PDA

View Full Version : Dropping like flies!!!

The Dogfather
30th March 2005, 06:33 AM
OK so we've lost Callum, Alan (Bonnie), Fontal and Willie M. We've also got Julz and John selling their Minis.

Will you all please stop getting shot (of your Minis). PLEASE!

At this rate there'll be hardly any MINIs on the Cullen Run it'll be all VWs, Scoobies, Evos etc.

Scottie
30th March 2005, 06:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini
OK so we've lost Callum, Alan (Bonnie), Fontal and Willie M. We've also got Julz and John selling their Minis.

At this rate there'll be hardly any MINIs on the Cullen Run it'll be all VWs, Scoobies, Evos etc.

Paul I will always have a mini keeping the blue one until it's a classic.

Would never re "coop" the money I spent on it.;)

minidriver#1
30th March 2005, 07:54 AM
John selling too? I'm selling also.

macblob
30th March 2005, 08:05 AM
Sold mine , but ages ago :disapprove:

minidriver#1
30th March 2005, 08:29 AM
i'm not really selling. i cant sell my stealthy cooper, well, soon to be stealthy lol.

I guess people are getting to that stage where they want to move on a bit from the Cooper. Its a great car but by no means the best if you know what i mean. Evos and Scoobys are both cars i'd love to own, along with Skylines and a few Euro cars.

sleepyrascal
30th March 2005, 08:29 AM
And probably me next year too:(.....

but only cos i'm after an S!! :D

minidriver#1
30th March 2005, 08:31 AM
^^ word!

mgemie
30th March 2005, 08:31 AM
i could be selling my MO when i'm 25...but only to get a 'S' (25 due to insurance)..although i'm considering keeping it since i could never part with my trusty ONE esp. after all the work i've done to it..

Mini Me
30th March 2005, 08:56 AM
Tis rather troubling :dead::disapprove:
Good job theres no shortage off people looking to buy this wonderful product !!!!
Who ,if bought from a little dealer in Stirling,are always told about NMS :D;)

john
30th March 2005, 04:54 PM

I may be in my trusty van for Cullen:(

As for selling up,I have no choice in the matter:disapprove:

Willie M
30th March 2005, 05:13 PM
I've still effectively got a MINI mind you, when it suits Linda of course ;):I Wee Daisy likes to go out for a drive with me from time to time :approve:

Mini Martyn
30th March 2005, 08:13 PM
I will be changing next march 06, might get a Works, but might go for a 2 seater. :D

Duncan Stewart
30th March 2005, 08:14 PM
I've sold mine as well :(, but only cos I've ordered a new Coop :D- the best car money can buy :approve::p:cool:

Smurf
30th March 2005, 09:32 PM
Go Duncan!!
:D
What spec?

Steve74
30th March 2005, 10:24 PM
Traded mine in on Monday!

Heather
31st March 2005, 02:49 AM
Well I am MINI through and through! New baby going through final inspection at the Oxford Mothership as I type. :D

minidriver#1
31st March 2005, 02:54 AM
^^when is the due date? :)

minimadtez
31st March 2005, 03:52 AM

Not strictly true....Fontals MINI will still be there!! But with a different driver.....ie me!

duncan
31st March 2005, 04:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit
I guess people are getting to that stage where they want to move on a bit from the Cooper. Its a great car but by no means the best if you know what i mean. Evos and Scoobys are both cars i'd love to own, along with Skylines and a few Euro cars.

Tend to disagree with you there KJ.
Maybe the speed freaks need more power and want to move on to other high insurance group cars, but for others its more a case of practicality and money.

I changed when the car turned 3, and was into the choice of paying for a new warranty, new tyres, and road tax, or a new car.

I wasnt keen on having a MINI without a warranty, and the other 2 were musts, so why should i pay out nearly £1000 for the same car, especially when it was probably the last time to get a decent price for it, before the residual dropped big time.

As my circumstances havent changed, i dont need room for bambinos, or drive vast mileages to benefit from a larger engined TDi type car, i stuck with the MINI, although a Cooper instead of a One, just to have a few wee extra toys.

Duncan Stewart
31st March 2005, 06:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Go Duncan!!
What spec?

Pretty much same as I've got but Red / black this time so no Ace of spades roof. Same 15" alloys as I love em :D (must be wierd ;))

GAJ
31st March 2005, 07:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Heather

Well I am MINI through and through! New baby going through final inspection at the Oxford Mothership as I type. :D

You better keep typing then, otherwise it will take ages!:clown::I

Smurf
31st March 2005, 09:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Go Duncan!!
What spec?

Pretty much same as I've got but Red / black this time so no Ace of spades roof. Same 15" alloys as I love em :D (must be wierd ;))

Red & Black is cool. :cool:
I look forward to seeing him soon!

hyperflick
1st April 2005, 12:50 AM
What colour is the new Baby gonna be Heather?:):):):D:D:D

Heather
1st April 2005, 02:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by hyperflick

What colour is the new Baby gonna be Heather?:):):):D:D:D

Black, Black, Black!!!!!!!!!!

Wul
1st April 2005, 04:01 AM
Great Choice H! :cool:

broken_brian
5th April 2005, 05:07 PM
i still have my mini it just needs a bit of tlc and yet more work for its mot:evil:

weefossy
6th April 2005, 05:16 AM
Heather, hope you are as keen as Wul on polishing!! It takes me three times as long to clean "Black Betty" as it did to do the electric blue one. They do look good when they're clean though. It's those nasty little swirls that get me!!

euan
11th April 2005, 11:36 PM
Have to admit, I've toyed with getting shot of mine but she'll be around for a bit longer anyway. My brother has sold his Cooper now (bought an RX-8), so maybe I'll start looking soon. Trouble is, nothing get's me motivated or excited like my MINI did.

ScottishCooper
12th April 2005, 02:12 AM
Think I'll have mine forever. Have thought into the future and considering keeping it and buying another motor. However, I can't see anything else I would fancy just now. Never know might just walk into the Mini showroom one day and organise an nice wee swap ! LOL

Steve74
12th April 2005, 04:36 AM
The mini is a lovely car - I just got shot of mine as it had so many warranty issues it was getting silly!