce about in town.

So you know, I got the R90's fitted (will be waxing them as a first job!), and bonnet stripes as opposed to viper stripes. So, if you see a very smart S on Friday, EB/W with R90s, you'll know it's me :)

After all is said and done though, I'll be sad to my Coop go.

KenL
15th July 2003, 07:54 PM
Sounds great Euan, enjot it. I'll look out for you.

Julz
15th July 2003, 08:43 PM
Lucky you!! When I got babyB, I took the day off work and went 'cruising' absolutely everywhere!! I still stand by my choice of first song, 'Buck Rogers' by Feeder cause it starts "he's got a brand new car, looks like a Jaguar(??), it's got leather seats, it's got a cd player...":D, or even Good Charlotte with Girls and Boys (Linda will agree with me here) cause instead of "girls love cards and money" I sing "girls love cars and minis":D:D:D

Wul
15th July 2003, 09:45 PM
Great news Euan! will look out for the new toy the next time i'm at blockbuster!

First thing to do when you arrive is find the car and look over it very carefully before going in - i wished i'd done this as there was SO much white wax residue all over the black bits it took three washed to get rid of the stuff! this way you can make noises if necessary before getting the keys!

But hey don't let me spoil what will be a great day - are you coming to Cullen to run it in?

Burple
15th July 2003, 10:00 PM
Congrats!
The first thing I did was drive home VERY carefully, posed about a bit, then started pulling it apart to put the new stereo in!!! And what a difference a new Head Unit makes! (more to follow! )
2 weeks (and 900 miles!!! Eek!) -ahem- and a little erm...country roads incident.. with a Corrado VR6 ;) later....it does feel nice already - starting to loosen up a bit

Hey Julz... don't want to burst any bubbles, but the Original words to the song are "Girls love Cars and Money"... :D
but your version sounds WAY better!!!
Found an alternative version of Gary Numan's 'Cars' by a band called Orgy (<ahem>)....
mmmmmmm..... Driving music..... :D

Big Col
15th July 2003, 10:10 PM
I'm partial to the oldie but goody "Monkey Wrench" by the Foo Fighters when driving. If something a little more mellow is required then I just whack on some incubus. As you say L man...mmmm....driving music.

Julz
15th July 2003, 10:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Hey Julz... don't want to burst any bubbles, but the Original words to the song are "Girls love Cars and Money"... :D
but your version sounds WAY better!!!
Found an alternative version of Gary Numan's 'Cars' by a band called Orgy (<ahem>)....
mmmmmmm..... Driving music..... :D

hey smartie pants, that's what I meant, you try typing with nails as long as mine and not hitting a few extra keys, however, i do usually notice the typos!! Sorry!:) Went to see GC in glasgow a couple of weeks ago tho!!:D

sh@z
15th July 2003, 10:52 PM
congrats euan :D...

will be on the lookout :)

Burple
15th July 2003, 11:37 PM
quote:
hey smartie pants, that's what I meant, you try typing with nails as long as mine and not hitting a few extra keys, however, i do usually notice the typos!! Sorry!:) Went to see GC in glasgow a couple of weeks ago tho!!:D

tee hee... welllll... ok ... let you off then.. ;)
Now you're just making me jealous...
But hey, I'm off to the Leeds Festival the week after Mini In the Park!! Woohoo!! Metalica are headlining!!! And GC of course..
and Linkin Park, Sum41, Blink 182, Placebo, etc etc etc...
Going to be a mad weekend that one!!

P.S.... sorry for the thread Hi-jack!!:I ;)

Mr P
17th July 2003, 05:49 PM
Hi Euan
Im off on Friday and only live a couple of miles from the dealer & im waiting in all day for some furniture to arrive!!
PM me if you fancy coming round - would be great to see your new S !!
Think you made the right choice with the wheels , did they do you a good deal or just split the difference between list price of both sets?

George.

Monsta Mo Mini
17th July 2003, 06:03 PM
Hi George - hope you had a good holiday.

Don't suppose you fancy joining in the fun on Saturday? - See Cullen run thread.

Mr P
17th July 2003, 08:19 PM
Hi Callum
Would love to join you all on the Cullen this weekend but fraid im soooooo skint after my trip Florida.
Lucky to be here at all actually. Did you see that minibus crash on the M56 last week that killed 7 people? That was the firm we used to take & collect us from the Airport! Sends a shiver right through when i think it could have been us. Cant say im surprised though as the guy that drove us to the airport drove like he had his foot jammed on the accelorator and had collapsed over the steering wheel.

Will be there on the next event though and hope we can hook up for a drink at some point in the (very) near future

Cant wait to see the pics and read the report on the run next week.

Have a good one!!

George.

Willie M
18th July 2003, 03:52 PM
Congrats Euan.
Look forward to meeting up with yourself and the shiney new EB/W 'S' sometime soon.
Enjoy your new car :D