PDA

View Full Version : amplifier for mini

sampras
23rd March 2005, 09:38 AM
hey guys i live in glasgow needin some help
i m tryin to get a amplifier fitted to ma mini...could anyone tell me where is the best place to go to...i ve been told 1 of the kenwood amp is able to fit under the seat..tht would be neat and idle...
also i m tryin to fit those xenon effects headlamps on ma car...do i need 2 pairs for both dip and main beam? thanks for yur help guys!

X30YES
23rd March 2005, 01:24 PM
Xenon Head lts are about £630 , someone will be here soon to tell you the exct cost of the upgrade ,or just change the bulbs which will give you a brighter headlight ....Amp , well- under the seat I think or depending on the o/a size it could be fitted in the boot where the cd changer would be ,even on to of the Battery compartment (S) or the tool kit Cooper and one and fit an mdf shelf on top to bring the level up to the hight of the rear seats when folded down . Wiring might be the tricky part from the boot . John or Bonnie Scotland aka Scooby doo !!:p would be a good bet to ask , weefossy jr also has a part time hobby ....stripping mini's and fitting amp's and sounds etc .:D

Scottie
23rd March 2005, 06:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by sampras

hey guys i live in glasgow needin some help
i m tryin to get a amplifier fitted to ma mini...could anyone tell me where is the best place to go to...i ve been told 1 of the kenwood amp is able to fit under the seat..tht would be neat and idle...
also i m tryin to fit those xenon effects headlamps on ma car...do i need 2 pairs for both dip and main beam? thanks for yur help guys!

I use Drivers @ Glasgow. They can try to add a premium on the products but if your wise and keep a eye on the cost of product they suggest on the internet and then tell them they will reduce the price.;)

Their fitting service is good IMHO if you go in you will see their mini in the showroon.:)

Burple
23rd March 2005, 07:04 PM

If you don't have Xenon headlamps, then yes, you'll need 2 sets of bulbs to replace what's there already (both dip and main beam).. Philips VisionPlus are the doggy's danglies!

If you do have Xenon Headlamps (Do you have an S or a Cooper or a One??) then you'll only need one pair of bulbs for the Main beam.

5 Minute job to replace the lot of them! :D:D:D:D:D

And as for an amp.. Mine's attached to the naughtly little Sub box in the boot ;) But that's not the only place you can do it.. Try looking on www.mini2.com and doing a search for all the locations that other people have put their stuff! :D

sampras
23rd March 2005, 10:19 PM
i ve got a mini cooper
to change to proper xenons it was gonna cost me at least 1k...which was just too much!
so i was gonna go down the bulb route..lol but i m nae good at DIY so just wanted to know if it was difficult...
thanks for all the tips guys
apparently 1 of the kenwood amps could fit under the seats so i was gonna go for tht..

Burple
24th March 2005, 01:27 AM
apparently 1 of the kenwood amps could fit under the seats so i was gonna go for tht..

Some amps even fit in the Cubby Holes in the boot at the sides...

Get modding!! The Bulbs are a nice easy way to start an addiction!! ;);):D:D

sampras
24th March 2005, 09:43 AM
yeah i think i ve got the bug alreadi lol
was wantin to get a cooper s
almost swapped mine for a nice electric blue 1 last friday
but then realised ma finances wud be severly damaged!
also it didnt have the HK upgrade tht i really wanted

so i ve decided to keep ma wee baby for now
and get the lights and amp added
thinkin of gettin the amd chip as well
wonder if it makes much difference for the cooper...anyone using it?

sampras
25th March 2005, 02:42 AM
went to driver today
they suggested that i change ma head unit and speakers as well
they were pushin the alpine head unit plus speakers for 550 quid
hmmm...
i dun mind changin the headset but i thought our speakers were ok..
any suggestions guys?

Burple
26th March 2005, 12:01 AM

went to driver today
they suggested that i change ma head unit and speakers as well
they were pushin the alpine head unit plus speakers for 550 quid
hmmm...
i dun mind changin the headset but i thought our speakers were ok..
any suggestions guys?

Do the rear 6x9s at least!!
The change is awesome!! :D:D:D

sampras
27th March 2005, 08:35 AM
ok kewl i suppose the rears do thump quite a bit of sound lol
wonder if the alpine speakers r any good though...

Gismo
27th March 2005, 07:15 PM
Not sure of the exact model number, but, i have replacement Alpine speakers front and rear and they sound very good :)

sampras
28th March 2005, 10:49 AM
kewl
did u change the head unit as well?

Gismo
28th March 2005, 05:25 PM
kewl, did u change the head unit as well?

Just a tad, see here (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Bonnie Scotland/ice_install.jpg)