PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Chicago USA

MacBoo
27th March 2005, 06:03 AM
Hello all, I am a new member from the suburbs of Chicago Illinois and am the editor of our Mini club newsletter. Our club is M.I.N.I., Mini's In Northern Illinois and we meet monthly and have several events throughout the year too. Please visit us at http://minisinil.com/ and browse around.

I have a "V" reg RHD Mini 850 that I am currently restoring and a '03 MCS in Indi Blue with matching roof, I am planning to get a Saltire flag from CooperFlags soon.

I also have Scottish ties with the Clan MacMillan.

MartinSullivan
27th March 2005, 07:35 AM
Welcome to the site - will check your site out. Hope you enjoy your stay :D

Natalie
27th March 2005, 08:05 AM
Welcome to NMS!! :D

sleepyrascal
27th March 2005, 11:34 AM
hello.

I had a look at your site. Tried to leave a message on the forum but wasn't allowed to register :(

Mini Me
27th March 2005, 07:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

hello.

I had a look at your site. Tried to leave a message on the forum but wasn't allowed to register :(

Ha , NO Dogs allowed....:eek::blackeye::evil:

Greetings

Gismo
27th March 2005, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the site, probably won't see you on any runs over here 8) but i'm sure you'll enjoy the banter

Tried to leave a message on the forum but wasn't allowed to register :(
You have to request a user name and password from the site ;) tells you on the forum page

phantom
27th March 2005, 09:19 PM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome :D:D:D

Smurf
27th March 2005, 10:34 PM
Welcome to the mad house!
:D

J Cee
28th March 2005, 12:28 AM
Welcome Floatee!

sleepyrascal
28th March 2005, 03:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Welcome to the site, probably won't see you on any runs over here 8) but i'm sure you'll enjoy the banter

You have to request a user name and password from the site ;) tells you on the forum page

I know. But I couldn't be bothered doing that so I just said I couldn't leave a message....:D

MacBoo
28th March 2005, 02:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Thank you all for the warm welcome, it's amazing just how big the Mini community can be.

Bonnie Scotland, you never know who might just show up at a run. As a matter of fact, I am planning a trip to Edinburgh later this year, hopefully.

Willie M
28th March 2005, 09:40 PM
Welcome to NMS David. Good of you to pop by :cool:

X30YES
29th March 2005, 06:04 AM
Welcom to NMS from across the pond

duncan
29th March 2005, 06:16 AM
Welcome!

Have great memories of a trip to Chicago back in 93.
Driving up the Dan Ryan Expressway at night was quite a sight.

Crombers
29th March 2005, 10:25 PM
Welcome :D & g'day to y'all

MacBoo
31st March 2005, 12:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Welcome!

Duncan,

Chicago is a beautiful city but especially at night when it's all lit up. The view from the Dan Ryan is breathtaking, unless you are stuck in rush hour traffic of course. ;) I prefer driving on Lake Shore Drive, especially during the summer when there are a lot of activities going on and the beaches are full of young scantily clad women. :p

I'll try to take a couple of pictures from the Dan Ryan later today and post them if I can?

duncan
31st March 2005, 04:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by floatee

quote:Originally posted by duncan

Welcome!

Duncan,

Chicago is a beautiful city but especially at night when it's all lit up. The view from the Dan Ryan is breathtaking, unless you are stuck in rush hour traffic of course. ;) I prefer driving on Lake Shore Drive, especially during the summer when there are a lot of activities going on and the beaches are full of young scantily clad women. :p

I'll try to take a couple of pictures from the Dan Ryan later today and post them if I can?

Hey, that would be really good!
The view i remember was just at the junction of the Dan Ryan and 95th with the Skyscrapers all lit up at night.

Chicago in summer must be great, i was there in February, (or was it March?), and, managed to get snowed in!:eek: