PDA

View Full Version : Standard MINI cd head unit

sleepyrascal
31st March 2005, 07:40 AM
A guy I know is looking for a standard MINI cd head unit to install in his wifes MINI One.

She currently has cassette only.

If you have one lying around and want rid of it, name your price and i'll see if he will buy it from you.

CHeers people!! Sleepy :D

minimadtez
5th April 2005, 01:43 AM
When I can arrange for dad to fit my MP3/CD player from Coopy to Bumble the Ill have one

sleepyrascal
5th April 2005, 05:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by minimadtez

When I can arrange for dad to fit my MP3/CD player from Coopy to Bumble the Ill have one

GET A BEND ON THEN!! :D:D:D:D

<waits patiently for rapid facial slap>:(

minimadtez
5th April 2005, 07:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

GET A BEND ON THEN!! :D:D:D:D

<waits patiently for rapid facial slap>:(

Will sort ya out later :p

Sheilz
7th April 2005, 09:17 AM
I've got my one lying around doing nothing. Can have it if interested. Was removed within a week of buying the car. No idea of price. What is or isnt reasonable? £40?

Big Gordy
7th April 2005, 04:26 PM
I've been toying with the idea of changing the tape unit for the cd unit as well:I Soooooooooooo if there's a spare one going after sleepy gets his I could be your man:p <if the price is right of course;)>
I take it they are just a straight swap:question:
:p:D:approve:

sleepyrascal
7th April 2005, 07:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

I've been toying with the idea of changing the tape unit for the cd unit as well:I Soooooooooooo if there's a spare one going after sleepy gets his I could be your man:p <if the price is right of course;)>
I take it they are just a straight swap:question:
:p:D:approve:

I think you would have to switch from wave to boost. It's different connections at the back, however its really easy to fit the adaptor.

You also have to fanny about with the centre pillars and centre console to get the radio out in the first place. You should go to some of the DIY websites. They have step by step picture diagrams. The job looks like a lot of work in the pictures but it's actually pretty easy.