PDA

View Full Version : Largest thing carried in your MINI?

GAJ
23rd March 2005, 07:51 PM
Okay, MINIs might be wee but it's amazing what you can carry in them. I've managed to transport a fire place (which lead to a minor problem with a tin of paint and a loose lid, let's not go there) and a 32" T.V.

What's the largest thing you have carried in your one:question:

And I don't want anyone suggesting that the largest thing that has been in their MINI is me!;)

Scottie
23rd March 2005, 07:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

and a 32" T.V.

in it's box:question: like just bought from currys and you were taking it home kinda thing :question:if so you done well. cause its a huge box.:D

Wul
23rd March 2005, 07:58 PM
flat-pack 2m tall wardrobe - had it lying pressed against the windscreen and other end poking out the boot!! :eek:

AndyP & Lenore
23rd March 2005, 07:59 PM
A set of four Bullet Spoke alloy wheels.:D To keep the inside of the car clean we wrapped each of them in a big black sack.:) But that just made them slippery.:disapprove: So we ended up transfering them to our M Class and taking them up to Edinburh in that.;) But they did go in the MINI.:D They just flew around too much and I was worried they would take a window out.:disapprove:

AndyP

The Dogfather
23rd March 2005, 08:06 PM
I once fitted a flat pack Ikea kitchen including sink into a Ford Ka which is roughly the size of a MINI plus myself and Jackie.

The headlights lit up the trees even with the headlights adjusted to the max!

GAJ
23rd March 2005, 08:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
in it's box:question: like just bought from currys and you were taking it home kinda thing
No, without the box! Like just blagged from Heather and taking it home kind of thing.:) (Thanks H!!:D:D)

Mini Martyn
23rd March 2005, 08:08 PM
Two Mountain Bikes!!

AndyP & Lenore
23rd March 2005, 08:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

I once fitted a flat pack Ikea kitchen including sink into a Ford Ka which is roughly the size of a MINI plus myself and Jackie.

The headlights lit up the trees even with the headlights adjusted to the max!

WOW! What, like, with the fitted fridge and cooker hob and double oven and everything?:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
23rd March 2005, 08:33 PM
I'm just waiting for the bravest (read - stupidist) person to reply to this topic with the words.... "My wife". :D:D:D

Scottie
23rd March 2005, 08:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP

I'm just waiting for the bravest (read - stupidist) person to reply to this topic with the words.... "My wife". :D:D:D

ehhhhhhh, mmmmmmmmmmm, My Husband:p:D

Burple
23rd March 2005, 09:07 PM
Hmm... lemme see...
Flat packed Coffee table, book case, computer chair, fold up breakfast bar, little table, two lamps and a big blue bag full of assorted bits from IKEA.. and 2 hot dogs!! :p:D:D

....So where's Big C on this topic?? ;););):p:p:D

Mini Martyn
23rd March 2005, 09:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Hmm... lemme see...
Flat packed Coffee table, book case, computer chair, fold up breakfast bar, little table, two lamps and a big blue bag full of assorted bits from IKEA.. and 2 hot dogs!! :p:D:D

But thats from the Kiddies section!! Hahahaha

Julz
23rd March 2005, 09:10 PM
My mate had 5 of us in his mini on saturday!!:eek: One of the guys was over 6ft tall, and the other girlie was, well, quite wide!! I was the one stuck in the back with the central seat belt bits lodged very uncomfortably in my left bum cheek!!:dead: Oh, and some luggage on lots of beer!!;)

old miniac
23rd March 2005, 09:13 PM
my ex girlfriends mother!!!!

Wul
23rd March 2005, 09:15 PM
AAARRRGGGHHHH I hate those feckin error messages!!! :disapprove:

Wul
23rd March 2005, 09:16 PM
once picked up my wife and her 4 mates - 3 across in the back and one lying over their legs - a six-some :p

old miniac
23rd March 2005, 09:29 PM
i've had six in my little old mini! three in the back, three in the front!
mmmm, cozy! lol

Big Col
23rd March 2005, 09:38 PM
My Ego. :D

Mini Martyn
23rd March 2005, 09:39 PM
Six what? Spare tyres, Blow up Dolls? lol

old miniac
23rd March 2005, 09:43 PM
humans! six people! sorry. lol

Mini Martyn
23rd March 2005, 09:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by old miniac

humans! six people! sorry. lol

Coming from Aberdeen are you sure they were Human?

Heather
23rd March 2005, 09:55 PM
My bosses wallet:p

old miniac
23rd March 2005, 10:01 PM
well it was debatable! :)

davesminis
23rd March 2005, 10:50 PM
i have managed to get a classic mini exhaust in my mini one. thats the biggest thing i have carried so far

AeroJonny
24th March 2005, 01:06 AM
Had a 28" tv on the front seat cos the boot was full of rugby kit and uni crap. also had three other rugby players and all our assorted bags and excess mud etc. The car looked slammed!

Burple
24th March 2005, 01:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Hmm... lemme see...

But thats from the Kiddies section!! Hahahaha

So wot's the heaviest thing you've had??

Might it be your a$$??

<remembers back to Cullen last year...> :p:p;);););):D:D:D:D:D:cool::I

snigger snigger...

Clare1
24th March 2005, 02:04 AM
5 peeps to Glasgow n Back!!! But Shhhh ;0)

About to move into my new flat.....That will be the REAL test of space!!!! haha

Jeff
24th March 2005, 04:33 AM
the big fat barsteward I work with at Aberdeen City Cooncil he is about 25 stone no kidding!!!!

shoppie
24th March 2005, 06:18 AM
Two bedroom carpets, my tools and the apprentice....

sleepyrascal
24th March 2005, 06:19 AM
6 wheels in the boot.

Astrohaggis
26th March 2005, 11:14 AM
A table and 4 chairs set. The table top was round and would not fit through the boot still in its box, so I took it out of the box and it had about 3mm clearance either side. :D

minimadtez
26th March 2005, 08:49 PM
What a weird topic!!!

MINIs aint really that small......my classic on the other hand!
went to the IMM in Kinross with my dad, step mum, and sister plus 2 tents, and all the rest of our stuff....unreal how good dad is at packing cars! should have seen the amount of stuff!

ELFMAN
29th March 2005, 02:07 AM
MY EGO!!!!

Although word has it that Willie M. had 3.5 tons of "Werther's Originals" on the recent Borders Run....

Willie M
29th March 2005, 04:47 PM
Nah, sorry Elfie.... it was 3.5 'tonnes'. Us youngsters use the metric system y'know ;):D
I've still got some left, if anyone would like to sit on my lap :p

Burple
29th March 2005, 07:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Nah, sorry Elfie.... it was 3.5 'tonnes'. Us youngsters use the metric system y'know ;):D
I've still got some left, if anyone would like to sit on my lap :p

Aww... so now you're using sweeties..
Am I too late for that offer of seeing the puppies then? ;);):p:p:blackeye::D:D

(Don't put your hand in the sweetie poke kids!! ;) )

indigomatt
29th March 2005, 09:20 PM
Kelly Joe Phelps :approve: yes the famous blues dude :cool:, although most people I tell go 'errrr?' His guitar and lady friend all in the back, whist my mate and I were crammed in the front so to give the famous peeps legroom :p. He initially was looking at the boot to stow is guitar :clown:.

So going on, who else has been a Mini chauffeur to the stars?

M.

S7JGW
30th March 2005, 05:37 AM
Havnt tryed the new MINI yet, but had 10 people in my old SportsPack and still drove to the end of the road and back.

s7 jgw passenger
30th March 2005, 08:10 AM
i mr west is there any thing you did na de in the old mini

GAJ
30th March 2005, 10:44 PM
Roofracks don't count!

Gismo
31st March 2005, 01:15 AM
My iPod, it's got around 6000 tracks on it ;)

S7JGW
31st March 2005, 06:05 AM
Na theres nae muckle i niver did in the al ene, good laugh tho.

Burple
31st March 2005, 11:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by S7JGW

Na theres nae muckle i niver did in the al ene, good laugh tho.

Please tell us you're fae around Aberdeen...

...Either that or your Keyboard's fooked!!!!
:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D;):cool::cool::clown::clown::clown :

monkimagic
2nd April 2005, 04:18 AM
a freezer

red_cooper
6th April 2005, 11:49 PM
Me 6ft 6 (18 stone)driving my dad(19/20 stone) 6ft1 passenger, my mum 5ft 7(i wont quote a womans weight)behnd me. my sister 5ft9(again cant quote)nsr. my dog (golden retriever )in the boot. a costco birthday cake on mums lap and a rucksack full of bottles of spirits and a case of beer in boot beside sam in the boot (also got a multi changer in there too! from aberdeen(north side of) to laurenckirk(south side of). went over the weigh bridge at portlethan cause it was at night and i was shocked to see how heavy we were im estimating but in round figures there was approx 90 stone in the car over and abover her own weight!!

came round the corner at muchalls sitting at over a tonne and dad then finally admitted to me that my mini handled as well as his X5 sport.

It must have been sittin on the bumpstops cause she never gave the slightest incling to offer body roll (averaged 15mpg) his 4.8 V8 x5 would have offered better than that.

thats the biggestgripe i have about the mini.!!!!
FUEL BILL!!!!

a colleage of my father has an jcw S tin-top and only gets 14mpg in it at best thats horrendously bad.

he has a 2003 996 porsche carrera 4's turbo which he returns better mpg in while caning it!!! and the 996 is horrendously faster than a works s can ever dream of being!!!

ScottishCooper
12th April 2005, 02:57 AM
Simple. . . . My Gut ! LOL

Issi
12th April 2005, 04:25 AM
Well being a typical female on a mission to prove that I am an independent gal I have had a coffee table (ok it was flat pack) and a bookcase (again flat pack) and the guy in the shop said to me when I asked for some help carrying it out of the shop - "Don't tell me you drive a Mini" I just laughed and said of course I do - Silly question. And yes I managed to put the Coffee Table and Bookcase together (hurray she says!!!) The only difficult big was getting them up the stair in the flat.

The Dogfather
12th April 2005, 04:33 AM
Issi - you did well, my G/F insisted she built a butchers block trolley after seeing me fit a full flat pack kitchen. She gave up after 2 hours, for me to finish it off.

S7JGW
12th April 2005, 05:09 AM
Aye im fae Macduff abooot 45 miles fae aberdeen

The Dogfather
12th April 2005, 05:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by S7JGW

Aye im fae Macduff abooot 45 miles fae aberdeen

Aye and I'm fae Turriff 10 miles from Macdoof and I need a translator!:D;)

Mind you I am English :eek::blackeye:

S7JGW
13th April 2005, 05:08 AM
Ok then one shall try and speak english so all may understand lol

Issi
14th April 2005, 05:16 AM
I have to admit that I like DIY most of my girl pals think I am off my head, I even think that my dad regrets giving me a tool kit when I left home as it is never away - just as well he has not given me a drill yet - lethal or what - I say that I take after my mum as she is the diy queen - never say never.

john
26th March 2007, 06:51 AM
It fits:)http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/dycecooper/BBQ.jpg

Scottie
26th March 2007, 06:55 AM
What is it?

john
26th March 2007, 07:00 AM
Its a BBQ:cool:

Scottie
26th March 2007, 07:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by john