PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P

hyperflick
26th March 2005, 12:57 AM
Have a huge confession to make today... as i was leaving Ewans this morning, driving along minding my own business, I see 2 blackbirds on the road, and as we all know birds sometimes leave it a tad late to fly away, narrowly missing getting broken necks etc... Well unfortunatley there appears to be one less blackbird soaring the skies as it accidently bounced of Rascals front bumper.:eek::eek::disapprove::disapprove: As i was in total disbelief that this terrible act had just taken place i carried on, as didn't want to be late for work. Feeling extremly guilty i text Ewan to confirm the worst and by the time he drove past the scene the poor wee birdy had been squashed into the road:(:( To all birdy lovers out there i apologise and believe me I do feel incredibly bad... Sorry!

Natalie
26th March 2005, 01:00 AM
LOL!! Sorry i shouldn't be laughing but that did sound funny!! It can't be as bad as me hitting or should i say squishing a cute little Squirrel!! I felt terrible after that!! :D

NM :D

Julz
26th March 2005, 01:11 AM
I've only ever whacked one piece of wildlife, and that was a pheasant, it wrecked the front bumper of my last 205! So I promptly got out of the car, kicked the dead thing about then jumped on it for costing me £200 of damage!! Now all wildlife scares me and I avoid it with great caution!!:mad:

duncan
26th March 2005, 01:29 AM
Not all in the one day, but this is my death toll :disapprove::disapprove::(

Two Rabbits - in the works van on night shift
1 cat at 70 MPH on the Motorway at Stirling
1 Pigeon in the middle of Perth.

Clare1
27th March 2005, 10:38 PM
Terrible!!!! haha

So far, my animal crimes include:
1 poor wee pigeon....should have seen the feathers goin everywhere, Saxo gets the blame for that one....my friend screamed like mad....imagine how the pigeon felt!!!

And i smacked a rabbit at over 70mph......YUK!!! should have seen the fur wedged into my poor MINI's wheel arches & bumper!!!! SQUISHED RABBIT!!!!!

And both were on the same stretch of road near Stirling...Animal Roadkill hotspot me thinks!!! ;0)

Mini Me
28th March 2005, 05:43 AM
Busy day Miss Deans ????

broken_brian
28th March 2005, 11:37 AM
a seagull at 70 mph or so into the front grille of my classic it completely destroyed it had blood and feathers every where, but i got a new grille from a scrapy for a tenner :D

Sheilz
29th March 2005, 12:15 AM
3 rabbits and a mouse. The thump and bump is horrible. :(:(

Burple
29th March 2005, 01:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by hyperflick

Have a huge confession to make today... as i was leaving Ewans this morning, driving along minding my own business, I see 2 blackbirds on the road, and as we all know birds sometimes leave it a tad late to fly away, narrowly missing getting broken necks etc... Well unfortunatley there appears to be one less blackbird soaring the skies as it accidently bounced of Rascals front bumper.:eek::eek::disapprove::disapprove: As i was in total disbelief that this terrible act had just taken place i carried on, as didn't want to be late for work. Feeling extremly guilty i text Ewan to confirm the worst and by the time he drove past the scene the poor wee birdy had been squashed into the road:(:( To all birdy lovers out there i apologise and believe me I do feel incredibly bad... Sorry!

It's still there and now VERY flat!!! :D:D:D:D:blackeye::dead:

ELFMAN
29th March 2005, 02:27 AM
When out "testing" the Playmini exhaust after fitting, Bill and I managed to get a sparrow straight in the bonnet air scoop at 75MPH. Luckily by the time we got back to the house, it was nearly done. Handy things intercoolers...

Seriously, we thought we'd managed to miss it. Anybody seen Hitchcock's "The Birds"? Do you think they can log on to websites? Be Afraid, BE VERY AFRAID.

(Background) TWEET.... TWEET....CHIRP....SQUAWK....

Oh Bugger.

ELFMAN
29th March 2005, 02:31 AM
GERROFFF! NO! NO!
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I Want A Works
29th March 2005, 06:24 AM
HI THERE
I'm a new member but just thought I'd tell ya about the 2 biggest things I've hit.
They are a BIG (and I mean BIG) deer when I was in the passangers seat of a mini-van when I was working in Canada, and wrote the van off(and let me see what an exploding airbag looks like!) The other was a roe deer that emerged from the side of the road when I was driving my old Renault Laguna. Hit front passangers side at the bumper, lightly scraped the car, but the bloody thing ran off fit and well! Was looking forward to a bit of bambi, sorry venison!

Monsta Mo Mini
29th March 2005, 05:59 PM
Oh dear....I'd advise any wildlife to stay well clear of the roads when I'm around...

It all started with the Roe deer when i was 17, it wrote my Mk1 Astra off!
A cat on the M90 which went straight through the grill and into the engine on my Mini van.
Two sheep on South Uist....Land Rover was fine...sheep were stew
The pigeon...right outside Foreigners in Dundee with many witnesses...
Countless rabbits...the best/worst was 6 in one evening coming down Glen Isla, you'd swear that road has a carpet during the summer
Assorted crows, pheasants, partridges, hedgehogs....
.....and finally...a very big bull at Arisaig...which to be fair actually ran into my car...which was stationary at the time...it left a very big dent in the door.

Crombers
29th March 2005, 10:19 PM
A pheasant @ plenty MPH , just recently on the MOD road between Loch Lomond & Faslane & WOW what a feather explosion. Luckily no damage done.

Monsta Mo Mini
29th March 2005, 10:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

A pheasant @ plenty MPH , just recently on the MOD road between Loch Lomond & Faslane & WOW what a feather explosion. Luckily no damage done.

Very lucky...when I did that it caused £700+ worth of damage!