PDA

View Full Version : What was...

Burple
31st March 2005, 06:56 PM
....The first Single you ever bought????

(Vinyl? tape? CD?)

I'll be the first to admit mine was Survivor's 'Eye Of The Tiger'!! ;):p

Closely followed by Adam and the Ants 'Stand and Deliver' and Cliff Richard and the Young Ones 'Living Doll'!

Come on... Own up!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:cool:

minidriver#1
31st March 2005, 06:58 PM
hmm this is a hard one, i cant remember too well but i think my first single was Wet Wet Wet on vinyl from ASDA for £1.50. Do They Have To Know? i think was the title, i still have it at home somewhere. Oh how i miss those emo rockers.

duncan
31st March 2005, 07:04 PM
Ally's Tartan Army for the 78 world cup:I

Big Gordy
31st March 2005, 07:07 PM
Single,Backmann Turner Overdrive - Ain't seen nothing yet:D
Album, Top of the Pops:dead:(can't remember the number:I)THE SHAME:disapprove:
:p:D:approve:

Burple
31st March 2005, 07:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

hmm this is a hard one, i cant remember too well but i think my first single was Wet Wet Wet on vinyl from ASDA for £1.50. Do They Have To Know? i think was the title, i still have it at home somewhere. Oh how i miss those emo rockers.

LOL...

Wet Wet Wet... Emo Rockers...
stoppit... falling off seat... tears streaming... can't breathe...
Bwaaaaaaaaaah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p

Wul
31st March 2005, 08:49 PM
ewan - i'm no talkin to you no more - EYE OF THE F'ING TIGER!! - I hate that song!!

Anyways - my first single was living in a box by living in a box :I

Monsta Mo Mini
31st March 2005, 08:57 PM
First album was Down to Earth by Rainbow (in clear vinyl!) more worryingly - I've still got it!

I have a really bad feeling about the first single....

...I think it might have been by Status Quo....the track is immaterial...the shame....the shame!

What can I say I've always been a rock kid at heart! At least I "survived" the tempataion to buy Eye of the Tiger!

Smurf
31st March 2005, 09:13 PM
Never bought singles - always thought they were a waste of money - apart from a couple of Comic Relief ones. Anyone remember the B side "I've never met a nice South African"? Class! :I:cool:

First album I was given was Wham! <groan> First Album I bought was Europe, can't remember the name, no doubt LnL can furnish me with that - oh dear..... :I closely followed by Bon Jovi, Livin' on a Prayer..... They started an addiction spanning many years (probably still going, if I admit it) which led into Metallica, AC/DC, and lots of other scary stuff..... :I

Mind you, most of my albums were bought by other people, and I spent many evenings taping them on to C90's!! :I

:cool::D

Big Gordy
31st March 2005, 09:46 PM
Hey Smurf:D Just got Metallica's S & M double CD:approve: and its mighty fine stuff :p:D:approve:

Crombers
31st March 2005, 10:03 PM
1978 Boomtown Rats "Rat Trap" , closely followed by absolute gems from the likes of The Jam , The Clash , The Pistols , The Stranglers , Generation X , Undertones .............. oh the list could go on & on (what a generation to walk into:approve:)

The Dogfather
31st March 2005, 10:06 PM
12" Transition Vamp

Scottie
31st March 2005, 10:20 PM
ok here it is Jimmy Osmand Long Haired Lover from Liverpool.:D

Burple
31st March 2005, 10:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Never bought singles - always thought they were a waste of money - apart from a couple of Comic Relief ones. Anyone remember the B side "I've never met a nice South African"? Class! :I:cool:

HA ha ha.. yeah...second line "They're a bunch of arrogant ******s"... or something ;)
Much preferred the Chicken song tho! :D

quote:
First album I was given was Wham! <groan> First Album I bought was Europe, can't remember the name, no doubt LnL can furnish me with that - oh dear.....

Surey must have been "The Final Countdown!!" :D:D

quote:
:I closely followed by Bon Jovi, Livin' on a Prayer..... They started an addiction spanning many years (probably still going, if I admit it) which led into Metallica, AC/DC, and lots of other scary stuff..... :I

Come and look at my collection!!! I bet there's a lot the same!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

quote:
Mind you, most of my albums were bought by other people, and I spent many evenings taping them on to C90's!! :I

Ahem..... <shuffles feet> dunno *what* you could possibly mean.. ;););)

Go Smurf!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Burple
31st March 2005, 10:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

ewan - i'm no talkin to you no more - EYE OF THE F'ING TIGER!! - I hate that song!!

Hey.. I was young...:D:D
Still a fab tune tho!!

:D

Wul
31st March 2005, 10:49 PM
Nope - it's not! :disapprove::dead:

Burple
31st March 2005, 11:03 PM

Nope - it's not! :disapprove::dead:

Aye.. it pure *is* ya dobber!!

Here you go..
Try and get THIS out of your head this afternoon!!

"It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all with the eeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee of the tiger...."

Bwah hah hah hah hah...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wul
31st March 2005, 11:25 PM
Bet you never even used Google to get those lyrics ya saddo!! :p

It's still a pi$h tune though! :clown:

Burple
31st March 2005, 11:40 PM

Bet you never even used Google to get those lyrics ya saddo!! :p
It's still a pi$h tune though! :clown:

darn tootin' right it didn't have to! :D:D:D:D

hyperflick
1st April 2005, 01:15 AM
Ok think my first single was the Nolan sisters!!! :eek: Can't even remember the name of it but i know it was p*sh. Then came reet petite,:( again p*sh. Then i got into Wet Wet Wet, have to say they were class for girlies my age... and apparantly KJ!!

Have to say young man I'm starting to get a wee bit worried about you...Tee Hee:):););):D:D

Then i got into the world of dance and rave music...Yes, yes I know... but it was the 'in thing' at the time. The whole 'Big Fish, Little Fish, Cardboard Box' dancing type thing:):cool::cool::D:D:D

It surely can't get worse than that!!!:dead::dead::dead:

Burple
1st April 2005, 01:38 AM
quote:
Then i got into the world of dance and rave music...Yes, yes I know... but it was the 'in thing' at the time. The whole 'Big Fish, Little Fish, Cardboard Box' dancing type thing:):cool::cool::D:D:D
It surely can't get worse than that!!!:dead::dead::dead:

...are you sure that's right now?

Nothing to do with cardboard fish?? snigger snigger... :p:p;);):D:D:D

Sheilz
1st April 2005, 08:22 AM
1st Album - A Night at the Opera - Queen
1st single - When you're in love with a beautiful woman - Dr Hook

Still have them and still like them
:D:D:D:D

I Want A Works
1st April 2005, 08:39 AM
OK, I cant quite remember what it was but it was one of the following 3!
Theme From Saturday Superstore
Theme From Postman Pat or
Keith Harris & Orville - Come to my party!

Look i was about 6, and I got a little record player for my Xmas, and as my dad owned (in fact he still does own, just I'm doing it now) a mobiel disco, I could get any record I wanted from the local record shop.

Probably the first one I bought with my own money was John Parr - St Elmo's Fire

Smurf
1st April 2005, 04:11 PM
Hyperflick - I went to see the Wets reunion tour gigs at the end of last year - and they were FABBY!
One of the best gigs I've been to, I really enjoyed it.

Yes, as well as turning into a metal head in my teens, a bit later on I was dragged kicking and screaming back into mainstream bands too!

LnL - The Final Countdown!! Don't know why I couldn't remember that name, must be stressed at work or something! :D LOL!

Just bought the Rooster album. Will play it today! :D

Willie M
1st April 2005, 05:11 PM
'If the kids are united' - Sham 69 was my first real single.
BUT...... I did have a Showaddywaddy LP when I was about 6 or 7 :D:approve: Oh, and The Wombles album (Mike Batt, what a man....)

hyperflick
1st April 2005, 05:56 PM
Smurf... I also had The Final Countdown by Europe and just happened to see it played on Kerrang the other day, have to say the lead singer was wearing a nice shade of pink lippy!:):):D:D:D

Emmm... Did I not say Cardboard Fish when we were a wee bit tipsy one night!!! :question::p:p:p

GAJ
1st April 2005, 06:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

'If the kids are united' - Sham 69 was my first real single.
BUT...... I did have a Showaddywaddy LP when I was about 6 or 7 :D:approve: Oh, and The Wombles album (Mike Batt, what a man....)

I honestly can't remember the first single I bought but I do remember buying 'Turning Japanese' by The Vapors. I think I'll settle on that as it is slightly less embarassing than some of the other stuff I bought then.:I
I remember my brother having Showaddywaddy's album back then too, 'Bright Lights' it was called if I remember correctly. Even then I knew it was tosh, unlike 'Rocking All Over The World' by Status Quo which was also in the house and I thought was class. Actually, I still do!:)
I also had Pinky and Perky sing The Beatles! A hell of a lot better than the cheekly little mop top Scousers it is too! Still got it!!