PDA

View Full Version : GOOD MORNING MINI PEOPLE

I Want A Works
29th March 2005, 06:32 AM
Hi there, Just joined today so thought I'd say HI!
Don't yet have a mini, but got my eyes on a really nice new cooper so just thought I'd drop in by here and see what the crack is and look for some banter and slagging offs! :D

Feel free to reply and slagg us off!

MartinSullivan
29th March 2005, 06:34 AM
Welcome to the site - the only thing I can slag you for is that you havent got your car yet, whats taking you so long :question: :D

minidriver#1
29th March 2005, 06:37 AM
Are you a balding eagle ? :p seems to be alot of em on the site at the moment ;) bah haha

welcome to the site mate.

I Want A Works
29th March 2005, 06:38 AM
Well it is a combination of the fact that I used to have a d plate classic that I never got my thumb out of my a**e to do up, the ex, being in debt and only recently rediscovering my childhood and cars :D
I do however have a Mk1 Golf GTI soft top! that I might be selling to help finance my new car.

I Want A Works
29th March 2005, 06:46 AM
oh - but I did have a test drive today in an 03 JCW mini! F*** they are good!

minidriver#1
29th March 2005, 07:23 AM
do you have pics of the GTi?

I Want A Works
29th March 2005, 07:42 AM
Not at this point in time but I will have by the end of the week after I polish it a wee bit and take it a run to Aberdeen-land! Might even go down the boulee and go a bit if bashing!

The Dogfather
29th March 2005, 08:16 AM
Thurso? Blimey it'll be a long way to go for a service! We'll be passing through Thurso when we do the Twilight Run Reccie on the 10th (see Runs and Meet section!). By the way do you know any petrol stations that are open 24hrs or open very late night Saturday?

I Want A Works
29th March 2005, 08:53 AM
NO sorry bad dog there are none up this way open that late. Only hope is tescos in Inverness, but it is credit card only, or the Skiach Services at Evanton (about 20 mile north of Inverness) are open 24 hrs! There is a petrol station in town that opens at 7am week days and closes at 10pm, but looking at your itinerary (if that is how you spell the word) that will be a little bit late, or early for you.
But if you are looking for any info about up here, give us a shout. Might even pop out to John O' Groats and meet you so you can all laught at the Golf, or my granda car, depending on what I take.
Or would I be able to follow for a bit in the Golf? I know it ain't a Mini, but it is a nice car :D

sleepyrascal
29th March 2005, 09:03 AM
ME thinks petrol cans full of Optimax be the solution ere!!

Nice to meet you the other night at Nat's. Hope you manage to get that mini soon! Actually, i'll sell you mine if you want. £16,000, just cos its you

<sleepy tries to remember how much Bonnie wanted for his cooper s:D:D>

I Want A Works
29th March 2005, 09:22 AM
How do know that I am the same person that you met the other night??? Suppose there ain't many of us in the world who have the dubious pleasure of knowing Tez, is there! lol

£16,000 eh! Might hold off for a bit and see what Calterdon in Inverness give me for my old granda car against a cooper :)

sleepyrascal
29th March 2005, 09:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by I Want A Works

How do know that I am the same person that you met the other night??? Suppose there ain't many of us in the world who have the dubious pleasure of knowing Tez, is there! lol

£16,000 eh! Might hold off for a bit and see what Calterdon in Inverness give me for my old granda car against a cooper :)

Calterdon!! NA NA... Thats where I got my car. They are no use. Its a trek, but you want to go to Menzies Mini in sterling! Or is it Perth. No its sterling! They are (as voted by NMS members) the best dealer! Talk to minime on this site, or ask for Iain when you phone Menzies.

I Want A Works
29th March 2005, 10:06 AM
Thanks Mate. I assune that the mini garage in Aberdeen up near rag vardy and the like ain't recommended either?

minimadtez
29th March 2005, 10:28 AM
Hi Graham.
NON mini owner!!!
Good plan Sleepy.....16k for your car......take it that would go directly to Bonnie Scotland!! :D:D

Take him down guys!!! He drives a granda car!

Julz
29th March 2005, 05:11 PM
My mini's for sale.... BBR220 (and a bit);):D

Welcome to the site! Thurso eh, my dad's from Thurso, explains alot I suppose:sleepy:!! (my mum isn't from Thurso before anyone starts:evil:)

Gismo
29th March 2005, 06:16 PM
Welcome to the site, i'm sure you'll be allowed to tag on to the run mentioned above
Now, if you're looking for a Works beater ;)

sleepyrascal
29th March 2005, 07:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by minimadtez

Hi Graham.
NON mini owner!!!
Good plan Sleepy.....16k for your car......take it that would go directly to Bonnie Scotland!! :D:D

Take him down guys!!! He drives a granda car!

Yes, I would never see the money!

Crombers
29th March 2005, 10:29 PM
Ah a Mk1 GTi , loverly stuff.
Welcome to the site & hope you are MINI'd before too long :D

I Want A Works
30th March 2005, 03:27 AM
How much for your car then Julz??? Your dad is from this god forsaken hole eh! Poor you. lol :p U still got relations up here?

And Tez, just mind that I'm taking the Golf down this weekend! And you ain't getting a shot of it! U still owe me a shot of Bumble any way! lol ;)

Julz
30th March 2005, 03:30 AM

How much for your car then Julz???

Any sensible offers considered!!:clown:

Gismo
30th March 2005, 03:46 AM
How much for your car then Julz???

coughsplutterwheeze 16.5k for ma wee beastie

john
30th March 2005, 03:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Welcome to the site, i'm sure you'll be allowed to tag on to the run mentioned above

Looking for a works beater then look no further:)

My car is for sale:)

john
30th March 2005, 03:51 AM
If you live in Thurso then I'm sure you will have seen my car there many a time;)

Silver/black roof and an FSK reg:cool:

The Dogfather
30th March 2005, 03:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

Yeah but your car is only a works beater because of the driver, Alan's is a works beater despite the driver :eek::blackeye:;)

I Want A Works
30th March 2005, 03:55 AM
I have probably seen it but never taken notice of it, even thought I would have been parked rounf the corner from my house! When was it that you were up lasr and did you stop at Capaldi's for ice cream :p

Gismo
30th March 2005, 03:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini
Yeah but your car is only a works beater because of the driver, Alan's is a works beater despite the driver :eek::blackeye:;)

Quality :eek::p:D

john
30th March 2005, 03:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

If I was driving the works then how would that work out then?:D

john
30th March 2005, 03:59 AM

I have probably seen it but never taken notice of it, even thought I would have been parked rounf the corner from my house! When was it that you were up lasr and did you stop at Capaldi's for ice cream :p

I never pass Capaldi's without stopping for icecream:cool:

My Brother inlaw lives at Spital and has a wide bodied RX7 and a few hillman imp too:cool:

Gismo
30th March 2005, 04:06 AM
It would still be a works beater ;)

john
30th March 2005, 04:10 AM

It would still be a works beater ;)

now I'm confused,are we talking Cooper works or 's' works:)

I Want A Works
30th March 2005, 04:12 AM
mmm rx7 eh! must go and have a look next time b4 i come down the line! And imps eh! Must investigate! he more I think about it John, I think that I have spotted your car in town. I've not got that good a memory like. Are you doing this twilight run?

phantom
30th March 2005, 06:02 AM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome :D:D:D