PDA

View Full Version : The Italian Job Challenge & Mini Run...

Nenah
6th April 2005, 07:56 AM
The Italian Job Challenge & Mini Run
I've thought long and hard about organising my first Mini Run - and as I organise events for a living I thought I'd better make my first a goodie!

Call for notes of interest and date suggestions for "The Italian Job Challenge" activity followed by evening meal, and possibly an overnight stay?

City of event to be decided dependant on who responds. Could be a mini run down south, activity followed by overnights stay or something in Scotland for just a 1 day event.

There will be a cost per/person which I can confirm on indications of numbers.

The Italian Job

This will be a high octane event recreating the adrenaline and excitement of the fabled Italian Job!

High Spec Mini Coopers (of course we'll use our own), stolen loot, underworld crooks and fancy overalls are a few of the ingredients in this experience you'll never forget.

The Challenge

Teams of between 2 and 4 people will be briefed by an underworld gangster and asked to assist him in recovering loot stolen during the ‘real’ Italian job.

Equipped with your high spec MINI, clues, maps and in-car radio communication (this will be provided), each team will scour the city searching for known informants.

The informants are found in seedy locations where your team will engage in challenges before divulging vital clues that will lead your team to the stolen loot. To add to the excitement, as your race to find the informants, you'll have to avoid a motorcycle hit man from a rival gang, amoungst other obsticals!

The Job will involve teams scouring the city "East End", visiting snooker halls, boxing clubs, back-room gambling halls, dodgy markets and shady back street garages.

Racing against the clock as your team tries to be the first to locate all the informants, gather all the information and find the stolen loot.

The winnie winning team will then lead the other teams in a head turning, horn blaring, convoy that will end at a local restaurant/ bar where the stolen loot can be spent on a well deserved evening of fine food, booze and entertainment.

So, who's up for it then, heh? :cool::cool::cool:

I Want A Works
6th April 2005, 08:37 AM
.....this is the self preservation society, this is ther self preservation society.............
................you were only suppossed to blow the bloody doors off...............

Sounds good Nenah! If I get a mini by then count me in! will classics be allowed???

sleepyrascal
6th April 2005, 09:30 AM
Nenah, wouldnt want to miss your first ever run!!! Especially as this one sounds brilliant!!!

Im in :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Smurf
6th April 2005, 03:16 PM
http://www.exhilaration.co.uk/
Clicky on 'driving' on the left hand side, then 'mini madness' from the wee picture boxes, then 'the Italian Job' at the bottom of the list.

Good idea though Nenah, although I don't think we'll be up for it.
Best of luck!

The Dogfather
6th April 2005, 04:31 PM
I'm in!

Informants in seedy locations - so that'll be John at the arches then?

How about Newcastle as a venue!

Julz
6th April 2005, 04:40 PM
Nenah, that sounds absolutely fantastic sweetie!!;) If only it would be within the next few weeks while I've still got my mini!!

Good luck anyway and I'll make this a sticky for you!!:clown:

Scottie
6th April 2005, 04:52 PM
depending on location we will be up for a bit of fun.

c_me_swim
6th April 2005, 07:06 PM
Sounds Awesome! I'm up for it!

Duncan Stewart
6th April 2005, 08:17 PM
Sounds different :D, interested :cool:. No particular preference on what City.

Crombers
6th April 2005, 09:13 PM
You got me interested :approve:

minimadtez
6th April 2005, 10:36 PM
Count me in! :D

Tam1314
6th April 2005, 11:00 PM
lf its up North Caroline and l will be interested in taking part, if you need a hand to think up clues or stuff gies a shout

Nenah
7th April 2005, 03:11 AM
Update: Edinburgh will be the city location.

This run/event will be co-organised by moi and the england based teambuilding company who created it - complete with actors, look-a-likes of people in the movie, props and costumes, everything you need for your team - a full scale production - and the objective of the day will be having fun fun fun driving in your mini to win a great prize!!

"Sounds expensive!" youre thinking, right? Well, no as I'm co-managing the event, we're using our own minis and the lovely corporate discount I'll receive, the per person price will be reasonable - I'll confirm more details soon!:)

Please keep the interest rolling in!

Nenah
7th April 2005, 03:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tam1314

lf its up North Caroline and l will be interested in taking part, if you need a hand to think up clues or stuff gies a shout

Thanks! But all the hard work has already been done - all we need to do is turn up in your mini, climb into your Italian Job Overalls and start the challenge.

Each team (2-4 people per mini) will be provided with a GPS system, hand-held video recorder/polaroid camera, in-car radio communication, maps, and kit of supplies. The end of the day will be followed by some pub grub and an edited screening of the teams videos which forms part of the activity. :D

I Want A Works
7th April 2005, 03:36 AM
Just hope that I get my finger out and either get the cooper I'm looking at just now, or if I get a new one (ther garage says mid May to mid June for delivery) that the job is after then! :cool:
Just need to fins a partner to take along wiht me. Any ladies want care to offer your services????;)

minis
7th April 2005, 03:51 AM
do we have a date for this

Tam1314
7th April 2005, 04:07 AM
Edinburgh sounds good too, lm a driver for a blind piano tuner and lm all over Edinburgh all day.
Not that it gives me an advantage or anything LOL

duncan
7th April 2005, 04:29 AM
Very interesting Nenah, i'll be Definitely Maybe (date dependant)

Jeff
7th April 2005, 05:51 AM
Sounds good count me in

KINGHORN
7th April 2005, 07:23 AM
sounds fantastic, im up for it if im home

john
7th April 2005, 05:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by KINGHORN

sounds fantastic, im up for it if im home

Can I be Mr Bridger??

Kinghorn,you can be Camp Freddy:D

The Dogfather
7th April 2005, 10:41 PM
John, I had you down as Professor Peach!

weefossy
8th April 2005, 03:10 AM
Nenah, count us in subject to dates. Sounds great.
Julz, I'm sure "Mom" will get you in a "Fossies" team somewhere, especially if Neil's home and can take part.

Bumble Bee
8th April 2005, 03:49 AM
I d be up for this depending on dates with 2 passengers also if okay.:D

KINGHORN
8th April 2005, 04:08 AM
who was he again john

The Dogfather
8th April 2005, 04:22 AM
He was the effeminate bloke in the pink suit!

davesminis
8th April 2005, 06:55 AM
Youve got me interested. Apparently i have to be Arthur due to my appetite!! (Not that I make regular habit of eating horses)

Keep us posted on dates!

Julz
8th April 2005, 05:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy
Julz, I'm sure "Mom" will get you in a "Fossies" team somewhere, especially if Neil's home and can take part.

Aww, cheers Malcolm!! We were planning on gate-crashing the meal/overnighter anyway!!;):p:D

Nenah
8th April 2005, 08:02 PM
Thanks all for your great responses so far - I'm expecting details through later today to confirm cost and available dates.

Just looking at the events calander and I'm thinking end of May/early June would fit in between most of the other runs?

Open to suggestions on date/month though!

phantom
8th April 2005, 11:54 PM
Dont forget the 29th May is the Thistle run :)

jamesp
15th April 2005, 09:37 PM
count me in for this - I am based in Edinburgh so it will give the local constabulary yet another reason to pull me over.

duncan
15th April 2005, 09:49 PM
28th of May is Scottish Cup Final Day :D

Gismo
10th May 2005, 03:14 AM
Depending on confirmed dates i'll be happy to attend :cool:
I'm due offshore soon until the end of May

claire
10th May 2005, 05:47 AM
Hiya Graham, this event sounds fab eh. I was just thinking it would be great to go along with someone! I have only just joined so I don't know anyone yet. D' ya fancy it?

I Want A Works
10th May 2005, 05:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by claire

Hiya Graham, this event sounds fab eh. I was just thinking it would be great to go along with someone! I have only just joined so I don't know anyone yet. D' ya fancy it?

Is this me or another Graham you are asking?

claire
10th May 2005, 06:07 AM
you! are you up for it?

I Want A Works
10th May 2005, 06:12 AM

you! are you up for it?

Yeah, only thing is I might be working shifts by then, and if I am I'm on afternoon shift that day! Not handy since I live in Thurso! But if I'm not working and can make it down then yeah sure! I'll even exchabnge pics with you so you know who to avoid! lol :D

.......so is that a kinda date ;)

claire
10th May 2005, 06:25 AM
suppose it is yes!:I i really need to get myself a digital camera so i can swap pics with you too, might borrow my mates actually, you will have to send me a photo of yourself!

I Want A Works
10th May 2005, 07:18 AM
Ah! OK :I:question::question::question: lol

Gismo
10th May 2005, 07:20 AM
Damn, i wish i was 21 again :I;) and single :p

I Want A Works
10th May 2005, 07:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Damn, i wish i was 21 again :I;) and single :p

So do I................lol

I Want A Works
10th May 2005, 08:16 AM
ARGHHHHH - Just realised that I can't do this run, Sorry Claire :( My DJ and comparing services are requierd at a Family Fun Day in Thurso!
Forgot about that like. Sorry again Claire, but I'm sure you will find many more willing men (and maybe a few ladies) on here to keep you company.
Maybe we'll meet at another event!
WATCH THIS SPACE

KINGHORN
10th May 2005, 04:56 PM
am i blind cuz i cant see a confirmed date yet

minimadtez
10th May 2005, 05:07 PM
I was thinking the same thing Kinghorn......
Is that grahams way to turn down a date?! :eek:

bpirie1000
10th May 2005, 08:22 PM
there talking about the 28th .. We'll all be there.. Usual Suspects.. come Over and Join the Mad Bunch and you can put a few faces with the names...

Big Col
10th May 2005, 08:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by I Want A Works

ARGHHHHH - Just realised that I can't do this run, Sorry Claire :( My DJ and comparing services are requierd at a Family Fun Day in Thurso!
Forgot about that like. Sorry again Claire, but I'm sure you will find many more willing men (and maybe a few ladies) on here to keep you company.
WATCH THIS SPACE

Translation:

Pics exchanged. Claire's a minger. ;):clown::D

Crombers
10th May 2005, 09:08 PM
:D PMSL :D

Nenah
10th May 2005, 09:18 PM
Hi All

Things have grinded to a halt as you may have noticed! Partly due to work and partly due to negotiating a deal to reduce the cost per person - if you could continue to register your interest please as I need a better idea of numbers.

September time is the preferred month as first half of year is pretty solid with lots of other good runs.

Watch this space!
Thanks
Nenah

minimadtez
10th May 2005, 09:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

WATCH THIS SPACE

LOL nice one

Translation:

Pics exchanged. Claire's a minger. ;):clown::D

The Dogfather
10th May 2005, 09:41 PM
As this latest picture of Graham shows he can't afford to be picky

http://www.stigma.ezhoster.com/ugly-guy-5.jpg

By the way September sounds great as this summer is going to be quite expensive what with Cullen, Twilight and the LPG Conversion!

I Want A Works
11th May 2005, 01:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

As this latest picture of Graham shows he can't afford to be picky

Where did ya get that pic BDM?? I though I'd destroyed all of them! lol

Will all depend on what shifts I'm working then, But if I'm free, I re-accepts the challenge date invite chance to go on the run! :)

Get back yo us eh Clare, just don't tell the gf :D

claire
11th May 2005, 02:07 AM
thanks guys maybe see you there, i still need to confirm i can make it when i know the date though. keep you posted. By the way Col that was a wee bit cheeky - just to let you know pics not exchanged and I'm not a minger!!!

The Dogfather
11th May 2005, 02:22 AM
Post some pics Claire, we could do a rate my reader like Scott Mills ;)

Nenah
11th May 2005, 04:07 AM
ahhh....is this still the Italian Job thread or the banter thread...?:eek:;)

I Want A Works
11th May 2005, 04:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah

ahhh....is this still the Italian Job thread or the banter thread...?:eek:;)

Sorry Nenah. I didn't start it honest! A big boy did it, deleted his posts and ran away:D

Would this face lie :cool:(and don't believe a thing that Ewan or Terri tells ya about me)

minimadtez
11th May 2005, 04:42 AM
Would this face lie :cool:(and don't believe a thing that Ewan or Terri tells ya about me)

Nenah is quite capable of having her own opinion on you without me or sleepy being involved :approve:

I Want A Works
11th May 2005, 04:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by minimadtez

Nenah is quite capable of having her own opinion on you without me or sleepy being involved :approve:

Won't stop you adding your 2p's worth lol :p

Big Col
11th May 2005, 03:54 PM

thanks guys maybe see you there, i still need to confirm i can make it when i know the date though. keep you posted. By the way Col that was a wee bit cheeky - just to let you know pics not exchanged and I'm not a minger!!!

<grins> I never thought for a minute you reallly were a minger Claire. I was only playing. :)

Sorry for the thread hijack by the way Nenah. :D

Kirsty
4th July 2005, 01:49 AM
Mega late as usual but I'll be up for this, dates in september dependant!! Sounds fantastic Nenah!! Looking forward to it!!

T6 KFR
13th July 2005, 04:43 AM
That sounds cool as Nenah , seems alot of work for you however seeing as you have offered, I well up for being part of "The Italian Job". I 'll keep posted for info on loaction etc...

Kev

graeme stockton
23rd July 2005, 12:16 AM
When and where [EDINBURGH ??] is this event taking place
I want to do it and poss another Mini as well

Stocky

stoney
23rd July 2005, 04:51 AM
i would love 2 do it it would my fist one 2 let me know any more u have about it stoney

gill
31st July 2005, 07:04 PM
We would love to join in too - me, hubby and our lad! Dependant on date though, but we would hopefully be OK!

Nenah
5th August 2005, 04:22 AM
Sorry for the lack of info on this event - Ive been in talks with the organisers re costs and unless we had 40+ cars confirmed and paid up the event wotn be feasible and will price people out of signing up. I think they jacked up the price because we are mini owners/lovers.

I'll keep this thread running to see if we can keep raising interest but its on the back-burner for now.

Im disappointed as it would be awesome fun :disapprove::disapprove:

sleepyrascal
5th August 2005, 04:37 AM
Who needs a third party Nenah... We can have our own Italian Job run.

N12 JLK
8th August 2005, 05:37 AM
sound superb, defo we will be there!
THEY WENT THATAWAY, DID YOU HERE THAT HE CALLED YOU MR BRIDGER!

bpirie1000
20th October 2005, 08:51 PM
Thought I might revive this Thread See if there is any further interest from any Newer Members???

1 Nenah
2 I Want a Works
3 Sleepyrascal
4 Smurf
5 Bad Dog
6 Bpirie1000
7 Scottiecoop
8 C_Me_swim
9 Duncan Stewart
10 Crombers
11 Minimadtez
12 Tam1314
13 Minis
14 Duncan
15 Jeff
16 Kinghorn
17 John
18 Weefossy
19 Bumble bee
20 Davesminis
21 Jamesp
22 Bonnie Scotland
23 Claire
24 Big col
25 Kirsty
26 T6KFR
27 Graeme Stockton
28 S700ony
29 Gill
30 saraandcraig
31 T8SLD

Remember This would need to be paid in advance and around 40-50 People would be required.

Cheers :cool:NOTHING Definate Still But We'll see the numbers.

saraandcraig
21st October 2005, 03:15 AM
depending on dates we would be up for it, sara works most saturday nights but we can shift stuff around to make it.

T6 KFR
21st October 2005, 04:58 PM
)So are we going to have an Italian job of our own after all????

We seem to have a fair few folk, so what is now needed? Anything we can help with at all???? (apart from turning up of course;)

T8SLD
21st October 2005, 07:53 PM
Depending on dates, i'm up for this.

Julz
21st October 2005, 11:49 PM
Due to my mini-less-ness it might be wise to remove me from the list!;)

weefozzy Jr
26th October 2005, 08:49 PM
julz dont be silly theres always a seat free in my little beast, anyway remember the laughs we had last time (cullen). and im sure the other half can blag a lift of someone. put weefozzy jr down please.

MINI Rocker
7th November 2005, 06:05 PM
Hi there

Been on several mini runs (although not fortunate enough to own my own MINI). So long as I can convince Dundonian to do it, it sounds fabby to me!!!

Please keep us posted on dates etc cos i'd love to be a part of it!

Good luck Nenah, it'll be great!!!!!

MINI rocker:D

jayex
9th November 2005, 06:52 AM
:D sounds great i would def be up for it , depending on dates.:cool:

Nenah
10th November 2005, 09:23 AM
Well! Looks like this thread has taken on a new life of its own (..thanks Brizzie!).:)

I'll get plans for this run on the go for 1st quarter of 2006 as John and I will be in Austrlia Jan-Feb...so its looking like March/April time run. :cool::cool:

In the meantime, please keep the interest rolling in - dont worry if youre mini-less by then as all welcome to join in or you can always co-pilot! :p

RichardV
15th November 2005, 12:28 AM
Hi Nenah, depending on dates Im in!:D

bpirie1000
15th November 2005, 01:43 AM
I am Alway Free to help out do anything Like to get this one Done Sounds Awsome and A real good Event for teh Mini Community to Attend.. You know where I am.. Sure there are heaps out there that would help too........

N12 JLK
19th November 2005, 06:15 AM
We are up for it also.

Davidson2
9th January 2006, 03:09 AM
I know, I know... a voice from the past... But Im back!:cool:

Yes count me in for this one deffo!:p:p:p

weefossy
13th January 2006, 05:49 AM
Davidson2.............alive and kicking.........welcome home!

foxeescott
20th March 2006, 12:00 AM
depending on date i'd love to take part in this

MINI Rocker
28th March 2006, 08:30 PM
Any news on a date for this yet?

Dying to go will be ace Nenah

COLIN A ORR
9th April 2006, 05:56 AM
im up 4 it, just need dates tho,let me kow cheers.

saraandcraig
12th April 2006, 04:24 AM
recon we could be up for this if it's still to be planned. i'll keep a look out

stoney
12th June 2006, 02:34 AM
i would be up for it dates ????

HAZ_8167
28th July 2006, 09:53 PM
I'd love to do this. could round up a few other people who have mini's aswell.
Haz
x

X30YES
28th July 2006, 11:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by HAZ_8167

I'd love to do this. could round up a few other people who have mini's aswell.
Haz
x
Get some Fliers on them then Haz:p

Sweeney
29th July 2006, 02:40 AM
first post was made in april 2005, seems it has been abandoned?

Jammer
29th August 2006, 07:59 PM
Hi all,

I've just joined this website as i was left a sticker on my Mini Cooper s Works on sunday during the heart of borders run. I'll be up for this. I live in the borders so north or south is fine by me.

Keep is posted
Cheers

David_k
28th October 2006, 06:29 PM
i would be really intreasted in italian job is there a date and location for it yet?

mini mo
5th November 2006, 10:26 PM
hello,just registered. Came back from walk to find 40 minis parked outside my house.My one was delighted some of its friends had come to visit. Would be very interested in joining in with your Italian job. Sounds like fun.

Gismo
6th November 2006, 12:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by mini mo
Came back from walk to find 40 minis parked outside my houseHi Lesley, get yourself along to the introduce yourself forum.
The Mini's parked outside your house at Roo's were all part of the Manky Thrash run, there are other runs organised but sadly this one may not happen