PDA

View Full Version : Brake pads...

zimbo
9th July 2003, 01:26 AM
Hi all...
Does anyone out there have GREENSTUFF brake pads on there minis?
if so do they give off less brake dust as I've heard?? and is the braking performance any better than the standard pads...

Brake dust is a pain the **** :p

No golf clubs at all
12th July 2003, 07:37 PM
someone suggested waxing the wheels, then the brake dust clings to the wax not the wheel. Therefore being easier to clean. Dunno if it works but it has to be worth a shot.

euan
12th July 2003, 08:32 PM
It does work - I did it to my Cooper and with the 5-spoke and it made it much easier. If I get the R90 on the S then I'll be waxing them like a trouper!

Wul
14th July 2003, 04:57 PM
Waxing the wheels does work - rember - NO SPRAY WAX DIRECTLY ON TO THE WHEEL! - apply to a cloth first and then wipe on etc

I spent 2 hours this weekend taking the wheels off, cleaning the tar spots off them with mequiars hot rims (good stuff!) and then waxing them including the inside! They look ace now!

Wul
14th July 2003, 04:58 PM
BTW - Welcome to NMS No golf clubs at all!:D

Not long till you get your MINI - what are you getting?

3GGG
14th July 2003, 05:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo

Hi all...
Does anyone out there have GREENSTUFF brake pads on there minis?
if so do they give off less brake dust as I've heard?? and is the braking performance any better than the standard pads...

Brake dust is a pain the **** :p

I think Tahra has the green stuff pads, she may like to comment.

Have you got white wheels by any chance?

Julz
14th July 2003, 08:33 PM
Just cheat like me and get black alloys!!:D

zimbo
15th July 2003, 12:10 AM
Julz

I thought about black wheels, but I'm not sure how they would look on my silver coop... love the ones that are on my car just now:D

You'll see for yourself on saturday on the Cullen Ice Cream run...:p

Julz
15th July 2003, 03:54 PM
Mine are black from one angle, chrome from another and SOOOOO easy to clean cause you can get your hand right the way through them!! (although a little upset after friday, I had a choice of lorry in the side of my car or a scuffed wheel, I chose the later! Thankfully my tyres with girlie kerb protectors reduced the damage, but the lorry driver was not saved a face full of abuse:mad::evil:)

zimbo
16th July 2003, 12:32 AM
Julz, I know that feeling oh to well!!!! :mad:

Thats why I love my wheels so much , coz I can clean my wheels without having to take them off as well... :D:D
Just waxed my wheels at the weekend with a bit of help from low_n_load1, so now just have to see how brake dust washes off wheels when I next wash the beast.

Burple
16th July 2003, 07:08 AM
Hey.. somebody on Mini2 suggested putting cooking oil on yer wheels??
Does he wax his chips??
Remind me never to visit for tea! There's only so much that HP can hide!! ;)

Yanks eh?? ;) :D :D