PDA

View Full Version : Notmad Explorer - anyone used/using it?

Wul
31st March 2005, 09:18 PM
Hey folks - anyone tried this wee bitty software for their MP3 players? Yes all you ipodites can switch off now!!

Heard some good feedback about it but thought i'd ask in here.

Burple
31st March 2005, 11:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Hey folks - anyone tried this wee bitty software for their MP3 players? Yes all you ipodites can switch off now!!

Heard some good feedback about it but thought i'd ask in here.

Nope... wot does it do?
<scuttles off to search Google> ;)

Aaahhh... right... erm.. no.. it won't work on mine!
Drag 'n' drop wil do me fine!!! :D:D:D

MartinSullivan
31st March 2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah I use it with my creative - its good

Wul
31st March 2005, 11:24 PM
How good Martin? $25 good? or you using the free version?

Just that mediasource and Windows Media Player 10 are conflicting and giving me grief when uploading tracks to my Zen Touch!

MartinSullivan
31st March 2005, 11:42 PM
I just use the free version - not had any problems with it. I'll have a look on my laptop and see what version I have, its probably quite old because I dont think there was a "pay version" when I got it

GAJ
31st March 2005, 11:47 PM
Some may at this stage be tempted to post something incorporating the following terms - 'iPod; iTunes; OS X; Apple; seamless integration'. Not me though!:p

duncan
31st March 2005, 11:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Some may at this stage be tempted to post something incorporating the following terms - 'iPod; iTunes; OS X; Apple; seamless integration'. Not me though!:p

True enough, but they'll not hear you from the rustle of the banknotes and the jangling of the change thats spare from not buying an Apple :p

GAJ
31st March 2005, 11:58 PM
You get what you pay for as my dear old granny used to say!

Wul
1st April 2005, 12:02 AM
<sighs> you mac users are soooo predictable :p but as for seamless integration GAJ - is that really the case 8) some comments in Ipodlounge seem to differ!! :p

duncan
1st April 2005, 12:03 AM

You get what you pay for as my dear old granny used to say!

Now i would tend to agree with you, but seeing as i work for am employed by Network Rail, i know this isnt true:eek:

GAJ
1st April 2005, 12:18 AM
I've had one since 2001. I can confirm that they do exactly what it says on the tin without any problems.

duncan
1st April 2005, 12:38 AM
I was thinking about railway stuff GAJ, i know we dont get what we pay for there.

I've had my Sony Network Walkman for a similar time, and does the job well, the only problem is, its that small its easy lost, and i'm a messy sod, and can never find it!

GAJ
1st April 2005, 12:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

I was thinking about railway stuff GAJ, i know we dont get what we pay for there.
I've had my Sony Network Walkman for a similar time, and does the job well, the only problem is, its that small its easy lost, and i'm a messy sod, and can never find it!

I was replying to Wul! Should have quoted though! I had one of the early Creative MP3 players before the iPods were launched, a 4GB thing and it was absolutely hopeless! Horses for courses I suppose!:)

Wul
1st April 2005, 12:53 AM
Horses for courses I suppose!:)

Ahem - and what is that supposed to mean mr Johnston? :blackeye:;):p

Heather
1st April 2005, 02:26 AM
sorry... was too busy seamlessly uploading music to my ipod whilst playing with itunes, good luck with the windaes, youll need it!:D

Wul
1st April 2005, 04:02 AM
is this a ventriloquists act? ;):p

Willie M
1st April 2005, 05:01 PM
Been using Notmad since I switched to Creative (after two feckin' I-pods died on me :mad:), with nae problems. I'm quite happy with a cheaper, though admittedly less attractive MP3 player, that actually works. The actual sound quality's better too, IMHO ;):approve:

I'm away back to rip the rest of my 8-track collection to MP3 format :D

Wul
1st April 2005, 05:33 PM
Willie - believe it or not there actually is a free bit of software that'll do that for you - my mate is currently using it to rip some rare vinyls to mp3 with good results!! :clown:

Wul
1st April 2005, 06:19 PM
Reinstalled the Jukebox driver and we're back cookin wi gas folks :)

The Dogfather
1st April 2005, 06:29 PM
I use an iPOD and itunes and Airport Express with my XP Pro PC no problems so far!

GAJ
1st April 2005, 06:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

I use an iPOD and itunes and Airport Express with my XP Pro PC no problems so far!

3/4
good, but could do better!;)

The Dogfather
1st April 2005, 07:06 PM
I'm not complaining the PC was free! (Works)