PDA

View Full Version : insurance related question

mgemie
1st April 2005, 10:23 PM
I know that if you're fitting a bodykit to any car you have to inform your insurance providor...well if you're fitting a standard CS bodykit to a One they does this still apply?

GAJ
1st April 2005, 10:27 PM
Yes

mgemie
1st April 2005, 10:55 PM
damn! lol! i suppose good things come at a price - just look at MINIs!! lol

KenL
1st April 2005, 10:58 PM
Yes, you must inform them of any changes and no doubt expect to pay something.

mgemie
1st April 2005, 11:13 PM
i'll be phoning them regarding my new exhaust anyway so will do it all at once

ScottishCooper
12th April 2005, 03:14 AM
I was told by a few insurance companies, that if it didn't effect the car's performance, they didn't charge anything for it.
Having said that, some did want to charge.
Best advise - as ever shop around.

sleepyrascal
12th April 2005, 03:57 AM
MGMINI, I just today phoned Tesco to let them know about my exhaust upgrade and aftermarket alloys. They took a £33 one off payment. I have no idea if that cheap or expensive! I didnt mention the stereo or non standard skirts.....

mgemie
12th April 2005, 04:56 AM
£33 extra payment seems good to me - i'm tesco's and i'll soon be phoning about my exhaust, chip and alloy upgrade.

sleepyrascal
12th April 2005, 08:04 AM
Well I got it because I laboured the point that the wheels and exhaust were not a performance upgrade ie, it doesnt make the engine more powerful.

I Want A Works
12th April 2005, 08:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Well I got it because I laboured the point that the wheels and exhaust were not a performance upgrade ie, it doesnt make the engine more powerful.

Aye but from that I hear sleepy, you need to make your engine more powerful so you can get out of the clutches of a certain ONE ;)

sleepyrascal
12th April 2005, 08:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by I Want A Works

quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Aye but from that I hear sleepy, you need to make your engine more powerful so you can get out of the clutches of a certain ONE ;)

Who told you that, whoever it was, shes lying.... OH sh*t!!:disapprove:

I Want A Works
12th April 2005, 08:40 AM
Terri, sorry, the person that told me is 100% truthful. She mever tells lies and is a teetotal individual :D:D